Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Scirvir
VinheimProfessor
Tolvo
Cantankerous_Flood
8 posters

Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair

Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair Empty Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:20 pm

I'm sure there are a lot of people that have spent hours and hours just customizing the face of their toon, and have probably noticed that there are options for facial hair. :shock: After a one-time experiment different settings, it looked awful so I quickly disregarded the options altogether. :| I'm wondering if anyone has actually used these settings and put facial hair on their toon. Pictures would be excellent! big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair Empty Re: Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Alright, I'll make one in a bit and try to take a pic. The trick is usually with brown hair, black hair, or dark skin. Try and make it look like a simple around the mouth stuff, let me try again.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair Empty Re: Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair

Post by VinheimProfessor Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 pm

I've used those settings to remove facial hair from my male Catarina characters.

What does 'toon' stand for, btw?
    Scirvir

Post by Scirvir Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 pm

This better be something they address in future titles. The Dark Lord can't be shaven like a banker!! I want a glorious viking beard option. Even though, after I spend 2 hours getting it and my character's face just perfect, I immediately slap a helmet over it. lol
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Toon is just another name for the build or character you work on during the course of game.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:42 pm

By chance, were you trying to recreate the main character from Breaking Bad?

Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair BreakingBad-1
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Tolvo wrote:By chance, were you trying to recreate the main character from Breaking Bad?

Nope but it looks good. I was just curious to see if anyone actually used it in their builds.

Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair BreakingBad-1
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Ah, well nearly every toon of mine does.
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Cantankerous_Flood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cantankerous_Flood Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Nice! Too bad there's no option to have an Andre or Gwyn beard. I want crystal lizards to get lost in there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 pm

That's my biggest gripe about the DLC. sad
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Toon seems like such a degrading word for our characters.
    I feel like we're all on a forum for Toon Town when you all say it. :suspect:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:00 pm

As long as a toon card is active though, we are invincible. If the TV show taught me anything about that game, which it didn't.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:10 pm

You lost me. silly
    The only thing I know about that game is that it's aimed at 8 year olds and you use pies as weapons.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Yugioh, or however it is spelled. I may have watched it as a child...Look at the faces of the octopus in the duke's archive. Tell me that this game is aimed at children. HR Geiger would be like, "Alright, that's a bit blatant."
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 pm

I also always put facial hair on my male toons. What i found works best is putting sideburns all the way down and then the other three(i forget what exactly they are) are able to be at the max amount. That seems to make the facial hair the most visible in my experience.
    About8547Souls
    About8547Souls
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by About8547Souls Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 pm

I put facial hair on my male characters as well, although I've noticed something weird. Every now and then when I am working on the facial hair, I'll exit out to finalize my character; and they'll be uber pale. I don't mean kind of pale, I mean like....neon white. Okay not really that white, but about as pale as the Dubious Carim skin is.

Even if I never once touched the skin color option. The worst part is that no matter how I try to remedy this, nothing will turn their skin normal except reverting the the original settings or changing a face build.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Ive noticed the skin change randomly also, i dont think its just the facial hair that can do that. My best solution has been to fiddle with the Manly-Women bar. I forgot what it was called lol, you know what i mean.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:51 pm

I've always noticed it and almost done a bearded female
    About the skin, every option in customizing changes gradually automatically, i think its because they try to do a balance. But you can "cancel" that, thats why you can make bluish or redish toon.
    Curiosity: Beards and other facial hair Tumblr10
    sorry im showing off her cause she's my fave <3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am