Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Ghadis_God
CaptanSpudsy
ICEFANG
killzoner4dead
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Spurgun
Gazman0169
Tolvo
Yukon
cloudyeki
n0rain
Derpwraith
16 posters

Funny thing about rings..

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Funny thing about rings.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Funny thing about rings..

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Not rofap, alternating between the speckeled stoneplate ring and the ring of steel protection. Be invincible.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:35 pm

BLA1NE wrote:10 fingers--why stop there? What about multiple rings per finger? What about ear rings? Let's just have unlimited rings while we're at it!

2's good...

Can we at least get the standard neck slot for amulets? lol! I just feel with all the restrictions on pvp that 2 rings are rather lack luster since one is auyomatically going to be assigned rofap or havels. That leaves 1 ring slot which is usually tied up by rofap or havels since any poise you want to grab costs so much weight.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:42 pm

wolf, hornet, rtst, bellowing dragoncrest ring, colathary ring, leo ring, dwgr. The rings are almost more important than the regular gear and many are extremely powerful.

In all seriousness, I'm very glad its just 2 rings and no amulet, more gear would make it tougher to balance and likely result in some henious combo that steemrolls everyone who isn't using it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:46 pm

lemme see. 10 rings...

FaP, havels, dwgr, bellowing, clorathy, wolf.. after a while i'd stack all the defence rings lol, be invincible
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:51 pm

The benefits would be that you could baseline rofap and havels.

then for ammy's

sorcery= BDC effects

Miracle= First Born or princess effects

Melee centric= stoneplates/hp/stamina regen

Amulets would improve the game not make it unbalanced.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:57 pm

How about weaving a mail shirt out of Wolf rings and steel defense rings? 40 poise multiplied by thousands of rings means that a train could hit you and you wouldn't move. The rolling balls in Sen's would just bounce off of you, the Bed of Chaos wouldn't be able to push you over, Smough would lose his anal virginity when he tries to buttslam you and the Asylum Demon's hammer would break against your skull. You could catch Dragonslayer arrows in your teeth and beat a Mushroom parent in a boxing match. That is true invincibility.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 am

Then why even bother with rings, why not just bump equip burden and hp and have just amulets?

Having fap and havels as the baseline (ie the thing the devs assume everyone has and uses and that they build around) would actually decrease your effective slots as the rest of the gear would be designed with their benifits in mind (it would be heavier), essentially making them required for competitive play.

I don't disagree that another auxiliry equipment slot could be balanced, and that baselining havels and fap would do it, but that seems counter intuitive to having the ring slots in the first place.

creating/balancing another set of items for an extra slot would also cost time and money, which I would prefer they spend balancing and polishing the things for the equipment slots already designed (though that is merely my opinion)

@ghadis, only to be insta killed by the asylum demon explosion. That would be funny, take the hit and don't even flinch, magical explosion and the body just falls over.

How does poise work? After you died, could your body be moved or would nobody be able to move you except you?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:28 am

You'd be dead on your feet. With those levels of poise, who knows what would happen? Perhaps you'd be standing there until you rotted to bones, maybe the bones would continue to stand until someone removed the shirt.

Gamewise, though, I think it only lasts until death. I can kill someone with 140 poise with a mail breaker and they'll flail around and actually have a death animation. I always imagined a sort of pain resistance component to poise, that it's about how hard of a hit you can take without flinching as well as how much the blow physically pushes you back.
    n0rain
    n0rain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by n0rain Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:25 am

Sadly most builds are built around the fap and havel rings anyway. Hardly anyone uses the synergy rings because the poise sacrifice isn't worth it. Which is what my point was trying to explain, but failed. It already is baseline in more than half the situations and I agree that hp needs a buff, perhaps less diminishing returns through 1-50 and harder diminishing returns through 35-50. Also equip burden still hasn't found that middle ground but one can hope.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am

But Fap ring + Havel's isn't an OP combo, it just gives them the most equip burden, so I don't see it as an issue if everyone uses that as their base (I use Fap + Wolf's on most of my melee characters, by the way). At this point, many other rings are viable, they just require different strategies. And, if you use those rings and strategies, you'll easily be able to handle someone wearing Fap + Havel's.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 am

killzoner4dead wrote:There is an ancient beliefe that the ring finger has magical properties.You only have 2 ring fingers hence the two rings limitation.Magic rings would not work on any other finger.
    SHADDAP! Bring me 10 Rings!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 am