Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Tolvo
Federally
bloodpixel
Shkar
ICEFANG
Lancelot
RNsunbro
callipygias
DoughGuy
JoshLukeXx
14 posters

Question about duped Divine Blessings

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Question about duped Divine Blessings - Page 3 Empty Re: Question about duped Divine Blessings

Post by Shkar Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Federally wrote:Lag makes it easier. Lag is why on your screen you may roll away but be teleported back into a BS. Either way its not a glitch, game code legitimately allows it. It's just a douche move

well, I'll try and practice avoiding chain backstabs. If it isn't a glitch and is just lag. Then gah, that sucks. I just hope the PC version can avoid lag all together.

Sadly, it won't. Lag will probably remain pretty consistent, although the average may deviate some. Asking for any game to have no lag is like asking for a fish to not swim.

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    why can't everyone just fight honorably? sad

I chainstab people who try to use more then 1 Divine Blessing. Why? Because they are using a glitch to obtain a massive advantage. When you have someone who responds to every backstab or spell by getting an instant restart on their HP, how on earth do you kill them OTHER then by chainstabbing them so they have no choice?

Last edited by Shkar on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Question about duped Divine Blessings - Page 3 Empty Re: Question about duped Divine Blessings

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:46 am

It's a bit of a tricky one to call, while I won't use DB's in such a manner against a gank, I can understand the idea of it. You're going against people who don't care at all about your enjoyment, and are giving themselves a very unfair advantage. They're trying to farm for souls, without regard for other people, or maybe their intention is just to grief. In either case while I don't believe glitching is the way to go, I can't say you shouldn't do it against them. Already they have thrown the rule book out the window, so why should you abide by one?
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:47 am

Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Federally wrote:Lag makes it easier. Lag is why on your screen you may roll away but be teleported back into a BS. Either way its not a glitch, game code legitimately allows it. It's just a douche move

well, I'll try and practice avoiding chain backstabs. If it isn't a glitch and is just lag. Then gah, that sucks. I just hope the PC version can avoid lag all together.

Sadly, it won't. Lag will probably remain pretty consistent, although the average may deviate some. Asking for any game to have no lag is like asking for a fish to not swim.

Even if there is lag. I hope that it could be fixed somehow to avoid that confrontation all together. In my opinion backstabbing is way to easy.

Last edited by JoshLukeXx on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:47 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:

As I said, next time someone moves into position to chain stab you unlock and don't do anything. Your character will stand up and turn towards them during the animation you are immune to BS. Then move once your animation is complete.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:56 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

Even if there is no lag. I hope that it could be fixed somehow to avoid that confrontation all together. In my opinion backstabbing is way to easy.

Honestly? As good as this game is, it has balance issue out the wazoo.

Backstabs should only be possible by sneaking? It's far too easy for everyone to run around at max speed, meaning only ambushes would work, and that relies entirely on your opponent moving around the level and falling for your trap.

Hate the abundance of Strength weapons being used for backstabs? They are entirely easy to parry with practice, where as the only reliable way to parry fast weapons is to straight up tank a hit, which is not acceptable with a buffed weapon. Fast weapons also are the typical bleeders and are vastly superior in regards to buffs, as well as Dez boosting casting speed.

Hate WoG? The Invincibility frames for the DWGR are insane. There is absolutely no skill involved in dodging spells if you are able to react and lag isn't too bad.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 am

Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

Even if there is no lag. I hope that it could be fixed somehow to avoid that confrontation all together. In my opinion backstabbing is way to easy.

Backstabs should only be possible by sneaking? It's far too easy for everyone to run around at max speed, meaning only ambushes would work, and that relies entirely on your opponent moving around the level and falling for your trap.

Hate the abundance of Strength weapons being used for backstabs? They are entirely easy to parry with practice, where as the only reliable way to parry fast weapons is to straight up tank a hit, which is not acceptable with a buffed weapon. Fast weapons also are the typical bleeders and are vastly superior in regards to buffs, as well as Dez boosting casting speed.

Hate WoG? The Invincibility frames for the DWGR are insane. There is absolutely no skill involved in dodging spells if you are able to react and lag isn't too bad.

