Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
SEANB240
Tristan
DoughGuy
LordRevan
cloudyeki
Tzai
Shkar
Derpwraith
12 posters

Who exactly is GOOD?

samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Who exactly is GOOD? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who exactly is GOOD?

Post by samster628 Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Serious_Much wrote:The whole point of the world of lordran is that there is no true morality, which is goodness without reason or cause. Everyone who portrays themselves as 'good' always have some sort of underlying reason to do so, even the sunbros which takes away from the good intentions themselves.. morality isn't really something applicable to lordran, it's just a fight for survival no matter where you go.

does true morality even exist at all DkS or otherwise?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:45 pm

1% of the population are wolves, 1% are sheepdogs, and 98% are sheep. The vast majority of people do indeed only care about themselves and what they can get, but some people do indeed care about actually helping each other. There are all kinds of scientific experiments that show that there ARE actual people who have the capability to stand up for what they think is just, even if it means going against authority and getting punished (note that I don't mean troublemakers who try to justify their actions).

Too be frank, I've never agreed that the Dark Lord ending was moral in any way, and the more I theorize and try to twist the lore to find out how it actually is, the more I come to agree with myself. Doughguy will attest that I think that the flame continuing is the single most important thing in "the world".
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Apart from Patches being the GoW.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 am

DoughGuy wrote:Apart from Patches being the GoW.

Well, he is the player in disguise.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:41 am

Shkar wrote:1% of the population are wolves, 1% are sheepdogs, and 98% are sheep. The vast majority of people do indeed only care about themselves and what they can get, but some people do indeed care about actually helping each other. There are all kinds of scientific experiments that show that there ARE actual people who have the capability to stand up for what they think is just, even if it means going against authority and getting punished (note that I don't mean troublemakers who try to justify their actions).

hmm. i beleve you... but back on topic. i think most gods are a bit like the gods of mythology - being mighty and powerful but not doing a lot in most peoples lives. those who worship them appear to be rewarded with gifts. thise who don't are often punished. i think the gods like this arrangement and don't want it to change which is why they want the fire to remain lit (is it the sorce of their power?). also it says somewhere that gwyn is allfarther loyyds nephew. this shows there were gods even before the flame or at least before the primordial lords gained power from it. should the fire go out then the gap of power between humanity and the gods will be much reduced. what this would mean is unknown. will this usher man into an age of prosperity or an age of anarchy? that is te question. kaathe beleves ETHER that it will be an age of prosperety OR an age of anarchy he can rule over (possibly via a puppet). frampt beleves ETHER it will be an age of anarchy OR an age of prosperity threatening his or his masters/ friends power. that is my beleif anyway

Last edited by samster628 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid quote box thingy)
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:32 am

mmmmmmm Solaire everyone else is using u for their own means and mmmmmm Ceaseless Discharge is good all he wants to do is guard the corpse of his sister but nooo SOMEONE just has to come along, strip of her clothes, and loot her corpse RIGHT in front of him...poor guy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:55 am

samster628 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:The whole point of the world of lordran is that there is no true morality, which is goodness without reason or cause. Everyone who portrays themselves as 'good' always have some sort of underlying reason to do so, even the sunbros which takes away from the good intentions themselves.. morality isn't really something applicable to lordran, it's just a fight for survival no matter where you go.

does true morality even exist at all DkS or otherwise?

I'm not sure it does haha, though simply helping people out on a whim just because you feel like it is goodness, though a lot of the time people have causes for their actions despite them not realising it. That's part of the common argument that atheists are actually more 'morally good' when they perform good actions as they expect nothing as a result than christians, as they expect salvation.. but i guess a philosophical discussion is perhaps beyond what this thread's purpose really is lol!

In lordran there is probably nothing like true morality, the only instance i could think of is is the crestfallen warrior giving you information without expecting anything in return, though it's obvious that dialogue is simply in the game so that you have some kind of idea what you need to do in the game silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:25 pm