Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Ahhotep1
Emergence
Remoryu
User
hageshisa
The Once-Ler
roanispe
bunnywink
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
White Knight Wulf
WarriorOfBenOwnage
Demon Slayer
GrinTwist
DxV04
Rin
Federally
WyrmHero
FellipeMariano
Ghadis_God
IV_Mark_VI
ViralEnsign_
Christoph
Derpwraith
RANT
twilightwarwolf
Hoshizoku
Wilkinson3424
cloudyeki
dancash1808
Spurgun
DarkW17
reim0027
Jovias-86
DoughGuy
TehInfamousAmos
billy_bayonet
40 posters

The Darkstalkers (new thread)

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Darkstalkers (new thread) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Darkstalkers (new thread)

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 am

Hey, I'm interested in tryouts.

New to PS3, so I'll need to run through the game. Also, my lowest builds have been 30 and 70; haven't made a 55 so need to experiment a bit. I'm assuming most builds are somewhat gouged vit/end builds?

And the build level IS 55 right? I see reim did a SL50 build...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am

If you call Vit gouged builds... the same Vit and End levels SL 80-120 players have then sure. Though at SL 55 you really dont have many viable options open to you.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 am

Yes, that's what I'm calling it. Basically focus on vit/end, get enough str/dex to wield what you want to wield, and make them Lit/Chaos, or go for ATT slots and use bellowing/pixie. Limited options at this level.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:15 am

Yup thats the Darkstalkers!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 am

Ya Mark that's about all you can do something like 36 vit 34 end 14 dex/str couple attunment slots is about your best options for a sl 55 build!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 am

billy_bayonet wrote:"I will not stand for this! The Lifehunters mock us at every turn, yet every time they attempt to face us they return to their painting tail between legs. I say ENOUGH! We strike the painted world. They want a soul sucking demon I’ll give them a soul sucking demon, I care not for friendships, we will tear every Lifehunter apart and burn the Painted World to the ground. And that bastard the Hand is mine. He was lucky his allies saved him once, this time ... there shall be no mercy."

The lord has spoken

Azazel 'the Kinslayer' steps forth from the darkness of the Abyss...the smell of the ears of the falln from the recent Dukes war fills New Londo with the smell of death.....he still wears them around his neck like rotting trophys...he approaches his Lord....were shall I place the heads after I cut them off m'lord?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:26 am

Hey billy, should we crash their mass invasion winking that would have an amusing symmetry about it if you ask me.... I would not be able to put in more than a platry attendance again sadly but still....
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 am

Ya kinda like when they tried to crash our 1st ever mass invasion and got there azz kicked silly
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:02 pm

The Gravesworn have broken there alliance.....those fools no mercy!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:15 pm

I know nothing of this word 'mercy' you speak of....let the bodies hit the floor.......
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 pm

As mentioned in your recruiting thread, I'd like to sign up, Billy. I'll add you on PSN, it's billy-bayonet, right?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Yes Ghadis awesome ill let Billy deal with the details but glad to have you onboard just when we need people the most........

So I'm a host the PW if LH is doing a mass invasion sl 99 seem appropiate....I know its not DS lvl cap but I want blood and a 55 won't work if they are 80?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Having trouble coming up with a 55 build I'm happy with.

Normally I go for 120 quality builds, so I enjoy the weapons that scale with dex/str...

Great Scythe keeps jumping out at me, but I hate it's looks... but it's sooo good...
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Well even with 14 dex 16 str you can use all halberts/great scythe/uchi/shotel/straight and barbed swords/claymore/bastard/bows/rapier/estoc/flamberge I think/balder swag of course....forget about looks the great scythe ruins peoples day go with it!!!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 pm

NOOOO not the great scythe! gargoyle halberd! big grin
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Well even with 14 dex 16 str you can use all halberts/great scythe/uchi/shotel/straight and barbed swords/claymore/bastard/bows/rapier/estoc/flamberge I think/balder swag of course....forget about looks the great scythe ruins peoples day go with it!!!

Well, Halberds I haven't used much, so if I want in here I should take a weapon I have more experience with, but I've been using the DSS, SKS, Claymore (but its taking a hit), Bastard, Bows, and ricard's rapier.

