Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 19 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by aprilmanha Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 pm

The ceaseless discharge that you kill to unlock the Hell zone cannot be blocked but you can just stand in the little alley an poke his fist to death as he tries to reach you. Its boring but the best way to fight him.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 19 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 pm

aprilmanha wrote:The ceaseless discharge that you kill to unlock the Hell zone cannot be blocked but you can just stand in the little alley an poke his fist to death as he tries to reach you. Its boring but the best way to fight him.

You know there's a scripted element to that fight right? Which involves a MUCH easier way to kill him.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:The ceaseless discharge that you kill to unlock the Hell zone cannot be blocked but you can just stand in the little alley an poke his fist to death as he tries to reach you. Its boring but the best way to fight him.

You know there's a scripted element to that fight right? Which involves a MUCH easier way to kill him.

^ what he said. If you run from the place where the corpse with the set is located, to the very beginning of the area, where the fog door is, get really close to the fog door, Ceaseless will make a jump at you and will end up hanged with his arm on the cliff, then you just hit him a few times and he instantly dies. The jump makes you no damage unless you're very close to him and falls on top of you. And he doesn't attack you once he is hanging there.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:20 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

^ what he said. If you run from the place where the corpse with the set is located, to the very beginning of the area, where the fog door is, get really close to the fog door, Ceaseless will make a jump at you and will end up hanged with his arm on the cliff, then you just hit him a few times and he instantly dies. The jump makes you no damage unless you're very close to him and falls on top of you. And he doesn't attack you once he is hanging there.

Tried that in 4 games now and it never works. He just stands back and blasts me with flame.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

yeah he has never jumped for me neither i just do the poke his hand method
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 pm

aprilmanha wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

Tried that in 4 games now and it never works. He just stands back and blasts me with flame.

Are you using slower toons? I've found that if I don't get back to the fog gate fast enough he won't do it.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Only one of my characters is over the 50% weight, the other three were all under the 25%
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:43 pm

aprilmanha wrote:Only one of my characters is over the 50% weight, the other three were all under the 25%

Yeah, I'm not sure then. Have you tried watching a video of someone else doing it? Maybe to see if there's something you're doing wrong? Aside from that I don't really know what to tell ya. I guess if you appear to be doing everything right and he's still not doing it for you then good on you for figuring out another way to handle it.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:Only one of my characters is over the 50% weight, the other three were all under the 25%

Yeah, I'm not sure then. Have you tried watching a video of someone else doing it? Maybe to see if there's something you're doing wrong? Aside from that I don't really know what to tell ya. I guess if you appear to be doing everything right and he's still not doing it for you then good on you for figuring out another way to handle it.

Pretty sure I'm doing it right, on my heavy toon last night I was summoned by someone to help and we did it fine then.

In my game, did the exact same thing and it was all like FLAME ON!

Generally if there is a bug in a game, they seem to find me big grin
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I had him refuse to kill himself on one of my play thrus. He simply refused. This is like 1/20 for me though. Don't remember how I ended up killing him anymore.

Last edited by Everynevers on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid autocorrect failsauce)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:38 pm

ChizFreak wrote:If you run from the place where the corpse with the set is located, to the very beginning of the area, where the fog door is, get really close to the fog door, Ceaseless will make a jump at you and will end up hanged with his arm on the cliff, then you just hit him a few times and he instantly dies. The jump makes you no damage unless you're very close to him and falls on top of you. And he doesn't attack you once he is hanging there.

I used to do this perfectly before the patch. After the patch he always hits me when I try to do this. It one shots me almost every time. Then I have to fight him a second time. Luckly, I always get it a second time.

Anyone else think it's harder to do after the patch?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:26 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:If you run from the place where the corpse with the set is located, to the very beginning of the area, where the fog door is, get really close to the fog door, Ceaseless will make a jump at you and will end up hanged with his arm on the cliff, then you just hit him a few times and he instantly dies. The jump makes you no damage unless you're very close to him and falls on top of you. And he doesn't attack you once he is hanging there.

I used to do this perfectly before the patch. After the patch he always hits me when I try to do this. It one shots me almost every time. Then I have to fight him a second time. Luckly, I always get it a second time.

Anyone else think it's harder to do after the patch?

Yeah, I've actually been noticing the same thing. The 2 characters I've done since I picked it back up when the DLC came out, both got blasted with a big hit when I tried to run by him after picking up the armor. Didn't seem to be much I could do about. Thankfully I had enough Vit with both of them to shrug it off and keep running.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Never done the xzcripted elemetns, don't need to :O

One fact i figured out last night was that after you free logan, everytime you talk to the newbie sorcerer, he tells you that talking to him is not worth your time and that you should talk to logan instead. weird...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote:Never done the xzcripted elemetns, don't need to :O

One fact i figured out last night was that after you free logan, everytime you talk to the newbie sorcerer, he tells you that talking to him is not worth your time and that you should talk to logan instead. weird...

Once Logan is dead he'll start selling you spells again, and tell you something along the lines of "I haven't seen Logan in awhile. I might go search for him, but he's a real hero, and can take care of himself."
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Even when logan is there you can buy spells/gear from him. Just keep talking to him.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 pm

After the patch I noticed the same thing about running by good ole Ceaseless... after he one-shotted me I just wore fire resist gear from then on and been fine.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 am

This is kind of off-topic, but it didn't seem worth starting a whole new thread for. Does anyone know if the trident's buff works on enemies if you're an invading phantom?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:19 am

yes it does, it also works on enemies you've hit with undead rapport
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:24 am

Cool. I just decided to stop being a forest hunter for awhile and give DM Blading a try, but I keep invading people who run away and summon phantoms right away. So I've been using enemies to my advantage. It'd be nice to be able to buff those enemies, and level the playing field a bit more.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:01 am

aprilmanha wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

I had this problem but I finally realised that, if you don't do it right the first time (I think running too EARLY might cause him not to chase you and jump) you have to go all the way back to the end of the area near the alter again to reactivate the chase even though you've picked up the armour.

Try it next time. It works.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 am

I always wait for him to do one over head attack then I run.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am

That doing Power Within with a full bar of 1500 hp will kill you lol. Funnily enough, it seems to end right when I die.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 am

XachAttack wrote:That doing Power Within with a full bar of 1500 hp will kill you lol. Funnily enough, it seems to end right when I die.

I think that's because it takes away 1% of your hp every second and it lasts 100 seconds.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 am

The Letter X wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:That doing Power Within with a full bar of 1500 hp will kill you lol. Funnily enough, it seems to end right when I die.

I think that's because it takes away 1% of your hp every second and it lasts 100 seconds.

How cute..it's a death sentence. That should be fun.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:32 am

i discovered that if you chuck a throwing knife at anyone who is casting a miracle like TWoP or Heal (or any miracle where they take a knee), they will catch it with their face every time and they won't be able to cast the miracle. it's particularly amusing if they persist only to keep catching daggers in the face each time they try. because some people are slow learners.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:30 pm