You know what i just realized?

    Share
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:28 pm

    Rynn wrote:as i prior mentioned, i will not debate any further if you don't understand the mechanics at work that make a chainstab possible. It's simply not worth either of our times to continue this conversation.

    If you are ganking, then i dashboard and you receive no souls from me.
    If you are using divine blessings like candy, then i will dashboard. (and i am -genuinely sorry- if you are one of the few people that legitlimately found/bought those blessings, but you are a major minority! I have been known to jump off a cliff the next time to give them back their cheated souls)
    And if you are attempting to chainstab me, i'm at the dashboard before my char stands back up for the second backstab. (a chainstabber often just runs up immediately behind you while waiting for you to stand up.)

    it is a very simple system i have set up. if my opponent disagree's to my system, they can either get out of the forest or stop doing what i dislike. Otherwise i am a waste of their resources.

    I understand chain-stab's just fine, what I don't understand, is why
    your in the Forrest Covenant.

    You cannot be a part of the Forrest Covenant and not expect to get
    a large majority of 2 vs 1 encounters. Such encounters are the very
    reason I joined, I find them fun.

    If you dislike them so much, as you clearly do, why not save yourself
    all that dash-boarding and just fight in the Burg.
    I realize they may not appreciate your play-style there, but at least you
    will rarely encounter any 2 vs 1, which does I admit, take a rather
    more, advanced skill-set, to be effective against.

    Anyway, I wouldn't let Blessing poppers bother you, seeing as you 1
    shot 1 kill anyways, I hardly see that it matters.

    But dash-boarding because you think you might get chain-stabbed is
    hardly fair, especially as, when, on the occasions you decide not to
    dashboard, you yourself actually chain-stab THEM.

    The system you've set up is quite transparent, if their is the slightest
    possibility you may lose, you will dashboard out; I imagine, not because
    you give a s**t about the souls, who does, but rather, you just can't face
    the prospect of losing.

    I feel it's a shame, you would abuse such a broken mechanic, and in such
    a callous, and cold hearted way; "Gankers" are people to, their just trying
    to have some fun, If you MUST resort to breaking the game to kill them
    (chain-backstabbing), as you freely admit you do, you clearly weren't good
    enough to beat them.

    My only advice, is that you should learn, to be man enough, to take your
    losses - learn to accept defeat. Nobody is invincible, nobody is perfect,
    we're all here, just trying to enjoy a game, lets not spoil that with ill will.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:31 pm

    Technically, if they are willing to use whatever it takes to win, it is not wrong of Rynn to do whatever it takes to make sure they don't win. By that mentality.
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:37 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Technically, if they are willing to use whatever it takes to win, it is not wrong of Rynn to do whatever it takes to make sure they don't win. By that mentality.

    Winning isn't all about killing the opponent. If an opponent runs
    from me in battle, i consider that a win for me. Just as if an
    opponent heals in battle, when i have no intention of healing,
    that also is a win for me. I don't need a players souls to tell
    me when I have out played them.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:39 pm

    And Rynn finds enjoyment possibly in denying them souls. If you use the idea of ruining the fun of others as perfectly acceptable, well she is doing something perfectly acceptable by that idea.
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

    Tolvo wrote:And Rynn finds enjoyment possibly in denying them souls. If you use the idea of ruining the fun of others as perfectly acceptable, well she is doing something perfectly acceptable by that idea.

    Rynn does NOT find enjoyment in losing, that is clear, I consider
    dash-boarding to be a loss on her part, her opponent won.
    Therefore when she tells me she only lost 2 times in 10 hours,
    that doesn't calculate to me as being correct, I now realize the
    real estimate is SIGNIFICANTLY higher, infact, I would
    estimate her w/l ratio is actually in the negative, which is fine,
    probably below average, but in all honesty, who cares.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

    You do since you are bringing attention to it. I'm just saying if you find it acceptable to gank, I don't see why you wouldn't find it acceptable to Dashboard.
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:02 pm

    Tolvo wrote:You do since you are bringing attention to it. I'm just saying if you find it acceptable to gank, I don't see why you wouldn't find it acceptable to Dashboard.

    By that mentality it's also acceptable to "win" through the use
    of a hacked save file. Neither that, nor dash-boarding are
    intended features of the game. "Ganking" on the other hand,
    is.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:02 pm

    Who is to say what is and isn't? From hasn't yet to my knowledge.
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Who is to say what is and isn't? From hasn't yet to my knowledge.

    Well I would think anyone with half a brain perhaps?
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:13 pm

    I'd say the same about ganking being unintentional, but you are of an opposite opinion I take it. So I wouldn't say we should try to assume intent.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Rynn on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

    omega Elf wrote:
    If you dislike them so much, as you clearly do, why not save yourself
    all that dash-boarding and just fight in the Burg.
    Levels above 120 aren't really invited to that battle.

    Anyway, I wouldn't let Blessing poppers bother you, seeing as you 1
    shot 1 kill anyways, I hardly see that it matters.
    I only one hit kill them if i have both Power Within and Crystal Magic weapon on. I don't jump into every encounter with the mindset that my opponent will cheat, so i should too.

