Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Spurgun
ublug
DigitaLinsanitY
Bloodios
dianaduh
PaPaSmVrf
10 posters

So, Iearned somthing today...

PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So, Iearned somthing today... Empty So, Iearned somthing today...

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 pm

I started a new game and chose a pyro/zwei build, and was planning on being a chaos servent, well after ringing the second bell and joining, I got the egg head, and had put about 2-4 hrs into this build. I had saved up around 20 humanity and 2 twin humanity, and was using them in front of qualaag's sis when i set the controller down to go grab a drink, I assume that when I set down the controller, R2 was hit, and I killed qualaags sis right after investing all of my humanity into her.... "well there went that" was what I was thinking after deleting that profile and starting it over again lol, so lesson learned, NEVER BRING A WEAPON INTO THAT PLACE!!! anyone else have something happen to them like this were they just deleted their profile?
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So, Iearned somthing today... Empty Re: So, Iearned somthing today...

Post by dianaduh Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 pm

lol i always accidentaly hit R2, thats why when im next to NPC i hold the controller still and try not to leave it untill im far from the NPC
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:33 pm

I my character does a heavy attack and killed Rhea in the Tomb of The Giants when I put the controller down to take bathroom break. I raged for hours after that. I was like "NO, my all miracles run, RUINED, NOOOOO~~~~~"
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:36 pm

I've never actually done this but I try to keep it in the back of my mind any time I set down / pick up my controller around npc's. Closest I ever got to your situation was attacking Eingy (or w/e his name is) on sight in my first every play-through. I thought he was one of those infected hollows blocking my path.

I figured out he was an npc when he started whining about his fair lady. I didn't want to taint my first play-through so I ran all the way to the parish to get my sins absolved... and then ran all the way back down.

It wasn't nearly as painful as having to remake a toon. But first time playing the game... and not having demon souls experience... the runs back and forth were very painful. Looking back at it now... I should have just killed him. Not like my sorceress gained anything useful from him or the chaos covenant (didn't know about shortcut back then).
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 pm

I learned my lesson the hard way in demons souls, after accidentally attacking Stockpile Thomas.
    When I talk to important NPCs now I either turn my back against them, or unequip my weapon.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:42 pm

ublug wrote:I learned my lesson the hard way in demons souls, after accidentally attacking Stockpile Thomas.
    When I talk to important NPCs now I either turn my back against them, or unequip my weapon.

Oh god, there´s no comparison to that in DkS. What did you do after, did you restart?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Finished it, but missed out on a lot of good items because of the carry limit. I even fought Allant with the ring of herculean strength equipped, to salvage some items :x
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Remind me not to do that when i replay demons, it´s owning me already.
    It´s very hard to BS mobs in DS compared to DkS, which makes PvE a bit harder IMO.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:52 pm

love that avatar! It made me so sad because she is one of the few NPC's I actually care about, along with solaire and laurentius.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Demon's Souls was brutal. Worst of all, you don't have a Oswald's equivalent in that game. A moment of mishaps could cause you an entire playthrough. That's why I love it so much.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:12 pm

many hateful remarks have left my mouth in the land of defilement in demon's souls lol, basiclly a harder blighttown imo.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:17 pm

PaPaSmVrf wrote:many hateful remarks have left my mouth in the land of defilement in demon's souls lol, basiclly a harder blighttown imo.

I hated tower of latria. Took me a four days to figure out how to continue from the first area -_- I hate mazes.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:48 pm

what I hated about the tower was the little drop-offs in the first area (3-1 i believe), I was 30 minutes into that place, after killing the ball of freaks, and fell off the edge chasing the crystal lizard lol
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:05 pm

I recently posted some help for a build I was planning on turning into a paladin. So I get all details worked and start..
    I'm now into two days, I've gotten all the pieces to my armor, my weapon is half upgraded so I decide its time to start getting my miracles. I hadn't gone into the depths to prevent rhea and company from coming out. So after taking out Ornstein and Smough I jump into the depths then warp to firelink to meet up with the WoW gang. They're there, like normal so I talk to them all, buy all miracles from Petrus and notice that this could be a great time for a picture. I like taking picture. silly I post up next to rhea and start doing the pray gesture to try and catch a nice shot. As I went to put the controller down and BAM Rhea's struck! They all agro me and I'm screwed. I currently don't have the souls to absolve so I'm debating starting over. I have pumped a full nights work into this build so starting over may be painful. sad
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:23 pm

My first play through, when I saved Dusk of Oolacile, I didn't have binoculars (didn't find them yet). So I was using bows to zoom in on things, and accidentally fired an arrow point blank in her face.

Wasn't using any magic, so it was ok. But I didn't know that at the time, and I was just thinking "oh damn. What did I just do?! What did I lose out on??'.

Good times.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:44 pm

ublug wrote:I learned my lesson the hard way in demons souls, after accidentally attacking Stockpile Thomas.

yea me too, but in my case i attacked blacksmith boldwin, luckly he was just mad, not hostile ;_;
    DancingFood
    DancingFood

Post by DancingFood Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 am

I attacked Alvina on my first playthrough. She looked like an enemy preparing an ambush, so I shot her in the face and got called "a fool".
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:27 am

Before I set the controller down I hit start and bring up the menu. Can't attack with it up and it's not likely that the circle button to exit will be pressed with the controller face up.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:21 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Before I set the controller down I hit start and bring up the menu. Can't attack with it up and it's not likely that the circle button to exit will be pressed with the controller face up.

pretty smart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 am