I find rapiers not as good against really good people, as you need to BS punish/ parry to make the most of them.

Great Scythe is an awesome weapon... but I can't do it. I can't fight with a farming tool. I don't care how good the stats on the Farmer's Great Hoe is, I couldn't use it.

Think it's down to: Claymore, Bastard, Balder, Estoc.

I'm surprised you put straight swords in there; I thought they were best with quality builds? The way you fight with a great scythe is you come in with a big swing, and then you back off. It's hard for a Straight sword to fight that and keep on them swinging.

Thanks for the ideas!
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Straight swords have to have a roll heavy or block and counter strategy in my experience. if you keep on them they are perfectly good though.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm using the regular scythe on my 55, Light+5 and it's sooo powerful. I'm also going to get a Chaos Uchi+5 to dual wield with my Demon Spear, my build is 14/14 so no Halberd which is sad. Also, the Great Scythe doesn't make a great elemental. It has fantastic scaling, but its base damage is low compared to other polearms, so it'll always be behind AR-wise if you take it down an elemental path.
    Also, the best way to use a Straight Sword imo is to be super aggressive. It uses practically no stamina even 2handed, so you can pressure and pressure and pressure. Most people don't expect you to keep swinging after you miss two, but if you unlock, a straight sword will punish their counter actions on the third and fourth swing. They also utterly destroy low-poise builds. If you use the clay, and are fighting someone who knows how to toggle-escape, stun them with the 2hr1, then combo it into the 2hr2. It'll do more damage than if they toggle escape after two r1's.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Great Scythe has such a wide hit box, and with the lag I've seen on the PS3 that'd be very desirable.

I've never tried toggle escaping... must learn... although sounds glitchy.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Seeing as the Lifehunters have to keep Priscilla alive, we could also crash their war with invasions. An incoming darkwraith cancels out their invasion attempt, we could kind of shut them down like that.
    FellipeMariano
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Seeing as the Lifehunters have to keep Priscilla alive, we could also crash their war with invasions. An incoming darkwraith cancels out their invasion attempt, we could kind of shut them down like that.

hehehe... don't count to that... some Lifehunters are allowed to kill priscilla.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:29 pm

FellipeMariano wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Seeing as the Lifehunters have to keep Priscilla alive, we could also crash their war with invasions. An incoming darkwraith cancels out their invasion attempt, we could kind of shut them down like that.

hehehe... don't count to that... some Lifehunters are allowed to kill priscilla.

Exactly why I will also be hosting/invading I wanna maximize my LH kills twisted
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Now back to weapons Ghadis I couldn't agree more but you can't compare any elemental weapon to a Q build the Q will win everytime...IMO the Q build is the best and only sl 120 build to run!

That being said unfortunately at sl 55 you gotta go elemental and deal with it....now I just made a sl125 elemental that's running a chaos GS a shotel and comp bow....I am hitting 400ish a 2H R2 a Q will be closer to 450+.....that being said a chaos GS still deals massive dmg!

The thing you gotta realize at sl55 most of these hosts have like 700HP even approaching sl80 + like wtf....so 2 2H R2's will kill them....ouch!!!

My DS is a 14 14 I either use Heater Barbed Rapier or darhand Uchi Rapier....when I use Barbed I roll in and unlock and manual aim my attack then lock and put some pressure on....using a GS and Barbed can work well cuz you can nail them with some 2H R2's do massive dmg and build bleed then come in with pressure and build more bleed with Barbed!

But I say use what your comfortable with!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:55 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:The Gravesworn have broken there alliance.....those fools no mercy!

Oh we did? I dont think thats the case.... unless Wolf or Wilks said so all it think they wanted to do was to GL in the Painted World as a bit of fun.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:01 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:The Gravesworn have broken there alliance.....those fools no mercy!

Oh we did? I dont think thats the case.... unless Wolf or Wilks said so all it think they wanted to do was to GL in the Painted World as a bit of fun.

i may or may not be a co-leader as wulf is tryin to take over but i know for a fact i didnt say anything about breaking an aliance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:56 pm