Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
BIG TIME MASTER
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
Doelker
GTP_Zodicus
humble spirit
>Brave<
sonofartorias
AzureCrow
Razielthemanslayer
GrinTwist
WyrmHero
JoeBroski09
Derpwraith
18 posters

Ideas & Suggestions for a next 'Souls' game

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Ideas & Suggestions for a next 'Souls' game Empty Ideas & Suggestions for a next 'Souls' game

Post by Derpwraith Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 am

Day and Night System - Think of it as something reminiscent to Demon's Souls world tendency, enemies are less difficult in day time, and during night time different more intimidating enemies appear and you can loot more rare items. Time of day changes every 10 minutes.

Health and Stamina - Jogging (running but not sprinting) consumes stamina little by little, stamina recovery rate is slower depending on how low your health is.

Dual Wield Support - Pressing R2/RT & L2/LT simultaneously while holding two weapons in both hands triggers a special combo using both weapons, how the combo is performed depends on what weapons you are using.

In-game Chat - Players are allowed to type in messages, these messages will appear in the bottom right of the screen.

PSN/XBL Friends Support - Players can view their friends' online status. if they are playing the game, the characters' level they're using, the area they are currently in, and the time of day in their world can be viewed
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Ideas & Suggestions for a next 'Souls' game Empty Re: Ideas & Suggestions for a next 'Souls' game

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:23 am

.. how did you get so many neg reps?

Also: you an direct summon people on your friend's list instead of having to wait and single out their summon sign.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Ideas & Suggestions for a next 'Souls' game Empty Re: Ideas & Suggestions for a next 'Souls' game

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 am

Love the day/night feature, definitely would make things interesting both in PvE and PvP. Some day-night equipment too. I'll definitely add hyper armor to Str weapons again like in DeS. I also want some music everytime I invade/someone invades (like when you fight monsters in Skyrim, epic music). Would make backstabs lock on only, with a stealth mode that increases the backstab damage (similar to KoA and Skyrim stealth mode). It will obviously be useless in PvP so backstabs are not even a worry. I want a new school of magic, necromancy maybe idk. More types of weapons and a thorough balance of things.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 am

By the way, I wonder what would be the new form when your toon is dead. We already have Soul Form from DeS and Hollow Form from DkS. What do you guys think would be the new form for offline PvE?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:56 am

Always been a fan of the day/night feature but it might be difficult to pull off if there is another area like Anor Londo.

Also I always wanted it so when you went to a bonfire you could start up a chatroom with random players. I originally thought that that was going to be apart of Dark Souls, but oh well.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:57 am

1: More defense if you are using only one weapon,

2: I would make unarmed combat viable,

3: I would make each class specialize in a kind of weapons, and having better damage and cooler moveset with that type of weapons (wanderer great with katanas, knight great with swords, thief amazing with daggers).

4: A way to parry criticals , for either cpu's or players, like parrying just before the attack connects makes your character move around and parry the backstab to deal your own critical, then if the other guy manages to parry this counterattack, it would trigger a new battle mode where the players battle in an epic match, it's exactly like normal combat regarding the controls but the characters move fast and attack in a very cinematic way. the winner deals a critical with double the power and if it's a tie, both character clash their blades and return to normal battle mode. (if one of them uses a whip, the player with a more stable weapon slashes, the one with the whip dodges and kicks him out of the weapon, then the normal battle mode returns)

5: Full Casters, magicians with no need for catalysts and double the attunement slots and infinite magic use that require them to farm potions to refill MP, can create their own weapons and shields with magic. but cannot use normal weapons and shields, they also have to choose their kind of magic and can only stay in that type of magic.

6: Bandit, thief and Wanderer can do acrobatics, they don't roll, they somersault and land in their feets, they jump higher and farther, a lots more of invincibility frames that let's them dual wield better and no need for shield, but they need to be at 40 DEX and not have any off hand weapons.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:55 am

WyrmHero wrote:By the way, I wonder what would be the new form when your toon is dead. We already have Soul Form from DeS and Hollow Form from DkS. What do you guys think would be the new form for offline PvE?

I'd like to see something like a demon form, human form seems to be a standard of the series and they definitively watered down the system from demons to dark. What if the new core consumable ie the new Demons soul or humanity would cause you to become demonic looking maybe creating a dark phantom look or growing a dark hair like aura and horns. At the cost of receiving increased damage and reduced health, say 25% more and less respectively, but in return you would deal 30- 50 % more damage through all means. There could even be specific weapons armors and spells that did increased and reduced damage to and for each form. Like all miracles are stronger for humans, a more diverse pyro or elemental/necromancy would be significantly more powerful for demon form and then spells would split 50/50

I'd actually like seeing fewer weapon Ascensions in return for a more deeply inter wound system of both spelled out and alluded stats for everything from weapons to armor to spells. You could still choose from everything but it would all be mind numbingly situational. Praise the Sun
    sonofartorias
    sonofartorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sonofartorias Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 am

i'd like it to be open world with more side quest's and area's to find and explore
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:57 am

Idea: If there's a medium or heavy sheild on your back; backstabs will bounce off and send the enemy into "Stagger" animations. This'll make Ripostes a lot more common and 2Hing will be a defensive measure and a attacking method.

