Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Akatik
nhbdy
nsane32
DxV04
strangejoy
9 posters

Gravelord and Forest Hunter Truce

strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Gravelord and Forest Hunter Truce Empty Re: Gravelord and Forest Hunter Truce

Post by strangejoy Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:11 pm

@DxV04

I invaded two gravelords in the forest over the last several days. I stayed true to our pact, even though I was darkwraithing instead of forest hunting (I got sick of not getting humanity and 2v1v1 fights are awesome). I gave each of them a few eyes of death and ultimately black crystal'd out. In one case, I killed another invader (1v1, of course) for giggles while the gravelord stood around on the stairs and did the jumping for joy gesture. Keep cursing the forest, gravebros!

Sorry for hijacking my own thread. :cyclops:
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:22 pm

lol! Proper Bow

Thanks for helping me spread the word of the truce around man I really appreciate it Prostration

Speaking of hijacking threads. I think forest hunters should get better loot. Humanity is one thing hunters should definitely get. Can't wait to get back to the house and gravelord the forest again. Then switch to my hunter and blast through jumpers.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:29 pm

I need to start a NG+ to GL again already killed Nito sad forgot how much fun it is
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:38 pm

nsane32 wrote:I need to start a NG+ to GL again already killed Nito sad forgot how much fun it is

Solutions:
    Don't kill nito (DUH!)
    Don't leave the GL covenant, easily done
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:38 am

strangejoy wrote:@DxV04

I invaded two gravelords in the forest over the last several days. I stayed true to our pact, even though I was darkwraithing instead of forest hunting (I got sick of not getting humanity and 2v1v1 fights are awesome). I gave each of them a few eyes of death and ultimately black crystal'd out. In one case, I killed another invader (1v1, of course) for giggles while the gravelord stood around on the stairs and did the jumping for joy gesture. Keep cursing the forest, gravebros!

What pact? I just switched back to gravelord from DMB and I'm getting ready to do some PvP.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:43 am

Akatik wrote:

What pact? I just switched back to gravelord from DMB and I'm getting ready to do some PvP.

There is a truce between gravelords and forest hunters.
    The forest hunters have agreed to allow gravelords to dwell in the forest of alivna in order to spawn BP mushroom families to deal with jumpers and help invading forest hunter troops.

once a jumper host realizes he has been infected he would be force to invade the gravelord and fight solo which they for the most part can't do. Its easy for the gravelord to know because the forest hunters come in as dark spirits and the jumper host would invade the the gravelord as an SoV
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:46 am

Ok, what do you mean by jumper?

And I love the sound of this truce.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:56 am

Akatik wrote:Ok, what do you mean by jumper?

And I love the sound of this truce.

Well a jumper is defined as a host with 1 or more allies waiting to jump on forest invaders. They will use the cheapest tactics in order to win.

For example pre patch I was a forest hunter, summoned to the forest and as soon as I spawn. TWoP plus a charged Gant attack. Of course I would die almost instantly.

They are not there to quest they are there to farm Forest Hunters. But Hunters have adapted and have allies in gravelords and BP mushroom families.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 pm

God lord, I love the sound of this. I really need to get my gravelord over to the forest.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 pm

One more thing. Since not all forest hunters lurk in forums I try to message any of them telling them or proposing to them a truce.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Gravelord and Forest Hunter Truce Empty Gravelord and Forest Hunter Truce

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Is there an official thread on the truce?
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:33 pm

The original Gravelord Sword Dance thread is here:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t984-gravelord-sword-dance#15530

I split it because I thought both were warrantable threads, just stuck in the same one.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:44 pm

i dont have either at the moment but i'll keep the truce in mind when i do. i stays out of the forest usually, that said if i'm purging the guilty in the forest and i see you being jumped i'm ganking people. if they arnt playing fair then the gloves come off, +10 divine estoc pivot bsing time.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks for the new thread, Meridam. For all those interested, the general idea is that both the hunters and the gravelords who lurk in the forest have a common enemy and a common problem. Our enemy is the campers. Our problem is getting ganked in 2v1 or 3v1. We can all help each other by teaming up. The gravelords curse, giving us black phantom mob protection. The hunters hunt the campers, but they don't ruin gravelord cursing by killing them as a hunter. If you have a few spare eyes of death, go ahead and give a gift to the gravelords for their efforts to fill the forest with deadly mobs.