I do hate WoT, but able to dodge it with the DWGR in a life saver. Yes I hate that dodging spells just by rolling is dumb, but it is a life saver. Especially when a spell is a one hit killer.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 am

Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

Backstabbing should be made to where you have a better chance at landing a backstab if you're sneaking, also if engaged in battle. To land a backstab maybe you have to stay behind them for a number of seconds.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

I do hate WoT, but able to dodge it with the DWGR in a life saver. Yes I hate that dodging spells just by rolling is dumb, but it is a life saver. Especially when a spell is a one hit killer.

WoG and GC are LITERALLY the only spells you need the DWGR to have a chance to dodge semi-reliably. Literally every other spell (that is an actual damaging effect (So excluding TWoP)) is so simple to dodge barring lag that I could count on my hands the number of times I've failed it once I actually got good enough at PvP to start dodging.

As for your idea for backstabbing, how well do you honestly think that would work? You would never be able to stay behind someone for a few seconds in combat, outside of combat would still be insanely unlikely since they can see behind their character's back, and stealth is near impossible to check for since the closest thing to stealth mode is the effect caused by Hidden Body/RoF.
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:14 am

Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Shkar wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

WoG and GC are LITERALLY the only spells you need the DWGR to have a chance to dodge semi-reliably. Literally every other spell (that is an actual damaging effect (So excluding TWoP)) is so simple to dodge barring lag that I could count on my hands the number of times I've failed it once I actually got good enough at PvP to start dodging.

As for your idea for backstabbing, how well do you honestly think that would work? You would never be able to stay behind someone for a few seconds in combat, outside of combat would still be insanely unlikely since they can see behind their character's back, and stealth is near impossible to check for since the closest thing to stealth mode is the effect caused by Hidden Body/RoF.

That is so true.

It was just a thought. Maybe shorten the range of where you press R1/RT to backstab? idk
    JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 am

Federally wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:

As I said, next time someone moves into position to chain stab you unlock and don't do anything. Your character will stand up and turn towards them during the animation you are immune to BS. Then move once your animation is complete.

lol... I did exactly what you told me to. Still got chain backstabbed. >_>
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:16 am

You're doing it wrong. Watch this:

JoshLukeXx
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:25 am

Federally wrote:You're doing it wrong. Watch this:

Some guy just did that glitch where you cast a buff spell like Sunlight Blade on the Stone Greatsword and cast TWoP with the sword. sad
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 am

Question, do you know that chain stabbing is the best and easiest way to deal with a DB user? I see a bit of contradiction in your philosophy.
    wolf_queen7
    wolf_queen7

Post by wolf_queen7 Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:17 am

In my opinion healing at all in PvP is unfair. Sometimes I find it a bit insulting that someone thinks i'll just let them use a Divine Blessing while i'm stuck with only a fourth of my health left silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:36 am

The easiest way to deal with a db glitcher is to bs them with a steup designed to 1shot people. They're healing doesn't mean crap if they die in 1 hit. A slb dga and the hornets ring do this exceptionally well.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:03 am

I recall invading a guy in the catacomb sl 55. I killed his phantom and proceeded to battle him. He flasks 4 times. After I gain some ground I use a divine blessing and he spams look skyward at me. So of course, as any wraith would do, I kill him during his spamming.

That was a legit DB, but I admit I too have 50 or so left. I had my day with them as far as using them to combat gankers, but now I find it much more fun to kill them without DBs. I will use a humanity rarely if I have the chance only AFTER they have healed. It is weird, I get rage messages from hosts who heal saying i am a douche/un honorable/ cheating by using a HUMANITY after they healed a bunch lol.

I do wish however, that this glitch and all other glitches in this game did not exist. That includes BB glitch. It makes it too easy for players having a hard time to cheat themselves out of the experience.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:10 pm

In my humble opinon...

From made it so that invaders cannot use their estus, thus having to rely on humanity/miracles, this being said, It causes the invader to take a long time to regain health (giving invaders the disadvantage since most of the time those invaded are unawear and unprepared), invaders would have to farm humanity, or put a lot of faith (pun intended) into their very slow heal miracle. duping the DB makes it so that the invader not only has the advantage, but also has a better estus flask then you, and a LOT more then you do as well. yes it is only healing, but From intended for the invader to have the disadvantage, not the advantage. sorry if this has already been stated, just thrown it out there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 pm