Medium Shields Decrease backstab damage by 60% and XX% elemental decrease based on what sheild is used.
    EX: Wooden shield will decrease damage by only 56% due to damage reduction (Rough calculation for example)
    EX: Black knight shield will decrease Fire damage by its normal 80.0% along side the 60% Damage reduction because it's a metal shield.

Heavy Shields decrease damage by 90% and XX% of elemental damage based on what shield is used.
    Best Example: Havel's shield will block 90% of damage and 80.0% of all elemental damage.
    EX: Eagle sheild (After PTD) will block 74% of backstab damage and XX% of elemental damage.

Light weapons (Light - Medium - Heavy) will not deal damage and the penalty is a "Stagger"

Medium weapons (Light - Medium - Heavy) will not deal damage but caused a "Back Stagger"

Heavy weapons (Light - Medium - Heavy) will deal 20% damage to medium sheilds and 10% to Heavy shields. It'll also cause a Back stagger.
    EX: Medium shield 60% will drop to only 40% (Physical) decreased damage because of the heavy weapon damage increase.
    EX: Havel's shield will drop to 80% (Physical) decreased damage instead of 90%

A Stagger is when you use a light weapon against a meduim or heavy shield to backstab. You'll just bounce off like you normally would if you attacked a blocked enemy.

A Back stagger is when you use a medium or heavy weapon to backstab. It'll stagger the enemy forward leaving them open for about 2 seconds.

This can be heavily improved on by others and myself so feel free. Came up with this idea really late at night so im pretty sure I missed a couple of things but this mostly protains to Physical weapons; not magic. The magic and divine attributes are considered Elementals to shields so make sure to include that in calculations if you decide to do some. I based the damage reductions and increases on what is used. Obviously, if Havel's shield is protecting your back then of course it's going to block most damage; this even applies to all great shields when it comes to physical. This just adds a completely new feel to pvp when it comes to stratigizing your weapons and now your defense. If someone is using a Lightning Defensive shield IE anything wooden, switch to fire or magic. It makes you aware of what people are using to protect themselves and take nessesary actions to overwhelm that weakness you found in their defense. But that MAIN REASON I came up with this is... Gankers, Fishers, and Griefers. Actually.. I hope FromSoft sees this and uses it in the next game or this one as a PVP DLC..

Thanks for taking the time out and reading!
    Also, Vageta, You should do commentary about this idea in one of your videos since you say you didn't have anything to talk about. You to EpicNameBro.

humble spirit

Post by humble spirit Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:53 am

-improve coop the same way as invasion your level and higher
    -elemental wepaon(lightning and fire) have fixed elemental damge but cap the physical with your level
    -think of away to make a party system e.g. like possie in red dead
    -add an online realm for coop with no restriction
    -make rolling speed depend on new parameter agility
    faith do physical + aux not magical and bring back tendency so it will be dependant upon it
    -add an item that allow voice chat with a player you choose
    -wrath of god return as in demon soul
    -bring back mana
    -item allow you to take revenge if you were dedicated to whom punisg sinner
    humble spirit

Post by humble spirit Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:01 am

And yes i almost forgot
    Covenant alter online experience e.g.one faction is the enemy of other faction son any player there will be invaded and if killed take item related to the faction from the defeated player
    also make the world alter depend on a certain faction dominancy
    GTP_Zodicus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by GTP_Zodicus Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:20 am

Id like to see them make resistance i viable stat. If you put 20 points in STR you can hit pretty hard, but 20 points in res gives you what, a little more def and oooo better poision resist. I like the shield protecting back stabs when you two hand you're weapon, it makes sense. I hope mostly though they leave it be and work on making it even more ballanced in pvp and expand the item roster, more armor sets more weapons make all the weapons effective aka wips and fist weapons.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 pm

I want easy and super easy mode.
    I want every single weapon, spell and miracle nerfed.
    I want that if I kill an NPC it respawns every time I rest at a bonfire.
    I want Quick Time Events in all boss fights.
    I want a crystal that can vanish the invader and give a humanity
    I want an unbreakable ring of sacrifice.
    I want a glitch that allows me transfer all my stuff including soul levels to new toons.

... Joking!!!

Now, honestly, I would like something like World Tendency back, like fir example, as a sunbro if you die and don't accomplish your task to help the host to beat the area, then your world tendency moves towards black. If the dies from falling or poison then there is no change.