Death to campers!
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:57 pm

strangejoy wrote:Thanks for the new thread, Meridam. For all those interested, the general idea is that both the hunters and the gravelords who lurk in the forest have a common enemy and a common problem. Our enemy is the campers. Our problem is getting ganked in 2v1 or 3v1. We can all help each other by teaming up. The gravelords curse, giving us black phantom mob protection. The hunters hunt the campers, but they don't ruin gravelord cursing by killing them as a hunter. If you have a few spare eyes of death, go ahead and give a gift to the gravelords for their efforts to fill the forest with deadly mobs.

Death to campers!

I have about 60 (plus or minus) I can donate!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 pm

strangejoy wrote:Thanks for the new thread, Meridam. For all those interested, the general idea is that both the hunters and the gravelords who lurk in the forest have a common enemy and a common problem. Our enemy is the campers. Our problem is getting ganked in 2v1 or 3v1. We can all help each other by teaming up. The gravelords curse, giving us black phantom mob protection. The hunters hunt the campers, but they don't ruin gravelord cursing by killing them as a hunter. If you have a few spare eyes of death, go ahead and give a gift to the gravelords for their efforts to fill the forest with deadly mobs.

Death to campers!

Amen brother - I still have EoDs to give away to any Gravelord who helps out in our cause. If I see a Gravelord who is fighting a camper I won't interfere with the duel - I will only help if the camper has minion trying to double teeam you. If I can I will drop and EoD either before or after the battle.

Gravelords - please spread the word on this truce.

Strangjoy - check you mail I left you some interesting information you might want to know about.

“Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.“ – Sun Tzu
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks strangejoy and brokewilly for the EoD!! It really helps us!

To forest hunters who are interested. Its very easy to spot a gravelord.

Most of the time he is alone. and has a black smoke aura around him. He is most likely standing still so he sign is visible in the world of the jumpers.

If you see someone in a battle alone with the black smoke aura it is probably a gravelord fighting a jumper who invaded his world.

See you guys in the forest!!

Death to the jumpers!!

Now I sing my song Point Down
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:34 pm

Strangejoy - check your messages - update on the information I passed along to you earlier.

Good hunting!!!!
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Brokewilly wrote:

Strangejoy - check your messages - update on the information I passed along to you earlier.

Good hunting!!!!

Thanks you, sir. We're starting to get this down to an art.
    AtomicSitUp

Post by AtomicSitUp Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Atomic_sit-up, Gravelording a forest near you. Please place EoDs on ground if you'd be so kind.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:18 pm

AtomicSitUp wrote:Atomic_sit-up, Gravelording a forest near you. Please place EoDs on ground if you'd be so kind.

PS3 or Xbox?

Just want to ask you if you could spread the word when you are invaded by a forest hunter.

I know its hard but you know many people do not lurk in the forums much.

Spreading the word will help build the truce up beyond the forums.

Thanks!
    AtomicSitUp

Post by AtomicSitUp Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    AtomicSitUp wrote:Atomic_sit-up, Gravelording a forest near you. Please place EoDs on ground if you'd be so kind.

PS3 or Xbox?

Just want to ask you if you could spread the word when you are invaded by a forest hunter.

I know its hard but you know many people do not lurk in the forums much.

Spreading the word will help build the truce up beyond the forums.

Thanks!

PS3

I'll spread the word as best as I can.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks bro, I know in the PS3 is more difficult but anyone you can sway is a plus for us! By the way I read you do it there a lot. Where do you stand and on average how many EoD do you collect?

For the most part I try to hide so I can spread the word and then after I will Im out in the open.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:33 am