Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Carphil
Herbo
PPG-3-
meridam99
skarekrow13
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Deadmeat95
Akatik
aceluby
venomblader
butternut86
15 posters

Killing Red Dragon on bridge after patch??

butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Killing Red Dragon on bridge after patch?? Empty Killing Red Dragon on bridge after patch??

Post by butternut86 Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:20 pm

I got this game after the patch. I'm level 81, and I'm close to the end but just gong around trying to do some pvp and killing optional bosses/enemies. Is it still possible to kill the red dragon under the bridge with arrows? Because I've unloaded about 200 arrows into it and it kept healing once its health got to 50%. I already got the drake sword cuz around 50% its tail comes off. But not much longer after that it begins to heal itself.

Whats the best way to kill it?
    butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Killing Red Dragon on bridge after patch?? Empty Re: Killing Red Dragon on bridge after patch??

Post by butternut86 Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Bump. Is there still a way to kill the red dragon, or is it impossible with the arrow method?
    venomblader
    Casual
    Casual

Killing Red Dragon on bridge after patch?? Empty Re: Killing Red Dragon on bridge after patch??

Post by venomblader Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:50 pm

It's fixed.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:53 pm

I killed it using magic... arrow to the knee, he flies around, I get out of my hiding spot under the bridge and hit him w/ a few soul spears, rinse and repeat until killed. I saw a video of someone who did it w/ melee, but it definitely doesn't look easy.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:01 pm

The arrow glitch doesn't work anymore?
    butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by butternut86 Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:04 pm

aceluby wrote:I killed it using magic... arrow to the knee, he flies around, I get out of my hiding spot under the bridge and hit him w/ a few soul spears, rinse and repeat until killed. I saw a video of someone who did it w/ melee, but it definitely doesn't look easy.

Do you mean under the bridge by the stair? Or by the platform near the poisonous rats? I tried shooting arrows at him by the poisonous rats but he healed.

But by the stairs might work. I tried that once and would go up and down the stairs to strike him but he destroyed me with his fire breath. Is there like a shield or armor that can withstand the dragon's breath?

If not I'll try like you said.
    butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by butternut86 Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Akatik wrote:The arrow glitch doesn't work anymore?

Nope. I got the game late, so I never did the glitch. But I can't even kill it with hundreds of arrows to the head ... it just keeps healing itself.

Is that considered the glitch.. shooting it with arrows ?

I think I heard of a glitch where you only had to shoot the dragon once and he fell.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Yeah, that's how I got him the first time. You shoot him from the black knight tower.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

butternut86 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:I killed it using magic... arrow to the knee, he flies around, I get out of my hiding spot under the bridge and hit him w/ a few soul spears, rinse and repeat until killed. I saw a video of someone who did it w/ melee, but it definitely doesn't look easy.

Do you mean under the bridge by the stair? Or by the platform near the poisonous rats? I tried shooting arrows at him by the poisonous rats but he healed.

But by the stairs might work. I tried that once and would go up and down the stairs to strike him but he destroyed me with his fire breath. Is there like a shield or armor that can withstand the dragon's breath?

If not I'll try like you said.

I shot him from the stairs, hid while he blew his fire, then came up to shoot him w/ some magic, then hid as he turned around. Took about 5 min using this method.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:25 pm

U have to be able to out damage his heal to be able to kill him using just arrows, killed him with my one guy doing just 99dmg a hit. He died during his heal. This was on first playthru mind u.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Can you poison him? Use poison arrows maybe?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:55 pm

no poison, and i just recently shot him to death from the rat platform.... course i've got a very strong bow... +14 compound....
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I used a +14 black bow of pharis with red tearstone ring to up the damage and that was working well fairly well on NG+. The regen was gonna make this take forever so I skimmed some life off him with a +5 Lifehunt before resuming shooting him. You can hit him through the wall if you're standing on the ledge above the gate that you can open after you kill him. With two hand and tearstone active I was doing over 700 per hit. If you feel bad about glitching bosses this is not the preferred method. In NG I was able to take him by drawing him onto the bridge and carefully aiming the drake sword 2hR2 attack at him once he got low enough to regen on me.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Dragon Bow and dragon arrows, easy kill standing by the rats.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:43 pm

i use the fire resist pyromancy, suit up in good heavy armor, fire resist ring too. two hand a lighting claymore or whatever you perfer. and just goto to town on him. he goes down pretty easy. just stay beteween his legs. and be prepared to take the fire breath a couple of times. but really, with a good combo he should be fine. the first time i did it was with a lightning uchi on a mage toon with light armor. the ring and pyro spell was enough. shouldn't take more then a minute.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

I've just been hanging out near the stairs, moving back and forth between the outer wall and the stair well to hit the safe spots depending on where he's at on the bridge to avoid his fire and then dive rolling downstairs when he does the jump up and down blast thing when he gets to the middle of the bridge. Then when I get an opening I chop a toe or shoot him with something...keep playing whack a mole with him so he doesn't fly up on the barbican...then I swear loudly when I foul up and get cooked by fire when he's around 10% health.

Rinse and repeat until I manage not to get cooked and he dies. Earliest I've done it is SL 24 though (which immediately disqualifies me from any actual street cred since people complete NG+50 these days at SL24), and I had +4 starting thief armor and a +5 balder side sword, so...I wasn't exactly nekked with a screwdriver for a weapon. But I definitely don't think killing the drake requires hiding in ratholes or super heroic stats/gear (at least not for NG).
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm

WOW Guys why are you so Afraid of facing him on Melee? He is just like the centipede demon! Don't be afraid of engaging him melee combat. Easy strategy: Shoot some arrows and get the drake sword, oh right now equip the drake sword two handed, and shoot an arrow at him, he will drop down the bridge, when he does, run and smash his face. Then, he will breath fire but ONLY on one side of the bridge, this leaves his tail and legs unprotected and you can hit him even more. Now he can do two things: He can fly around breathing fire, so I recomend to hide or stay out of the middle of the bridge, or he can try to smash you with a stomp or with a tail sweep. You can roll or just block if you have a good shield and stamina. Rinse and repeat.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:31 pm

PPG-3- wrote:i use the fire resist pyromancy, suit up in good heavy armor, fire resist ring too. two hand a lighting claymore or whatever you perfer. and just goto to town on him. he goes down pretty easy. just stay beteween his legs. and be prepared to take the fire breath a couple of times. but really, with a good combo he should be fine. the first time i did it was with a lightning uchi on a mage toon with light armor. the ring and pyro spell was enough. shouldn't take more then a minute.

^^^ This, if you're considering on taking him down on end-game circumstances.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Well I think he has two fire attacks, one which has him sweeping the length of the bridge and the other is more focused and is usually a one hit kill for me.

I usually kill him by shooting an arrow from the stairs, switch to two handed weapon run out and whack him in the nose and then run downstairs and wait for him to get to the original position again and then its just rinse and repeat.

A tip in this strategy is 1: You can run out and whack him before he lands (predictable sequence) and 2: dont roll back to the stairs simply turn and run, in this case he will tend to bite and not go flame on you and you have plenty of time to get below.

/Q
    butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by butternut86 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks for all the replies. There were a lot of good strategies here. I'm definitely going to try them all out. happy
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 pm

He's pretty easy to kill with melee in NG, I used my MLGS and dropped him pretty quick. Much more difficult in NG+ imo.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Killed the Dragon with Dragon Bare Fists and Black Knight Shield. That ******* is hard. But in the normal gameplay, just role towards the corners, and when it is close and attacks, role behind and swing at his behind, then role away when attack animation finishes, so the fire pillar doesn't decimate you to ash. The most annoying boss... mini-boss, ever. I find that dragon was meant for you to die in close combat. Long Range seems to be the key, as tow other times I killed it with the dragonslayer bow.

In the best of it, the souls it gives is seemingly more than a Hydras, in NG anyways. NG+ or higher, just walk by by it if you are not a Bow Ranger. Any other type would mean death for you in almost an circumstance. That drake is annoying as hell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:41 am