Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
reim0027
Yukon
DamageCK
Rynn
8 posters

so outa curiosity.. what does lag switching look like?

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

so outa curiosity.. what does lag switching look like? Empty so outa curiosity.. what does lag switching look like?

Post by Rynn Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm

lag switches are devices that can give controlled bursts of lag... what would this look like on your screen?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

so outa curiosity.. what does lag switching look like? Empty Re: so outa curiosity.. what does lag switching look like?

Post by DamageCK Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 pm

You'll know it as soon as you see it. Ridiculous lag. They stand there for about 5 seconds, then you're dead.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

so outa curiosity.. what does lag switching look like? Empty Re: so outa curiosity.. what does lag switching look like?

Post by Rynn Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm

DamageCK wrote:You'll know it as soon as you see it. Ridiculous lag. They stand there for about 5 seconds, then you're dead.
    and then back to a picture perfect fight... right?
    I've fought about 5 hosts today that don't lag at all, then suddenly have backstabbed me twice without moving.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:23 pm

You said it was just out of curiosity rynn!

Why you gotta have secondary motives, WHY! Shrug
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:29 pm

They will stand there and do nothing for a sec (they are activating their lag switch), then suddenly appear right behind you for a BS. Then, minimal lag until it happens again.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Yukon wrote:You said it was just out of curiosity rynn!

Why you gotta have secondary motives, WHY! Shrug
    Can i really do anything by knowing they are lag switching? it just assists me in not being mad when it happens to me.

Thanks for the info, definitely sounds like I'm bein lag switched.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:47 pm

reim0027 wrote:They will stand there and do nothing for a sec (they are activating their lag switch), then suddenly appear right behind you for a BS. Then, minimal lag until it happens again.

I thought it was when they teleport around and then backstab you. Just to show off.
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm

When you say device, do you mean an actual electronic thing that messes with the connection?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Rudmed wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:They will stand there and do nothing for a sec (they are activating their lag switch), then suddenly appear right behind you for a BS. Then, minimal lag until it happens again.

I thought it was when they teleport around and then backstab you. Just to show off.
    That can just be a horrible connection.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 pm

lag switch them as well i guess..

i dunno. i knew a few people personally that had a lag switch, and i wouldn't exactly call them quality human beings haha.

dunno if that helps.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Rifter7 wrote:lag switch them as well i guess..

i dunno. i knew a few people personally that had a lag switch, and i wouldn't exactly call them quality human beings haha.

dunno if that helps.
    If they are lag switching, i'll just dashboard, and they can go to hell. i don't mind, i'm just still figuring out how to tell when they do it... because i dashboard if killed by Gankers. Chainstabbers, or DB users... and if i can figure out what lag switching looks like, i'll cheat them outa souls too.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Rudmed wrote:

The fight wasn't laggy at all. He got some distance from me and stopped only to BS me. Then, we duelled some more, and the same thing happened. He stopped for a couple seconds and then appeared behind me to BS me.

Yeah, lag switch is a device that you can hook up to your internet connection that will cause the lag.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    Rudmed wrote:

The fight wasn't laggy at all. He got some distance from me and stopped only to BS me. Then, we duelled some more, and the same thing happened. He stopped for a couple seconds and then appeared behind me to BS me.

Yeah, lag switch is a device that you can hook up to your internet connection that will cause the lag.
    Was talkin to Rudmed there Reim <3
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh, missed that. LOL.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 pm

thats not lag that skill so pure it cannot be seen by our mortal eyes :roll: tongue
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Wow, that's messed up. I've heard of the term but I didn't realize it was an actual thing. If only there were a way to corrupt them to ruin their user's internet connection completely...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:32 pm

oh, it's very real. it only works on games with lag compensation, like dark souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am