Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 31 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by User1 Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:39 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Here's another one that I recently discovered... a +5 Lightning Balder Side Sword is not the be-all and end-all of all weapons! :roll:
    Not at all! A Balder Side Sword +15 buffed by Crystal magic weapon is the be-all and end-all of all weapons!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 31 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Emergence Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 pm

If you attack the corpse skewer "decorations" in the Painted World, they bleed out.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 pm

The first bloated head hollow in the Township causes the bonfire to go out if it comes up the stairs after you. On ps3 anyway.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:31 pm

deadagain wrote:The first bloated head hollow in the Township causes the bonfire to go out if it comes up the stairs after you. On ps3 anyway.

all emenies do that
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Ok, so I have a character in Sen's right now. I just went out to kill the gate giant, and there was a message in the far corner of the big platform with the chain on it. Nothing interesting, but from that corner, I happened to look down and notice another player message way down on the bottom of the wall. Basically if you stand on the side facing the cliff, and move out to the corner and look down and to your left, there are these two huge buttresses supporting the outer wall, with a little platform between them. The message is on that platform. I'm not an expert on Sen's but there doesn't seem to be a door or entrance, and I know of no way to get out on that platform even if you fall onto it somehow. Is there a way to get up on the battlements and walk or jump all the way around to the front and then drop down?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm not really sure what you mean, but there's a lot of places that are supposed to be inaccessible but you can access with quit/reload tricks.

Can you take a picture of it?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Maybe the giant punched him there. He has a habit of pushing people over the battlements. When you block his attacks, you're pushed back with quite a force. And the battlements are pretty low. That's how I fell down from there. Can't remember where I landed though. But I did die from the fall so it wasn't a soft landing.
    Synalon
    Synalon

Post by Synalon Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Gazman0169 wrote:Here's another one that I recently discovered... a +5 Lightning Balder Side Sword is not the be-all and end-all of all weapons! :roll:
    Not at all! A Balder Side Sword +15 buffed by Crystal magic weapon is the be-all and end-all of all weapons!

People keep mentioning how good the Balder Side Sword is, and after farming literally 200 Balder knights I finally got one. So, should I be using it one-handed or two-handed? If it helps, I like to keep my enemies away so I can cast spells at them.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:43 am

Synalon wrote:People keep mentioning how good the Balder Side Sword is, and after farming literally 200 Balder knights I finally got one. So, should I be using it one-handed or two-handed? If it helps, I like to keep my enemies away so I can cast spells at them.

You one hand it of course! It's a dex weapon so there's little use to 2-handing it.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 am

lalliman wrote:
    Synalon wrote:People keep mentioning how good the Balder Side Sword is, and after farming literally 200 Balder knights I finally got one. So, should I be using it one-handed or two-handed? If it helps, I like to keep my enemies away so I can cast spells at them.

You one hand it of course! It's a dex weapon so there's little use to 2-handing it.
    not to sound like an *** but curved swords are beast two handed and they are dex...
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:17 am

raecor14 wrote:not to sound like an *** but curved swords are beast two handed and they are dex...
    You don't sound like an ***, you prolly know it better than me anyways. But Synalon mentioned his char is a caster, so he's prolly fragile, so he might want to be able to block. Unless he's good at rolling of course.
    Death132

Post by Death132 Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:50 am

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Too bad it's ugly as all *** in my opinion.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:49 pm

The BSS is a great 1-handed... but, if the enemy leaves themselves open for a 2-handed R2, take that oppurtunity.

And, I don't really think it's an ugly sword... it's just simple.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 am

lalliman wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:not to sound like an *** but curved swords are beast two handed and they are dex...
    You don't sound like an ***, you prolly know it better than me anyways. But Synalon mentioned his char is a caster, so he's prolly fragile, so he might want to be able to block. Unless he's good at rolling of course.
    OH never read he was a caster.... use a shield unless you have over 1200 HP and decent poise. and you can 2 hand the BSS but the extra damage may not be worth the R1 the R2 on the other hand is semi godly
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 am

Last night I noticed the eyes on the Taurus Demon are not the same color. He was SO CUTE looking up at me, waiting for his faceful of fireballs.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:48 am

This may be a change since one of the last patches or I'm just messing up my timing. At one time I was able to take a shortcut in Upper Undead Burg by rolling onto the balcony that contains the blue tearstone ring.

Last night I tried that move three or four times and always hit a ledge that deflects me to my death.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:07 am

The tail of the (Lesser) Sanctuary Guardian can be shot off with arrows without even putting yourself in harms way.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:51 pm

I did some spelunking and I think I figured out what I was looking at in Sen's. It appears to be the outlet for the boulders past where Logan is trapped. If you go way out on the lip and then look up and to your right you can see the corner of the platform where the gate giant stands. And from the giant's position, you can see the edge of the lip (where the msg was) but not the doorway. From that angle, it looks like an empty platform. Yay.

Also, I recently discovered that the spikes in the statue traps in the Catacombs are intangible and only hurt you if the spike part contacts you as they extend. All you need to do is slowly walk up to trigger them, and then once the spikes are fully extended you can just walk right through them from the side with no damage. A bit easier than rolling or blocking through them.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 pm

befowler wrote:Also, I recently discovered that the spikes in the statue traps in the Catacombs are intangible and only hurt you if the spike part contacts you as they extend. All you need to do is slowly walk up to trigger them, and then once the spikes are fully extended you can just walk right through them from the side with no damage. A bit easier than rolling or blocking through them.

That's good to know
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm

The Giant's gauntlets and leggings visually compliment the Eastern set relatively nicely, making it much more defensively viable. It's making me consider the possibility of creating a samurai toon.

On a side note, can anyone recommend a good heavy armor combo that looks good with the Demon GA? I started using it with my Leeroy toon, because I discovered how much more damage I was doing with it than the Grant, but it just doesn't look right with the Paladin set. I'm thinking about maybe trying Gough's set, but it doesn't seem all that great defensively.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 pm

I call it the Wraith of Havel, switch out the chest and helmet for the dark wraith parts lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't have a DW set, but yeah I considered mixing that with something also. Maybe the Black Iron?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Black Iron is simply amazing on both looks and defense. I don't know how it'll be with the DGA, but I really like its poise to weight/defense ratios.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:25 pm

I kinda want to stay away from just straight up using the whole BI set, because I just finished up my STR tank and that's essentially what he's using. I just like my toons to be different

But yeah, I agree. It's awesome.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:33 pm

I'd actually recommend mixing up only the BI gauntlets and leggings with other stuff. They seem to go with everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:07 pm