Obviously i would love to see new spells, miracles and weapons. I want it to keep the fantasy medieval aspect but with a much darker setting and scarier.

I don't want a sl cap upwards for coop, so it doesn't die in further gameplays because people capping their SL just to PvP. So I as a level 80 can help a level 120 or 140 but can't help a lvl 20.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 pm

I honestly don't want much to change at all, I hope the basic formula stays the same. What I am hoping for:

-Better enemy AI
    -Improved Boss fights(Their AI/Difficulty)
    -More Weapons/Armor
    -More useful yet balanced rings/items
    -More weapon moveset variety
    -Not have my character look like a zombie
    -Covenants have more depth/appeal
    -After finishing the game, make an arena available where you can create characters with any spells/weapons/armor you have found for PvP

Not really an idea for the next game, but I would love to see another game by Fromsoft with the same basic game mechanics. Except have it be a more realistic medieval setting, no magic/dragons/ext. All human enemies, with fighting skills similar to the NPCS in the Souls games.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:54 pm

OOH! How about this? New game mode unlocked after beating the game once where you re-do boss fights for pure entertainment? Of course this mode is only available for the character you used to finish the game.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:56 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Love the day/night feature, definitely would make things interesting both in PvE and PvP. Some day-night equipment too. I'll definitely add hyper armor to Str weapons again like in DeS. I also want some music everytime I invade/someone invades (like when you fight monsters in Skyrim, epic music). Would make backstabs lock on only, with a stealth mode that increases the backstab damage (similar to KoA and Skyrim stealth mode). It will obviously be useless in PvP so backstabs are not even a worry. I want a new school of magic, necromancy maybe idk. More types of weapons and a thorough balance of things.
    I personally think there should be background music for most if not all of the areas in the game, agree?
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Doelker wrote:I want easy and super easy mode.
    I want a glitch that allows me transfer all my stuff including soul levels to new toons.

... Joking!!!

Now, honestly, I would like something like World Tendency back, like fir example, as a sunbro if you die and don't accomplish your task to help the host to beat the area, then your world tendency moves towards black. If the dies from falling or poison then there is no change.

Obviously i would love to see new spells, miracles and weapons. I want it to keep the fantasy medieval aspect but with a much darker setting and scarier.

I don't want a sl cap upwards for coop, so it doesn't die in further gameplays because people capping their SL just to PvP. So I as a level 80 can help a level 120 or 140 but can't help a lvl 20.

Nooooo!! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NOOOOOOO!!!! o.o Tendency if the only thing holding me back from playing demon souls xD
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Hyper armor, servers, half hp while dead, str requirements for medium and heavy armor, faith to get back its health regen and to lose it offensive spells, including weapon buffs.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I honestly don't want much to change at all, I hope the basic formula stays the same.

Not really an idea for the next game, but I would love to see another game by Fromsoft with the same basic game mechanics. Except have it be a more realistic medieval setting, no magic/dragons/ext. All human enemies, with fighting skills similar to the NPCS in the Souls games.

You took the words from my mouth. Have you played Mount and Blade? Its dated, but you might dig it. PC only.

I love Dark Souls more than every other game Ive played combined. In fact, I'd say that I'm anything but a serious gamer, but I am certainly a serious DKSer (though taking a break till DLC). Having said that, my dream game would be DKS with the high fantasy removed, and a more realistic approach to combat. Ive never understood why RPGs always have to have magic, like it is a quintisential part to adventure. I dont want to fight a towering dragon monster with a sword and shield because truly its just to absurd for me to really appreciate. An intense fight against a heavily armored knight? That I can appreciate more, and obviously to keep the difficulty all that needs to be done is a realistic damage system. His heavy armor will repel weak slashes but a strong thrust might break through. The difficulty would be in landing that one killing blow while avoiding his.
    To me the most enjoyable fighting in DKS is the sword vs sword type fights. I like the rhythm of block and attack. In my ideal game there enemies would have a much more random attack output and temperment, this would keep things challenging and fresh indefinetly.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Adding on to last post, I would like an ancient greek themed setting. Mideival is to overdone to me.

Id also like to add that I think the lack of a story is really brilliant, though certainly not for everyone. Ofcourse DKS has a deep story, its just hidden and largely left to interpretation. What I would really enjoy is a story limited to a simple paragraph given in the beginning of the game, and then left alone. Just give my character a viable excuse to be on a grand adventure and then let the adventure BE the story.

I believe that the perfect adventure/action/rpg has two key elements that give me a drive to continue playing. An interesting setting and fun gameplay. An interesting setting doesnt need to be grandiose, it can be simple and sparse so long as its something unfamiliar and keeps you wanting to find whats around the corner. Fun gameplay comes from problem solving, engaging and fair challenges, and a good sense of control. Ive never enjoyed collecting items for the sake of game completion, alchemy, smithing, or anything like that. It boils down to menu time. The only time I want a menu is when Im adjusting audio/visual settings or control mapping. Menus take away immerserveness and so called game achievements give no real satisfaction. Its like eating junk food, and for adult gamers the junk just doesnt cut it anymore.

VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:45 pm

1. I'd like to see a fully developed magic system requiring strategy and different spell combination styles to differentiate one character from another. A system combining passive effects and direct alterations would be more interesting than the current one. And there should be a penalty of some sort to wearing certain armor or using certain items - maybe needing to wear certain clothing, items or material to focus the power for certain effects or needing to have one or both hands to free to focus psychic forces (i.e. punishing jack of all trades characters making benefits to specialization). A battle between sorcerers should be more interesting than watching soul arrows or fireballs being flung about. Also, magic should be activated just as quickly as weapon attacks, making pure sorcery possible. I'm thinking of a system somewhat similar to Channeling in the Wheel of Time, where two magic users are countering each others forces of death and are trying to land that one decisive blow, and while each has multiple ways to kill each other, there are counters for each type (Wheel of Time the PC game had a pretty good magic system where certain powers allowed for trickery to be used instead of outright battle).

2. I like the combat system thus far. It's a good start. But the backstab and riposte system needs more work and they should incorporate movement and more realistic styles into how movement affects attacks. For example, you should be able to incorporate a kick while using a rapier, but to accommodate a limited control scheme on the consoles, they over-simplified many potential moves. Let the character use their full moveset, provided they have the strength, dexterity and endurance, but certain weapons should have priority over other weapons when using certain techniques. Poking with an axe that has a spike at the top should be an effective attack whereas doing the same with an axe that doesn't would just cause a little blunt damage. I'd also like to see attacks, counterattacks and pressing the advantage incorporated more than the current system. War of the Roses and Bushido Blade were steps in the right direction. Basically, every combat should be epic, and seeing someone battered, bruised and with one arm hanging limp at their side headed into a boss area and emerge sweaty, with blood coursing down their clothes would be so awesome.

3. Health incorporated into movement and body capability. If you score a lethal blow in someones heart, they should bleed out very quickly. Slashing an eye should prevent them from aiming arrows. Slashing a leg should make dodging and running harder and take more effort. Breaking bones, should seriously incapacitate someone.

4. No useless stats or stat effects. Resistance should be more useful, poison in pvp should be more debilitating and Strength should have more to do with damage and whether you need to expend more energy to attack than it currently does.

5. In Game Chat support.

6. Enemies that are so difficult that they require you to avoid or be extremely selective about how you tackle most areas. "Clearing" them without carrying multiple weapons and items should be nigh impossible.

7. Multiple ways to traverse the environment - i.e. multiple challenges requiring different stats. Light, agile characters cold conceivably climb trees or find handholds in the walls more easily than a person wearing plate armor. Heavy characters wearing full armor should be able to survive blows that break or incapacitate unarmed characters, but falling from heights should cause them to break bones or get damaged more easily. Good stealth players could find new paths allowing them to bypass certain parts of the areas without detection - creeping behind barrels and crawling along the ground should enable them to access areas that other characters can't get to without engaging in pitched battle.

Last edited by VinheimProfessor on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:48 pm

I personally think there should be background music for most if not all of the areas in the game, agree?
    [/font]

No - I think it adds more to the game to play with only ambient environmental sounds in the background.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 am

Razielthemanslayer wrote:
    Doelker wrote:I want easy and super easy mode.

... Joking!!!

Nooooo!! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NOOOOOOO!!!! o.o Tendency if the only thing holding me back from playing demon souls xD

I find Quick Time Events in boss battles super fun and exiting. If I'm fighting a dragon I want to jump on it and kill it while on the air. If I'm fighting a giant I want to climb on it only to miss the button sequence and be thrown off to the floor. A lo Souls series, this is only achievable by QTE.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:03 am

InfiniteDoomsday wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Love the day/night feature, definitely would make things interesting both in PvE and PvP. Some day-night equipment too. I'll definitely add hyper armor to Str weapons again like in DeS. I also want some music everytime I invade/someone invades (like when you fight monsters in Skyrim, epic music). Would make backstabs lock on only, with a stealth mode that increases the backstab damage (similar to KoA and Skyrim stealth mode). It will obviously be useless in PvP so backstabs are not even a worry. I want a new school of magic, necromancy maybe idk. More types of weapons and a thorough balance of things.

No some areas should be quiet so you get that loneliness feeling.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:10 am

Best to stick with limited music. You can always add your own.

One thing important I think is a need to simplify, not overcomplicate. Having to figure out which gear to use isnt enjoyable and adds nothing to gameplay fun. the beauty of dks is that you can do an entire playthrough without changing gear.
    Add more gear with various effects sure, but dont do anything to pull me from my characters plight and have to start doing mental math.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 pm