Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
reim0027
Veradox
ErrJon6661
carlucio
Fotitudo
ChizFreak
Zhangbob
Phoenix Rising
Kiva the wanderer
joemann
WyrmHero
Taganov
Serious_Much
Pesth
RedderAI
IV_Mark_VI
Kiljax
SublimeSinner
Forum Pirate
SnailsAndSlugs
RCPD_STARS
25 posters

PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )  - Page 3 Empty Re: PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 pm

You can always turtle or spam dodge until the buff runs out. Usually the buffer will be super aggressive because the buff runs out, so I always try to lure them into mistakes and pivot backstab them.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:27 pm

I defnitely wouldn't be convinced. The other way, is to start the duel far enough away that you can buff safely. I'd be fine with that.

A spell is a spell to me; they're all used to win fights.

The real problem, is you have entire builds revolving around buffs. Yeah, they're super powerful when they go off; but they should have a down side.

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:32 pm

I have been bsed, stunlocked and OHKO by HR while buffing after a bow and it's super annoying. It's just a sign of dishonor to me, so the whole duel will turn into a mess.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:42 pm

... I might be one of those people. Because I don't think anyone should get free anything. I normally run quality builds, so I have no spells, no buffs. So... I just sit there while my opponent powers up? Sounds silly to me.

Maybe the problem is the area you're duelling, or that you're too close together. Bow from far away then buff.

Usually, I just dodge and hope not to get killed by their superbuff if I allow it for the first minute... honestly, bow and then game on. If they need spells/buffs, then bow far enough away that they can get it off without getting tagged.

To me, a spell is a spell, if it's a buff, CSS, or anything else.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 pm

It's usually at the Burg, so we're pretty close. I now added the buff if they buff rule to my code, but seriously it's annoying. That's why this thread exists, because the OP was bothered by senseless "dueling".
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Yeah. Did the burg a few times, and didn't like it at all. Felt really fake and artificial.

Things like pyromancy being so great because it's a confined space. Pyromancy 'should' be the poor man's magic, as it requires no stat investment. Should not be on par with the other magics.

Be warned! After a bow with me, it's game on.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:08 am

To start off I dont appreciate my opinion being condescended upon. But excusing that I feel that you've missed my point.

I don't mind people dueling. Thats fine. But you cant say that this area is for dueling only and then get mad at someone who doesn't bow, or who attacks you while you bow or whatever.

And yeah, there's a bow gesture for a reason. Its so when my nude characters beat that twop wog bs fishing ganker I can turn around and moon them.
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:28 am

Geez, 4 pages. I have created a monster.

In no way do i find dueling senseless. I always attempt to buff and bow. I assumed no sane person would let me cast pursuers, I had always saved them of esthus punishing.

I guess I just went off on a rant, as many of us do, due to some particularly bad encounters in succession.

When my opponent casts, cmw, power within, queues up pursuers, and then eats grass and then shoots dark bead six times I tend to get aggravated. It feels like I am standing in front of a giant rude goldberg contraption, watching all of the fantastical inter-workings of a magnificent machine, distracted by all of the spinning gears and dials, too stupid to realize I am basically standing in front of a gun with a 10 second trigger... I felt like Peter Griffin when he gets shot by his breakfast machine.

Having someone, I think it was snails, state that queuing up pursuers was common practice in pvp instantly made me less pissed. I just assumed it would have been a behavior that was frowned upon. I no longer get as frustrated when I see behavior such as that, but dammit I am determined to roll through them and get in their face, daring them to pause to cast anything again.

Sooo many people on PC see me cast GMW and run up to attack it is frustrating. On my Darkmoon, I can cast SLB maybe half the time.

When you stand somewhere and use the dried finger over and over, you are obviously looking for pvp. Folks who do this and then ruthlessly rush your phantom, as if you are horribly inconveniencing them and its life or death Irk me the most. Obviously, you want a fight, why not have a fun one?

It really comes down to location....

I classify my hangouts as:

1 Oolacile township = mixed bag of honor and scum (respond to opponents behavior)

2 Forest = Good ole warzone, Naive to not expect 1v2 regardless of who you are (FFA)

3 Dark AL = Good ole warzone, Host has gold phantom. If not 2 DMs dont hesitate to team up (FFA)

4 Kiln= EX-honor ground, mixed ganking and honor duels (duel, punish gankers, or use prostration)

5 100/120 Burg = Skilled, honorable players looking to duel (duel, duel, duel again)

I should really note though, that I just dont get the traffic in the burg on pc that I did on ps3. If I dont want to wait 15 minutes between fights, I am forced to pick between Kiln, Forest, or Oolacile.

