Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Shkar
Orango19
Christoph
FellipeMariano
Peaceful Wollyhop
vatar5
ViralEnsign_
samster628
RedderAI
OrnsteinBro
menzinho
15 posters

Velka, Goddess of Sin

CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Velka, Goddess of Sin - Page 3 Empty Re: Velka, Goddess of Sin

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Yes, but witches from Izalith used Izalith Catalysts, and Beatrice uses her Beatrice's Catalyst, whose description says that it was passed down through many generations, this means that she was from a long lineage of sorcerers/witches. Her "old arts" may have been whatever spells enabled her to Abysswalk (and check the concept art, where some black energy emanates from her catalyst)
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:10 am

CaligoIllioneus wrote:Yes, but witches from Izalith used Izalith Catalysts, and Beatrice uses her Beatrice's Catalyst, whose description says that it was passed down through many generations, this means that she was from a long lineage of sorcerers/witches. Her "old arts" may have been whatever spells enabled her to Abysswalk (and check the concept art, where some black energy emanates from her catalyst)

Cut content is cut content. We either use it as evidence for everything, or nothing, and nobody takes the cut content of Andre being the firstborn as proof that he still is.

Perhaps I was wrong about her being from the past though. Maybe she is from our time, but is a descendent of the residents of Izalith. After all, witches are often seen as living in swamps like, oh, Blighttown?
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Uggg so yeah I totally spaced out and posted this comment in another thread (just realized it) when I intended to put it here…. If you read this in the thread “Wild *** Theories” I’m sorry for the double post, and Sam has already gave me some feedback. Any who, for anybody reading this for the first time it is just my speculation and thanks for reading…

Until I’m convinced otherwise, I’ll continue to believe that Velka is connected to Gwydolin by being his mother. I know there isn’t really much information supporting this; however, it just makes the most sense to me (notice I said to me if you believe something else I’m not saying you’re wrong). Why else would Gywn have a child that has an affinity to the moon, and why do we hear nothing about his wife or mother of his children?

Some see her as a goddess and others call her a rouge witch (sounds like slander to me). So what did she do to deserve such slander? If she’s the goddess of sin punishment… then it’s not too hard to believe she eventually saw Gwyn “sin”… and I think it’s a misconception that she would pardon anyone, that’s Oswald’s thing. As in, the way she would absolve your sin would be to punish you, while Oswald lets you pay him souls aka abusing the system to supply himself with souls. So she was removed (called rouge/rejected) from Anor Londo either by death (making the crow her follower similar to Artorias/Sif) or banishment (to the painted world) or she escaped (shape shifted into the crow?).

If she escaped and changed into the crow then it explains why the crow picks you up and drops you off in Lordran. If this is true I also believe she dropped the Peculiar doll into your cell (hole in the roof, the crow could drop it right in) so that you could find her “tools of punishment”. This would also explain why there are black knights in the Undead Asylum when you return, they’ve been hunting Velka for a while? Furthermore, if this is true I believe it is Velka speaking during the intro and when the crow is picking you up. She would be propagating the legend of the chosen undead so that you would deliver her “punishment” to all those that have sinned. Meaning she doesn’t care one way or another if it’s the age of fire that continues or the age of dark. Also, she would pick up any undead if they could make it to that cliff, the more people she brings the more punishment she can spread, and she doesn’t have to worry if one fails she can just keep supplying undead.

Either way, I think Gywdolin resents his father for the treatment he has received and uses the darkmoons to pay tribute to his mother (maybe he thinks she’s dead or she really is dead). The fact that the Darkmoon Tin scales off of Faith and Velka’s Tailsman Scales off of INT I think farther proves she’s his mother. What other items in the game use other stats to boost different spell sets? He casts spells that seem as if they normal sorceries; however, he is his father’s son and his high Faith powers instead of INT; in addition, he’s able to change what skill set he uses to cast Miracles and Sorceries just like his mother.. In all honesty though it’s all just speculation and hard to wrap your head around sometimes. Feel free to poke holes into this or let me know what you think, thanks for your time! and

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 pm