Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
reim0027
Veradox
ErrJon6661
carlucio
Fotitudo
ChizFreak
Zhangbob
Phoenix Rising
Kiva the wanderer
joemann
WyrmHero
Taganov
Serious_Much
Pesth
RedderAI
IV_Mark_VI
Kiljax
SublimeSinner
Forum Pirate
SnailsAndSlugs
RCPD_STARS
25 posters

PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )  - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PVP etiquette ( Casters )

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:14 pm

+1 for great justice. Its his opinion, he's entitled to it. Especially as his logic is sound.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 pm

Next time I make a nonsense post you should rep me up Forum, it will be my opinion anyways. silly
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:46 am

Forum Pirate wrote:the issue with eustus is that its faster than humanity, giving the host an advantage. In des healing was both common and fair game, for the reasons you already specified.

In DeS PvP was different. Weapons took way more health, were faster, and there was no such thing as poise. On top of that sum Second Chance. It's a different kind of pace of combat. Faster. Healing in DeS was boring because of the dupe glitch, everyone used 99 Dark Moon Grass (which equals a Divine Blessing) and most properly called duels I had didn't involve healing at all. Healing was way too fast and too easy to do (healed full health and because of dupe glitch you could have 99).

Estus is not a disadvantage because invaders have Talismans of Lloyd that combined with minimum lag and good accuracy are impossible to dodge. The actual problem is the fact that when both people bow you don't expect the other to heal, so you're not throwing around Talismans like mad man. Also invaders don't lose nothing upon defeat, and they can always run up to the mobs.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 am

You don't even have to glitch, New Moon Grass can be bought from Patches unlimited. It heals 100%.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:50 am

WyrmHero wrote:You don't even have to glitch, New Moon Grass can be bought from Patches unlimited. It heals 100%.

No te compraste al final la version de PC? Que lastima. Capaz podemos jugar algunos matches de PvP cuando el salga el DLC en PS3 silly
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:56 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:You don't even have to glitch, New Moon Grass can be bought from Patches unlimited. It heals 100%.

No te compraste al final la version de PC? Que lastima. Capaz podemos jugar algunos matches de PvP cuando el salga el DLC en PS3 silly

Mjum, I'm eagerly waiting for DLC.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:13 am

For the 50,0000th time, if they back off tag them with a throwing knife, it stuns them out of the heal. My opponents rarely got to heal specifically for that reason, and because I wasn't dumb enough to give them the space very often. Proper spacing will make any attempt easily punishable without leaving one vulnerable.

In dks, a dude in havels or giants can put his back to a wall and chug through your attacks. A kick will break it if you're right on top of them (where you risk being bsd or parried rather easily), but otherwise they're going to get off at least one. Even if you attack (with a kat because they're common) they can still heal 1400-2100 hp before you stun them, even factoring the damage you do its a huge net gain.

lobbing talismines close enough to them to stand a good chance of hitting (even while unlocked) opens one up to attack. Not an especially good idea considering that they have eustes to heal, faster than you and can likely tank you're blows to do so for a net gain. Even if it hits you still eat an attack, which gives them an immediate advantage.

Its a lot of subtle things (and poise,) but there are reasons healing is widely seen as fine in des and reasons its widely considered cheap in dks.
    Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 am

I only bow if i fight against a friend, or a "good" guy.
    I have the "hello" mask, and that´s it. If they buff, ill cast pursuers. thats fair game.

But if they bow first, ill bow.
    If they grass, ill grass.
    If they start attacking, ill fight back.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:08 am

I use bowing as a agreement, if i bow and he does the same, so i know that we both want a fair play game, if i bow and he attacks me while i'm bowing or buffing, so i turn on assassins mode, i run to ther monsters, i heal, i spam miracles and i turtle.

Last edited by carlucio on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:13 am

Point Forward Proper Bow Hurrah Praise the Sun Well What is it Point Up

find the hidden sentence.
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:17 am

carlucio wrote:I use bowing as a agreement, if i bow and he does the same, so i know that we both want a fair play game, if i bow and he attacks me while i'm bowing or buffing, so i turn on assassins mode, i run to ther monsters, i heal, i spam miracles and i turtle.

This is wildly accurate for me as well except for turtling. By bowing, even when someone is obviously trying to pve, I can get a fun, fair duel during an invasion
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:42 pm

carlucio wrote:I use bowing as a agreement, if i bow and he does the same, so i know that we both want a fair play game, if i bow and he attacks me while i'm bowing or buffing, so i turn on assassins mode, i run to ther monsters, i heal, i spam miracles and i turtle.

Exactly, this guy knows how to do it. But spamming miracles and turtling is fair by me in a duel, because I'm experienced enough to counter them.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't duel people if they use magic, elemental weapons, armor, dwgr, consumable items, swords, maces, bows, crossbows, hammers, pole weapons, spears, shields, pyromancy, miracles, daggers or pretty much any thing that gives them an unfair advantage.

