Question about duped Divine Blessings

JoshLukeXx

Question about duped Divine Blessings

Post by JoshLukeXx on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:03 am

For the people who face people in PvP with unlimited Divine Blessings. Do you think it's fair or unfair with that advantage?

I really think it's okay when people use that. It's just healing, yes it's faster than using a humanity. But I really don't see the problem. You can easily just run away and heal in a corner, depending who's chasing you.

What do you guys think? Shrug

Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Question about duped Divine Blessings

Post by DoughGuy on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:08 am

uuuh how is it fair at all? Its impossible to counter a DB healer and you cant always run away to heal yourself. Even if you do if you dont have a glitched stack you are vulnerable to getting punished while they weren't. Its a completely unfair advantage.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 am

I don't care what's fair or not, I just know that healers die by any means. Whenever I'm human now I have 27 WoG's equipped, they come out if someone Wraths me, backstabs me, or heals.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, I could give a **** really, I'm just saying that once they do I abandon all pretenses to civility.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 am

Extremely unfair. The animation is much quicker than using a humanity. With the longer animation of using a humanity, the opponent has more of a chance to attack than when using a DB. It's like eating dark moon grass in DS; you're instantly fully healed.
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:15 am

There are limited Divine Blessings in each playthrough for a reason.

PSN: iMugBabies
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:16 am

Lancelot wrote:There are limited Divine Blessings in each playthrough for a reason.

+! happy
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:18 am

Yeah with all the 99 divine blessings, I'm kinda hoping they just remove them. They were a cool idea, but when you can have 99 so easily, it just makes it terrible.

See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:21 am

Well in a 1v1 fight it would be unfair if one of the players used a DB. Would you think it's fair if you invaded a 3v1 match, and say all those phantoms did was Wrath Spam and or use TWoP? I think DB are fair in matches like that. I should have said that to begin with.

Also in 1v1 I think it's fair when you're up against chain backstabbers, lag backstabbers, and TWoP Spam Wrath Noobs. They're using a cheap method to kill you and when they kill you they taunt you thinking they're all that, etc. Why not give them a taste of there own medicine?

But if you fight someone in fair match. By all means fight fairly.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 am

Anything is fair in 3v1 matches. Because the whole match is unfair.

Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:25 am

I don't think that lag stabs are a valid reason to resort to glitches in any way. It's not the other player's fault that latency issues cause some issues with positioning.

That said, I am so against glitches that give advantages that I refuse to even toggle out of stun-locks, so I have a feeling most people differ.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 am

I dunno, I find them kinda fun, not nearly as fun as 2 on 1's, because those can be beaten with good timing, but if you run behind enemies, it can be a 3v15, those are tons of fun!

See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:28 am

Lancelot wrote:There are limited Divine Blessings in each playthrough for a reason.
    The word duped in the title is there for a reason.

Revived

Post by Shkar on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:31 am

bloodpixel wrote:

I think you missed his point in that statement happy

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:31 am

Shkar wrote:
    bloodpixel wrote:

I think you missed his point in that statement happy
    I think I did.

Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:32 am

He obviously did lol.

You shouldn't be able to dupe, nor even have 99 DB's.

Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:39 am

Using DB's acquired through unfair means, glitches, mules, etc, is cheating. It is cheating in the same way using the dragon head glitch is cheating. You broke the game to give yourself an unfair advantage. The supply of DB's is so small because they are incredibly powerful items, this is why if earned legitimately it would take some odd 20+ playthroughs to compile a full stack of 99.

I will restate, using DB's not acquired through normal means makes you a glitcher no matter what the situation. Yes this even includes 3v1, three people cannot simultaneously invade your world under normal circumstances. Which means if you are facing 3 opponents YOU CHOSE TOO. So I don't wanna hear about how being out numbered is unfair, when you put the FH ring on, darkened Anor Londo, or used an invasion item you are accepting the possibility that you may get gang banged. So either man up and learn to fight against a group or stop putting yourself in those situations. Either way don't start cheating and trying to justify it to yourself or us when your opponent and his two phantoms are operating completely within the rules of the game.

Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:42 am

Federally wrote:Using DB's acquired through unfair means, glitches, mules, etc, is cheating. It is cheating in the same way using the dragon head glitch is cheating. You broke the game to give yourself an unfair advantage. The supply of DB's is so small because they are incredibly powerful items, this is why if earned legitimately it would take some odd 20+ playthroughs to compile a full stack of 99.

I will restate, using DB's not acquired through normal means makes you a glitcher no matter what the situation. Yes this even includes 3v1, three people cannot simultaneously invade your world under normal circumstances. Which means if you are facing 3 opponents YOU CHOSE TOO. So I don't wanna hear about how being out numbered is unfair, when you put the FH ring on, darkened Anor Londo, or used an invasion item you are accepting the possibility that you may get gang banged. So either man up and learn to fight against a group or stop putting yourself in those situations. Either way don't start cheating and trying to justify it yourself or us when your opponent and his two phantoms are operating completely within the rules of the game.

on bold: Not really. More like, "You took the risk of invading with the Red Eye Orb, when you could have used the Red Sign Soapstone which gave a better chance of a 1v1 fight."

Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:48 am

If you want a guaranteed 1v1 join the dragon covenant. Dragon remnants are the only way to ensure a 1v1 fight as anyone with a phantom cannot see them and all summon signs disappear once they summon you.

So even with RSS you are accepting the possibility of being ganked.

Post by JoshLukeXx on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 am

Lancelot wrote:
    Federally wrote:Using DB's acquired through unfair means, glitches, mules, etc, is cheating. It is cheating in the same way using the dragon head glitch is cheating. You broke the game to give yourself an unfair advantage. The supply of DB's is so small because they are incredibly powerful items, this is why if earned legitimately it would take some odd 20+ playthroughs to compile a full stack of 99.

I will restate, using DB's not acquired through normal means makes you a glitcher no matter what the situation. Yes this even includes 3v1, three people cannot simultaneously invade your world under normal circumstances. Which means if you are facing 3 opponents YOU CHOSE TOO. So I don't wanna hear about how being out numbered is unfair, when you put the FH ring on, darkened Anor Londo, or used an invasion item you are accepting the possibility that you may get gang banged. So either man up and learn to fight against a group or stop putting yourself in those situations. Either way don't start cheating and trying to justify it yourself or us when your opponent and his two phantoms are operating completely within the rules of the game.

on bold: Not really. More like, "You took the risk of invading with the Red Eye Orb, when you could have used the Red Sign Soapstone which gave a better chance of a 1v1 fight."

I've been summoned using the Red Soup Stone and upon entering the players world. I'm TWoP then backstabbed or either Wrath Spammed.

And yes I dislike glitches a whole lot as well. Just, to myself. I find no problem with unlimited Divine Blessings. It adds a little more edge to PvP.

But, I know to some people, someone who use Divine Blessings in any PvP match; are automatically added to there list of "hated despised players".

In my opinion Divine Blessings are fine with me.

Last edited by JoshLukeXx on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 am

Yeah, I've been summoned as a red phantom before and got ganked. I was just saying that there's a better chance.

in my post: "which gave a better chance"

Never knew that about the Dragon Remnants though.

RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:54 am

JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:

I've been summoned using the Red Soup Stone and upon entering the players world. I'm TWoP then backstabbed or either Wrath Spammed.

And yes I dislike glitches a whole lot as well. Just, to myself. I find no problem with unlimited Divine Blessings. It adds a little more edge to PvP.

But, I know to some people, someone who use Divine Blessings in any PvP match; are automatically added to there list of "hated despised players".

Just wondering but do you use them yourself?
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:55 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:

Are you readying your list of "hated despised players"? lol

RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:58 am

Lancelot wrote:
    RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:

Are you readying your list of "hated despised players"? lol

Haha, no but he seems so supportive of them that I was curious if he uses them himself or how often he has PVP matches where the opponent uses them.
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:01 am

I've only used my DB's when I get get toxin and am not near a bonfire/I don't have any blooming moss clumps.

JoshLukeXx

Post by JoshLukeXx on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:01 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    JoshLukeXx wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:

I switch off with it at times. Mostly I use estus or humanity. I use DB when I'm ganged up on. Or when I wanna conserve estus and humanity when not engaged in battle.

I'll admit, when I get invaded by a player that rages me. My top priority is to slaughter them at any means. :c

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm