Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Yukon
Heroez Blade
Serious_Much
Azran
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
9 posters

Worthless Games Based on Achievements

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Worthless Games Based on Achievements Empty Worthless Games Based on Achievements

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Post what games you found to be pretty much stupid, or not worth the time or effort, based on the achievements.

For me, since I am a huge Guitar Hero/Rock Band guy, I was really looking forward to playing the first Rock Band game. I had beaten the second one on expert and decided to try the first one. I started to play it, and after several setlists and no achievements, I thought something was up. I looked at the achievements, and pretty much 95% of the achievements involved playing as a band or playing online. There were also the achievements that involved singing and drumming, which I am horrible at both.

Another game, which I dont hate, but rather I find some of the achievements to be stupid, is Forza Motorsport 4. I just hate the achievements that say to upload a profile from the previous game, and to complete a race using the kinect. I find these achievements to be somewhat unfair, especially for the people who are looking to get all achievements, but do not have a Kinect or the previous Forza game.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Worthless Games Based on Achievements Empty Re: Worthless Games Based on Achievements

Post by Azran Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1.

One of the achievements is "Be the top player in the world leaderboards" IIRC.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Worthless Games Based on Achievements Empty Re: Worthless Games Based on Achievements

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 pm

the exact opposite of what you ask for but...

Terminator salvation on xbox... just playing through the story gets youall the achievements.. my friend 1000g'd it in the space of about 4 hours.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 pm

I dont like any game that has only 5-10 achievements. It may be easy gamerscore, but it does not offer a challenge when you can complete the achievements in less than 1-2 hours.

I also dont like the 1 achievement on the gears of war series calles "Seriously" where you have to kill 10000 enemies online. That is way to much time to spend on one game. I dont know anybody that hs that achievement legitly.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Killzone 2.

I really liked the game but man, those trophies were siiick. I don't have the time to dedicate to getting every online medal. In the same line of thought, Killzone 3, because I hate hate hate scrolly shooters and 2 or more trophies were "kill everything on this on-rail shooter level" I wanted to put the game down and not touch it again after the first tank shooter level, nevermind worrying about the trophy for it.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 am

so maybe i just dont get it, but why are "Achievements" such a huge deal? other than a way to show off? I mean their only redeeming factor (in my opinion, mind you...) is a simulated way to "extend" the life of the game
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 am

I know for sure most people still look at the Demon's Souls Plat trophy and go "What the heck is that?" since they haven't seen the Nexus from outside.

I love when they go the extra mile for the witty commentary/name/image.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:48 am

Serious_Much wrote:the exact opposite of what you ask for but...

Terminator salvation on xbox... just playing through the story gets youall the achievements.. my friend 1000g'd it in the space of about 4 hours.
    The Avatar the Last Air Bender game is even worse, all the achievements can be won in about 10 minutes by building a combo of 50 (which is notoriously easy to do)

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 am

I don't play games for Achievements or Trophies, or at least I didn't until I got Dark Souls. I was halfway through my first playthrough when I realised getting the Platinum was possible for me and, if I ever got a Platinum Trophy, it must be for Dark Souls. Mind you, by that time I'd already squandered some Boss Souls through ignorance, so I'm not there yet but I hope to make it one day because to get the Platinum for Dark Souls means something.

P.S. Anyone who Platinums Demon Souls or Dark Souls has my utmost admiration and respect.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:06 pm

KomradDakka wrote:so maybe i just dont get it, but why are "Achievements" such a huge deal? other than a way to show off? I mean their only redeeming factor (in my opinion, mind you...) is a simulated way to "extend" the life of the game

Achievements are a way to extend a Games ''Life'' Yes. But the gamerscore you get is a way to be a **** basterd...I was one before i switched to PS3.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't know a GAME. But i know a type of game wich has lame Achievements or Trophies. The type of games wich has you too ''Get 1000 kills whit THIS GUN'' or ''Melee 100 enemies ONLINE'' etc. If i remeber right Perfect Dark Zero has that type.

Example:
    1000 Headshots.
    1000 Sniper Kills.
    1000 Pistol Kills.
    AND THE LIST GOES ON.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Heres the best *** one i see all the time:

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: COMPLETED THE TUTORIAL.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:17 am

Jester's Tears wrote:I don't know a GAME. But i know a type of game wich has lame Achievements or Trophies. The type of games wich has you too ''Get 1000 kills whit THIS GUN'' or ''Melee 100 enemies ONLINE'' etc. If i remeber right Perfect Dark Zero has that type.

Example:
    1000 Headshots.
    1000 Sniper Kills.
    1000 Pistol Kills.
    AND THE LIST GOES ON.

I hate those, especially on Gears of War, which is why I mainly stick to the campaign for games like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm