Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Gear/Weapons/armor suggestions for New Game + ?

butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gear/Weapons/armor suggestions for New Game + ? Empty Gear/Weapons/armor suggestions for New Game + ?

Post by butternut86 Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:41 am

I made it to new game plus recently. And so far I've beaten the gargoyles, stray demon, the demon the bridge and moonlight butterfly. So far my weapons/armor are working well, but I have a feeling it won't be as effective later in the game.

I'm using great shield of artorias

Havels armor set

and Lightning uchigatana + 4

I got another titanite slab from stray demon, but I'm not sure if I want to ascend the uchigatana. I figure there's a much better weapon to use, especially in new game plus.

Right now my strength is only 36 and dexterity 18, but I'll try and level up whatever I need.

So what weapons and armor would you recommend for new game plus? Whats you favorite weapon? Or one that you find most effective?

Any help would be appreciated.

happy

BTW.. I apologize in advance if questions similar to mine have been asked before. I tried searching, but didn't find what I was looking for.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Gear/Weapons/armor suggestions for New Game + ? Empty Re: Gear/Weapons/armor suggestions for New Game + ?

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 am

You sound ok until maybe four kings, I'm not sure how you'll fair on him but having a +14 buffable weapon on hand may not be a bad idea. Depends on your style for which weapon, but to compare I have done it with a +15 longsword using crystal magic weapon, though I had over 50 STR and DEX and it scales at C/C. If you have extreme trouble you can always ask for additional tips or even for help.

My experience with O and S wasn't bad at all on NG+ they dropped rather quickly to my more powerful weapons than when I last fought them.

Best of luck and enjoy your playthrough~
    stale
    stale

Gear/Weapons/armor suggestions for New Game + ? Empty Re: Gear/Weapons/armor suggestions for New Game + ?

Post by stale Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:40 am

I like Black Knight Greataxe for foes I want to keep away (has long reach, pushes them back) and a lightning +5 great sword (most people prefer Zweihander but they're pretty similar). Also a Fire Great Axe +10 is good. But the thing is, the bigger the weapon the slower it is, so you may find yourself frustrated by how slow it swings and the input delay and end up dying more.

It just becomes more about skill, about dodging more. Try to work up your endurance so you can move around in heavy armor fast if needs be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm