Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
vageta31
cloudyeki
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
philtitan
Bloodios
Azran
mrbeckham87
DoughGuy
Opedak
Lancelot
User
Specter737
reim0027
skarekrow13
IV_Mark_VI
Seignar
BIG TIME MASTER
Zetsabre
22 posters

Honor Ended Back in the Samurai Era

cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Honor Ended Back in the Samurai Era - Page 2 Empty Re: Honor Ended Back in the Samurai Era

Post by cloudyeki Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:49 am

Honestly, it's not 'honor' we're all looking for. well, maybe some of us who are WAY into the samurai/knight stuff.

I'd like a bit of respect. I bowed, and you shot me in the head with Avelyn for it. And then I get hate mail when I beat you with an enchanted BSS and MLBH?! weak sauce man.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Honor Ended Back in the Samurai Era - Page 2 Empty Re: Honor Ended Back in the Samurai Era

Post by Bloodios Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:56 am

I recently discover it feels indescribably pleasurable to kill a group a of gankers. They should stick around so that I may have a chance of experience that blissful moment again.
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 am

Know what is honorable? Without expecting it?

The number of times I have been killed and allowed to get ll my stuff back as it hadn't been claimed.

Wow.

I was doing it wrong apparently...
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:50 am

philtitan wrote:Know what is honorable? Without expecting it?

The number of times I have been killed and allowed to get ll my stuff back as it hadn't been claimed.

Wow.

Um, invaders can't take your bloodstain. silly

Also, I've got a really interesting read relating to European Middle Ages and the concept of honour in relation to the terrible acts those "great leaders" commited.

In short, honour was their form of circlejerking.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:55 am

philtitan wrote:Know what is honorable? Without expecting it?

Wow.

ever occur to you to go for your stain before you de-hollow'd?
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 am

The thing about honor is that it's a personal choice. Knights and Samurai's didn't expect their opponents to fight like them, they were adhering to their own ethical code it had nothing to do with others. Would an honorable Knight or Samurai go whining to others about losing a fight because their opponent didn't fight by their honor code? Sort of defeats the whole notion of Honor, no?

Honor in this game is a death sentence. Sure you can beat scrubs, but if someone at your skill level fights you without following any code then you will lose. Period. Gimping yourself is fine but you shouldn't expect others to do so, it's selfish. This is the internet age, respect doesn't exist here anymore. You may find it, but it's damn rare.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:26 am

G.I.F.T.

I hate the Internet at times for what it's done to people.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:29 am

vageta31 wrote:Would an honorable Knight or Samurai go whining to others about losing a fight because their opponent didn't fight by their honor code? Sort of defeats the whole notion of Honor, no?

Hey, Pope! Pope! Those French jerks are using crossbows! IT'S NOT FAIR.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 am

This is still going? Are you guys really crazy? Let it die so a mod can lock it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 am

Azran wrote:
    vageta31 wrote:Would an honorable Knight or Samurai go whining to others about losing a fight because their opponent didn't fight by their honor code? Sort of defeats the whole notion of Honor, no?

This is possibly one of the funniest uses of a historical fact I've seen on the internet, props to you Az.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:12 am

Tolvo wrote:
    Azran wrote:

This is possibly one of the funniest uses of a historical fact I've seen on the internet, props to you Az.
    lol +1 for you that was great! big grin
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm

I hate it. But its true. If you use a soapstone typically there is more honor. Usually anyway. But random invade...no rules. Its crap but its how it is so its fair. I always carry 1 wrath of god to combat gankers. Even force can save your life. Unless its a agreed duel, there is no 'fair'. There are plenty of underhanded frowned upon things to do, but the worst that will bring is some hatemail...and..who cares.

I fight fair. I agree with the original post. Its a counteractive world. You heal. I heal if im not close enough to punish you. Etc etc
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Agreed with Dough please let this thread die a horrible death.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:26 am