But no really. I can't stand the whole dark souls you must duel mentality. Some people like to duel, others don't. Both are fun in their own ways. Some people think certain tactics are cheap, others think a whole different set of tactics are cheap. But seriously, not everyone is going to play the game the way YOU want them to and there are really no rules to playing this game. If anyone uses any mechanic in the game (short of lets say... hacking the game) to beat me thats fair. Sure, the guy who spams 20 wog's then bs's me with a chaos rapier might piss me off, but thats fair. And the next time I invade him I might spam gc to teach him a lesson. And thats fair too. I've given this similar speach in countless threads. All I can hope is that the arena provides everyone with a place for their "fair" duels so that people will stop complaining about spell casting while they bow, healing hosts and bs fests.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:58 pm

I still will rage about people attacking you while you bow. You show them respect, and they just spit to your face. That is terribly wrong with me. Hate douchebags.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:28 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:I don't duel people if they use magic, elemental weapons, armor, dwgr, consumable items, swords, maces, bows, crossbows, hammers, pole weapons, spears, shields, pyromancy, miracles, daggers or pretty much any thing that gives them an unfair advantage.

But no really. I can't stand the whole dark souls you must duel mentality. Some people like to duel, others don't. Both are fun in their own ways. Some people think certain tactics are cheap, others think a whole different set of tactics are cheap. But seriously, not everyone is going to play the game the way YOU want them to and there are really no rules to playing this game. If anyone uses any mechanic in the game (short of lets say... hacking the game) to beat me thats fair. Sure, the guy who spams 20 wog's then bs's me with a chaos rapier might piss me off, but thats fair. And the next time I invade him I might spam gc to teach him a lesson. And thats fair too. I've given this similar speach in countless threads. All I can hope is that the arena provides everyone with a place for their "fair" duels so that people will stop complaining about spell casting while they bow, healing hosts and bs fests.

LOL you and Forum with the super everyone who plays the game is ok point of view makes me laugh. The game has no rules but HELLO you are playing vs people not animals. If the game has a bow gesture you as a intelligent person must know that your opponent is seeking a duel. If you gonna duel, will you treat the whole thing like an invasion? Will you chain bs me, bs me while I buff after the bow, and heal with estus/humanity? Certainly there are things that one will consider cheap due to inexperience (your 20 WoG example is clear example). If you are letting people play the game the way they want you are promoting an unstable PvP community where everyone just do as they please and I don't even think duels will even exist. There are many ways to play the game but each has it's own set of rules. Examples are:

Invading: No rules, you can do anything you want except glitching/hacking. The objective is to kill the opponent by any means possible. If they bow duel. Use your own honor code at your own risk.
    Duels: Basic dueling etiquette that depends on the experience of each dueler. No chain backstab, healing with estus/humanity. After a bow, let your opponent prepare and fight.

So while we are at it (the forum) why not promote this?
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:50 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:I don't duel people if they use magic, elemental weapons, armor, dwgr, consumable items, swords, maces, bows, crossbows, hammers, pole weapons, spears, shields, pyromancy, miracles, daggers or pretty much any thing that gives them an unfair advantage.

People who believe the game takes skill are constantly seeking duels to enjoy the game, what's so enjoyable about a TWoPing WOTG spaming cretin who runs into mobs wins with a 1 shot hornet ring and spams well what is it taunts that genuily believes they possess skill when they are doing what any player with similar tactics can pull of with a similar build, I have a Saying gankers don't do the work there builds do.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Don't be confused by that, those people will always exist and they rarely interfere dueling. Some may find fun killing gankers (I do) or killing the running bastard. What are we talking about is dueling etiquette.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 pm

The way I see it is this, Duel in designated dueling areas or if you set up the duel beforehand anywherre else is invasion rules, I enjoy all out fights with no real rules but when its a backstab fishery I tend to cry.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Yeah bs fishing sucks but when you learn how to counter bs it's pretty funny amd you feel good bsing them. Dueling in designated areas is not always an option as most of the random guys don't know these even exists. For example there's a good dueling spot in Painted World after the bonfire. I use that as dueling spot when I gravelord and sometimes the guy who invades bows first ( I always wait). That's a signal of dueling so I just apply dueling etiquette real simple. Same viceversa as I invade.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:56 pm

I usually just stand there and look badass with my wandering dark wraith outfit PRAISE BE TO THE DARK SET!!!
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm just hosting PVP by standing in the forest in human form. I always bow. And when people hit me during that - I get enraged and just slice them to death. Healing included. It works unless they 1hit KO me. sad
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 pm

The forest is a complete mess it's very risky to duel there because it's a war zone. You might even be ganked by 2 FHs.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Been there. Tried that. Hard. But not impossible happy Successfully killed them in 2vs1 two times happy Such a nice feeling happy
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:40 pm

WyrmHero wrote:The forest is a complete mess it's very risky to duel there because it's a war zone. You might even be ganked by 2 FHs.

In my experience, it's always the opposite. Someone and their golden bro waiting by the gate to farm forest hunters. More I play, the more I think it's fine. If I'm getting ganked, I run and wait for another hunter. It is fun to win a 2 v 1, though it's really difficult because the host can heal and sunbros are usually huge tank builds.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 pm

I personally think it should be bow then anything goes. If you don't rely on buffs, magic, grass, etc, etc then shouldn't you have a bonus?

Juts stand there and watch the guy buff up? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm