Why From...Why?

    Share
    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:19 pm

    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    n0rain wrote:^ I'd be grateful if you showed more intelligence buddeh. I don't respond to moronic people very well.

    Take a hike with your insults. They aren't warranted and aren't needed, so show a bit of basic respect.

    I don't think I was talking to you. Respect is earned not given young lad.


    _________________


    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:21 pm

    n0rain wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    n0rain wrote:^ I'd be grateful if you showed more intelligence buddeh. I don't respond to moronic people very well.

    Take a hike with your insults. They aren't warranted and aren't needed, so show a bit of basic respect.

    I don't think I was talking to you. Respect is earned not given young lad.

    Whether you were talking to him, me or dupree is irrelevant. Argue your point maturely or don't argue at all.


    _________________
    Golden rays of the glorious sunshine, sending down such a blood-red light
    Now the animals slowly retreat to the shadows, out of sight
    Arid winds blow across the mountains, giving flight to the birds of prey
    In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:31 pm

    Speaking of respect. Gotta love how you are handling this. Come on you pony loving fool. Keep talking ****.


    _________________


    avatar
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1272
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Limbo

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by ErrJon6661 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:32 pm

    n0rain, remarks and posts like this aren't tolerated very well on the forums. I'm not a moderator but I can guarantee you will be called out and possibly banned from the forum if you continue.


    _________________
    :suspect:


    Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

    Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:37 pm

    n0rain wrote:Speaking of respect. Gotta love how you are handling this. Come on you pony loving fool. Keep talking ****.

    :00042: :00041: :00043: :00044: :00045: :00046:

    >Getting upset at ponies
    >Resorting to insulting me over ponies

    Spoiler:
    Lol.


    _________________
    Golden rays of the glorious sunshine, sending down such a blood-red light
    Now the animals slowly retreat to the shadows, out of sight
    Arid winds blow across the mountains, giving flight to the birds of prey
    In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm

    An insult to a person's time is still an insult. If one does not take the time to rread the entirety of a disagreement and respond accordingly then it is the same as disevowing someone of their intelligence value. I have no regrets for treating people how they have treated me.

    What you actually have here now is a single forum member that expends as much effort and time into his responses to his peers that they spend responding to him. I think this is very clear. Treat others how you want to be treated. If you want to be stubborn and not address my comments with at least neeutral respect then I don't see any reason why I should reach my hand out and let you take advantage of my beliefs. If I am banned because people show a lack of respect and I respond to it I really won't feel all that bad about it. There are plenty of other websites with a more unbiased member base towards new forum posters.


    _________________


    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    n0rain wrote:Speaking of respect. Gotta love how you are handling this. Come on you pony loving fool. Keep talking ****.

    :00042: :00041: :00043: :00044: :00045: :00046:

    >Getting upset at ponies
    >Resorting to insulting me over ponies

    Spoiler:
    Lol.

    Getting upset because I resond according to how others treat me.

    Spoiler:
    Shrug lol! Look Skyward


    _________________


    avatar
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2021
    Reputation : 56
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Northern Ireland

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by Wade_Wilson on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm

    n0rain wrote:An insult to a person's time is still an insult. If one does not take the time to rread the entirety of a disagreement and respond accordingly then it is the same as disevowing someone of their intelligence value. I have no regrets for treating people how they have treated me.

    What you actually have here now is a single forum member that expends as much effort and time into his responses to his peers that they spend responding to him. I think this is very clear. Treat others how you want to be treated. If you want to be stubborn and not address my comments with at least neeutral respect then I don't see any reason why I should reach my hand out and let you take advantage of my beliefs. If I am banned because people show a lack of respect and I respond to it I really won't feel all that bad about it. There are plenty of other websites with a more unbiased member base towards new forum posters.

    The guy who you originally insulted took the time to argue his point, which you immediately dismissed as "moronic". So everything you just said is a lie. It just sounds to me like you're upset that no-one agrees with you. If there are websites with more unbiased members as you claim, then why didn't you stick to them instead? Obviously you're not fitting in here.


    _________________
    Golden rays of the glorious sunshine, sending down such a blood-red light
    Now the animals slowly retreat to the shadows, out of sight
    Arid winds blow across the mountains, giving flight to the birds of prey
    In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by cloudyeki on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:50 pm

    Once again, another thread is gonna be locked over something silly.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:55 pm

    Wade_Wilson wrote:
    n0rain wrote:An insult to a person's time is still an insult. If one does not take the time to rread the entirety of a disagreement and respond accordingly then it is the same as disevowing someone of their intelligence value. I have no regrets for treating people how they have treated me.

    What you actually have here now is a single forum member that expends as much effort and time into his responses to his peers that they spend responding to him. I think this is very clear. Treat others how you want to be treated. If you want to be stubborn and not address my comments with at least neeutral respect then I don't see any reason why I should reach my hand out and let you take advantage of my beliefs. If I am banned because people show a lack of respect and I respond to it I really won't feel all that bad about it. There are plenty of other websites with a more unbiased member base towards new forum posters.

    The guy who you originally insulted took the time to argue his point, which you immediately dismissed as "moronic". So everything you just said is a lie. It just sounds to me like you're upset that no-one agrees with you. If there are websites with more unbiased members as you claim, then why didn't you stick to them instead? Obviously you're not fitting in here.

    Thank you I appreciate your insults sir. big grin

    hopefully this resolves the issue of degradation of topics. If I just thank people for being disrespectful I should be aable to avoid the flaming. Thank You for teaching me how to respond to insults. i will now kill lack of respect with complacency.


    _________________


    avatar
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1272
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Limbo

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by ErrJon6661 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:58 pm

    Stop playing victim n0rain. If you keep up this childish act you will soon find yourself with no friends on here.

    I'm sure you have a wonderful and valid opinion but if you keep disrespecting those around you and behaving in such a manner no one will give you the respect you strive for.

    Now unless people plan on taking this back on topic I suggest we stop posting. Like Cloud said, another thread is going to be locked over something silly.


    _________________
    :suspect:


    Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

    Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by cloudyeki on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:59 pm

    Look Skyward For christ sake, you could always acknowledge that someone found a use for the R2s, has that ever popped into your mind Rain? Not every point against your ideas are bad, it's just critiquing.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 56
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-25

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by Joichiro on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 pm

    i'm happy that my thread it's so active but, we should be discussing about the glgs?
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:01 pm

    I'm not going to lock this yet. But, I will say this. n0rain, you talk about treating others how you want to be treated, yet your replies have been condescending and downright insulting. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please PM me.

    For now, think about what you want to say, and say it with respect. Posting like you have done in this thread is not acceptable.

    Now, let's drop this argument and get this thread back on topic. In case you'all forgot (j/k), we were talking about the GLGS.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by cloudyeki on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:02 pm

    Reim has spoken cheers

    Aye, the GLGS is a decent weapon. You've gotta experiment with it's moveset, but I do enjoy the greatsword 1hr1s do to there wide swipes. Kinda sucks that they're being slowed down, but I still think they're viable weapons.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:05 pm

    Nice work. I have a feeling that it is irrelevant how I react. If I say you had the right to your opinion in every thread you would still find a reason to be dissident. This is unavoidable. I don't think that basic members should be policing people either. It makes things worde. By all means escalate the situation. :roll:


    _________________


    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by cloudyeki on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm

    We aren't trying to bring anyone down, just point out new ideas and concepts to players and create an idea of learning new things. As a community shouldn't we be trying to get along and learn from one another, and NOT arguing over who is right or not?

    You had said the GLGS' r2s are useless and punishable, Fuji found a work around for the r2s that worked against that punishment. You should have taken that into consideration, maybe said you've never thought of that and adapted your strategy to include that possible trick.

    We all good now?


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm

    cloudyeki wrote:We aren't trying to bring anyone down, just point out new ideas and concepts to players and create an idea of learning new things. As a community shouldn't we be trying to get along and learn from one another, and NOT arguing over who is right or not?

    You had said the GLGS' r2s are useless and punishable, Fuji found a work around for the r2s that worked against that punishment. You should have taken that into consideration, maybe said you've never thought of that and adapted your strategy to include that possible trick.

    We all good now?

    Requoted: I roll bs people all the time that use your suggested tactic

    If Fuji found that a few people fall for it that is fine but what I was saying was that you shouldn't count on experienced people to always fall for it. He did not address this and just questioned the validity of my original statement which avoided my comments. Next time I will just thank him.


    _________________


    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by Serious_Much on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 pm

    to me, the GLGS looks optimised for builds that are more like in the sl60-80 category, as it's high base damage but lowish scaling is better for that range, while being pure damage.

    http://tinyurl.com/9hrmrt2

    look at that. for an sl80 it's got 460 damage, not too bad considering it's not meant to be the best weapon in the world due to scaling.


    Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm

    One shouldn't count on an experienced player falling for anything. One should keep every eventuality in mind and have a practiced and appropriate response.

    As for the glgs, its really scary at sl 80 but the msgs is better due to the low requirements and str investment required.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1272
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Limbo

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by ErrJon6661 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm

    n0rain, are you really going to keep at this? At this point you're arguing over such a small piece of information. We get it, you won't fall for that tactic. We get it, a lot of players won't fall for it. Can we move on?


    Also thank you serious and forum pirate for attempting to bring this back on topic.

    I feel like the GLGS was more of just a trophy piece. Its not the worst weapon in the game but its clearly not the best. I have used in in pvp and just like every other weapon its deadly in the hands of someone who knows how to use it and it's moveset.


    _________________
    :suspect:


    Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

    Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by RANT on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 pm

    i think its decent, the reach is really good but i prefer the msgs, much better overall.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 187
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-08

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by n0rain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 pm

    I agree with serious Much and Forum Pirate. At sl. 80 the weapon is decent, but with the amount of trouble you have to go through to get the sword(naturally) don't you feel like it should be stronger?


    _________________


    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by RANT on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm

    it is really dissaponting when you put it that way, then again i never did like the way it looked and again, the msgs is just so much better. i remember using it on my very first run of them game and i loved it, even more when they patched the B to be an A. after that people started using it more.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by WyrmHero on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm

    n0rain wrote:^ I'd be grateful if you showed more intelligence buddeh. I don't respond to moronic people very well.

    @Wyrm
    In the new content you probably won't see a lot of heavy weapons. Yes, they will be there, but probably less frequent. The back stabbing will still be rampant though so midroll will still be punished hard for it's slow back peddling speed. Chain stabbing will be more popular since back stabs aren't as strong with the hornet's ring. From what I have seen of the Arena, the game didn't really change all that much except for gear choices. People will still be pinwheel mask/Havel fast roll trolling.

    Indeed, mid rollers are easier to backstab, but the greatswords are good for backstab cancel if you spam them enough. Either way, I wouldn't worry about chainstabbing in duels, it's super dishonorable and most guys wouldn't do that.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant

    Sponsored content

    Re: Why From...Why?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 pm