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:35 am

Conclusion, in my opinion I don't think preparing spells is fine at all because they can accidentally turn on and hit you while you are preparing your weapon/body buff and grass. I have dueled guys that hit me accidentally with HCSM at the start of the duel and they just let me heal and restart whole match. You could do the same.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 am

The only difference between an invasion and a duel is that I won't hide behind mobs or heal in a duel.(excluding preset rules like fc duels)

The bow gesture on my part is simply me acknowledging the effort my opponent put in to try beat me. Win or lose, I respect the efforts and skills of my opponent. It may not have been a successful effort, but its usually a valiant one, and most likely the best they had.

I generally only bow after the fight, specifically to deny opponents the opportunity to take advantage of my polteness. (unless I'm familiar with the player)

If you value being polite, then continue to bow, but you are knowingly and deliberately leaving yourself vulnerable without special circumstances (ie answering a call from work so being afk), the other player cannot be fualted for taking advantage of that vulnerability. Its not being mean, its being efficent. If you can't be bothered to guard properly then you have it coming, same as any other attack.

I'm not saying you shouldn't bow, but leaving yourself open and complaining when the opening is exploited is rather contradictory in any situation, bowing included.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:42 pm

People take advantage of bowing in DkS more than in DeS (i.e. attacking during a bow). I bow from a distance, unless I know the fighter. When I'm invading, that's another story. I usually don't bow unless they do it first (and then from a distance).
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Who needs bow when you have praise the sun?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm

I headshot people with the bow if they attempt to buff - I am not going to allow people to give themselves 411 extra AR on their weapon. It may seem poor etiquette - but it also is poor etiquette on their behalf running a buffed weapon... I know they sacrifice HP for it or perhaps endurance however as a cleric you start with 14 fth you could be SL18 and already have a buff. Raise your Str to 27 : well look here - http://tinyurl.com/9tzcmnk that is an example of what little people have to invest for a buff.

Make this SL120: http://tinyurl.com/9rguxvk

Now you see the issues with letting them buff.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:23 pm

That's almost the same as saying I'm going to chain bs an elemental build only because it has +2200 HP and it's not fair for my pure Dex.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:29 pm

not particularly - the buff builds essentially do double the damage you do... the elementals do about 75% damage of what you do. The Buff builds can still have 1800 hp and ridiculous damage along with spells. When something hits you for over 650 damage per hit and hits the speed of a falchion the fight is generally not fun. They will then after beating you in 2-3 hits think 'Oh, I am a bigshot'. 'No cretin - thou art not a bigshot. You have just optimized your build to hit me as hard as possible. Why dost thou not equip that ridiculous hornet ring also?

I may aswell headshot them - it will teach them not to buff. I don't find dodging for 1 minute fun, a decent player will definitely hit you once and you find yourself at a major disadvantage. A RTSr DMB+3 Estoc dashing attack will deal 1475 damage... about 1300-ish on full giants. it is somewhat ridiculous in my opinion

Though each to their own in their playstyles, I suppose I shouldn't be complaining: I don't even complain about gankers xD
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:32 pm

What about this build I'm currently planning, it relies on a buff.

http://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=3708109352528895

Another example could be healing because the guy bsed me with HR.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 pm

that is fine... you literally have almost base stats for the weapon that you will be using - you may be tripling your damage but you will only be doing 50% more damage than pure dex builds. the longsword will hit a similar amount to a zwei with 27/40.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:39 pm

But if I'm a random guy you'll never know that! Either way I only buff if they buff and could use an occult in the meantime but most guys don't have head or even do that. + I'm at a disadvantage vs a pure Dex because of split AR.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:45 pm

you have the same amount of AR in Magic damage as a pure dex build would have in phys Shrug
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm

No-huh.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 pm

478 AR from DMB - oh on your occult weapon you are at a disadvantage of course - yet one hit from your DMB weapon will put them down to a low amount of life. On a note a WoG with that build will hit for about 600-700 I believe w/o RTSr
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah I was talking about the occult lol.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Resins= Cool
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm

though a viable tactic when using occult would be to BS the enemy then Wake-up WoG em' before 1h longsword r2-ing... Probably would be a 3HKO.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:57 pm

example of the OP'ness of buffs (by yours truly) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI_V9fjOBPM&lc=4IccoXdXCXebkIAvq3rJTmMD7pBAz0OoGZCTptEwC_E&feature=inbox

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:14 pm