Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Montante
Pesth
BIG TIME MASTER
RandelOolacile
IV_Mark_VI
Rockstar2112
10 posters

Dark Souls Challenges

vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls Challenges - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Challenges

Post by vageta31 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 am

Rockstar2112 wrote:My god, vageta's accursed challenge sounds horrible.

By no kindling of bonfires, do you mean no lighting them beyond Firelink Shrine, or not kindling them to beyond them giving you 5 estus?

Lighting them is fine, just no going past 5 estus. Combined with the low health just means your dodging skills have to be immaculate. Any character with the same rules works, Sorcerer just has the lowest strength, endurance and vitality so they suffer the most.

I just made that up on the fly however, but it seems quite doable. I'm not big on challenges that become tedious like no bonfire runs, etc.. This one allows a normal playthrough you're just very limited on health and defense. You can still do some good damage two handing a few of the better weapons. The curse part is just extra sadism, even without it I think it'd be pretty tough.
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 am

Well it's going fairly well now. Blasted through Taurus Demon, retrieved the key by running like a madman, visited Andre and about to beat the Capra Demon. Heater Shield +5 is surprisingly good along with a Shortsword +5.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am

@ Yarxov:

Your challenge doesn't seem complete. According to your rules, I can max pyromancy, or max all my other levels as long as I use those items.

Also, DWGR is not fast roll, so technically I could have that as well.

So likely, that's what I'd use; full pyro, don't even touch the sword hilt, and lvl up VIT up the yin yang.

@ Lil Hoesky I don't understand your upgrades. Is a +5 starting weapon the most you can have, without resins or spells? Good luck with that!
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 pm

It's only now I'm cursed that I'm almost throwing my controller at the wall. Gargoyles were dispatched easily enough, without the help of Solaire or Lautrec (just seemed to fit in better with the challenge to do it alone). But all of Quelaag's abilities one shot me, and the lava she spits is getting increasingly difficult to avoid since the Shortsword does so little damage... Long fights are meaning the floor is getting steadily and completely slathered in rage-inducing lava :<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 am