Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
mugenis4real
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
reim0027
cloudyeki
ErrJon6661
WyrmHero
CandleMax
AzureCrow
ChizFreak
Wade_Wilson
RANT
fujiphoenix
n0rain
Joichiro
19 posters

Why From...Why?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Why From...Why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why From...Why?

Post by ChizFreak Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm

WyrmHero wrote:It does not, no greatsword can break 53 poise with 1 hit.

I never said it did. I said it does more poise damage just that. It means that in some situations where you would need 1 more hit to stagger the guy the GLGS does not. Doesn't mean it does 53 poise damage, it just means that does more poise damage per hit.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 pm

GLGS was an awesome weapon as far as the R1 and stunlocking were concerned. Past tense. Now From has taken whatever glory the weapon could have earned in the PTDE and dumped all over it 😢
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 am

I think the glgs should have an r2 like the mlgs, but shoot something fiery instead. That would make it a cooler weapon.
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 pm

And the swing should have the same fire animation like the furysword...
    First I thought I would gain a cool fire weapon... but then...
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:11 pm

I think it's r2s should propel you around as if it was a jet engine, burning anything in your way and behind you. A guy can dream.
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:37 pm

a very fast horizontal slash or maybe a dash just like gwyn does...

i mean, they could make a much better moveset for that sword...
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:18 am

It's a weapon for relying on stunlock, which sucks sad If you've got to rely on stunlock to win a fight then you don't really win. If you really like this weapon, then use it anyway. You can do 60 damage and win fights without bs fishing, you've just gotta use your abilities correctly =\ I use GS's all the time in PTD and I win a majority of my fights. Don't complain, get used to the new version. No weapon is bad if you use it right, except for strait sword hilt and even that can **** face with the right setup Kappa
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that by removing stunlock potential, From have taken away the one thing GS's had that made them awesome?

As for the GLGS, I've used it here and there, but not extensively. I've found that if you have a high dex character with a bit of strength it made a very effective surprise weapon of the opponent wasn't responding to being chipped well.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 pm

My issue with those weapons stunlocking is their damage, reach, and speed. If GLGS swung as slow a large club, but could still stunlock, I'd be fine. But they are just too fast of weapons, considering what they are. The Falchion and lighter weapons I can be accepting of because of their damage output before taking into consideration buffs. But think of it this way, Greatswords currently have good reach, good damage, good speed, and can stunlock. When you look at other weapons they have positives and negatives. Greatswords just don't have that many flaws so they are giving them more. As well the GLGS does decent damage. When considering the R2 as easy to parry or BS, the same can be said for most strength weapons. MLGS, MSGS, any sort of UGS, UGH, or UGA. Yes you can counter BS with lock on, in which case you can typically bs cancel meaning you take no damage. But bottom line is those attacks seem to be designed for PvE, or hitting unsuspecting people. Waiting around a corner or out of sight and slamming into them with a big hit out of nowhere. While the stunlock may have been removed, the weapon still hits for a decent amount and as long as you have your timing down it can be effective. Hell one handed you can still dead angle and I assume with the low amounts of poise I've seen people using in streams you'll be able to stunlock instead with the one handed attacks.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that by removing stunlock potential, From have taken away the one thing GS's had that made them awesome?

As for the GLGS, I've used it here and there, but not extensively. I've found that if you have a high dex character with a bit of strength it made a very effective surprise weapon of the opponent wasn't responding to being chipped well.

I COMPLETELY disagree. Dude, if stunlocking is your only option with larger weapons stick with katanas. Greatswords are.. great haha. Claymore's moveset is amazing for a variety of attack styles and thrusting attacks mixed with slash. Greatlord greatsword is good if your PRACTICE with it. The r2s can be timed or planned very well for certain situations and it does reasonable damage. Mlgs has great r2s when used right and pure magic damage so it's really good. If you think that the only way to win with a GS is stunlock then you'll probably loose against somebody good with them haha.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:11 pm

your arguement is is dangerous in good hands, while true its also not relivant as the discussion was refering to the inherant pros and cons of the weapons without taking the user into account.

That was the point of the greatswords as I see it tolvo, good at everything but suffering from a lack of focus. They had an answer for everything (including buffed falchion r1 spam) but their lack of any specific strength allows a focused weapon type, lets say the large club, to win by playing to their strength.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:10 pm