    But dash-boarding because you think you might get chain-stabbed is
    hardly fair, especially as, when, on the occasions you decide not to
    dashboard, you yourself actually chain-stab THEM.
    A chainstab for a chainstab. Those that i chainstab have shown full intent to do the same to me; meaning they have chainstabbed me before. I know the names of the forest inside and out by now.

    The system you've set up is quite transparent, if their is the slightest
    possibility you may lose, you will dashboard out; I imagine, not because
    you give a s**t about the souls, who does, but rather, you just can't face
    the prospect of losing.
    I have lost 6 times today. I just almost lost a seventh while writing this sentence. I could care less for the souls... but it's not my opinion that matters. It is my opponents opinion. And the gankers are after my souls! So like a child that has done wrong, i steal their award for playing ike a piece of ****. It's simple. And i will not stop doing it, just as you do not expect the gankers to stop.

    I feel it's a shame, you would abuse such a broken mechanic, and in such
    a callous, and cold hearted way; "Gankers" are people to, their just trying
    to have some fun, If you MUST resort to breaking the game to kill them
    (chain-backstabbing), as you freely admit you do, you clearly weren't good
    enough to beat them.
    Here is the irony... you're using the same argument i use to disprove that they deserved their kill, and trying to pin it on me. Rather i see myself as a agent of justice. I deny them their ill-gotten reward, because they do not deserve it. The gankers fail to understand they are not the only people playing this damn game. If they did, they would not be ganking, as most players do not find that fun to fight, and they know it.

    Also, what Tolvo said.
    I wrote this over an hour, ecause I've been typing while waiting for PvP, which i get really quickly where i am. so i might have repeated something at some point.

    EDIT: New messages came in. So here is my only imput.
    The game manual says you are to summon phantoms to assist you with the area boss, not to face players in 3 vs 1 situations where they can not logically win without being a ***** about it.

    I find enjoyment in denying people what they do not deserve, but feel they should have regardless. I have lost, and continue to lose, countless duels. As anyone who has known me for a while on this forum can attest to, i make topics laughing about the hilarious ways i've been killed sometimes. I simply no longer will generate anything even remotely similar to fun for a ganker.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:18 pm

    If as you say, "you don't need souls to prove you've outplayed someone" then why would you object to what Rynn does (Dashboarding)?

    I would think that you wouldn't care if she were to leave the game..

    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:54 pm

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:If as you say, "you don't need souls to prove you've outplayed someone" then why would you object to what Rynn does (Dashboarding)?

    I would think that you wouldn't care if she were to leave the game..

    I personally wouldn't give a s**t, In my mind, I won, and I don't
    need the souls, I have too many already.
    But I'm not the one being subjected to this. I imagine their are those
    that WOULD care - players attempting to level-up there builds,
    those without the luxury of being able to BB glitch a max level build
    in a matter of weeks, those with limited time, limited resources.
    I'd be happy to give them my souls, good luck with them, though
    they would have to beat me of course, that said, if they were a
    complete noob at pvp, I'd most probably let them win, after a good
    play around of course.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:57 pm

    I still don't see why one is so acceptable, when the other isn't. It's more so that you like them, when we don't. So, understand that when you are fine with ganking as that is a way of causing unfair fights, denying souls, and harassing other players in a way. We don't care really about Rynn Dashboarding against them, because its sort of just returning the favor. It's simply eye for an eye, which no is not the right mentality I think. At the same time, I'm not going to try and convince her to not do it. Because the gankers already don't care about other people, and frankly I don't see why she should care about their feelings in return.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Rynn on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:02 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Because the gankers already don't care about other people, and frankly I don't see why she should care about their feelings in return.
    Neither do i. That is sort of where i am when it comes to those that gank and exploit glitches now <3.
    It doesn't matter. I'm just having one final romp, I happen to really just be on my way out.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 pm

    Legally you shouldn't take matters into your own hands and kill people who have kidnapped your daughter.

    At the same time, I quite enjoy the film Taken.
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:43 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:
    If you dislike them so much, as you clearly do, why not save yourself
    all that dash-boarding and just fight in the Burg.
    Levels above 120 aren't really invited to that battle.
    I have builds above 120, they have no problem getting duels.
    Surely you have builds under level 300 or so. I really don't understand
    the pleasure in going maxed-out, I find it takes away allot of the
    challenge. I usually fight on a sl 11 character, it's maxed-out for it's
    level, but the fact i'm fighting, sometimes multiple enemies, or enemies
    WAY above my level, kind of balances that, sure I lose allot, but I
    also win allot, and when you win it is so much more satisfying -
    knowing you beat the odds. But if you have more fun going
    maxed-out then that's what you should do, it just seems to me you
    don't very much enjoy fighting gankers, in which case, the forrest
    is perhaps, not the ideal place for you ?

    Anyway, I wouldn't let Blessing poppers bother you, seeing as you 1
    shot 1 kill anyways, I hardly see that it matters.
    I only one hit kill them if i have both Power Within and Crystal Magic weapon on. I don't jump into every encounter with the mindset that my opponent will cheat, so i should too.
    What is "cheating" in your book, isn't necessarily cheating to other
    players. For example, I don't consider ganking cheating, nor do I
    consider chain-backstabbing, or 1hko backstabbing cheating;
    Some may find these things undesirable, but then, some may find
    dash-boarding undesirable, possibly even "cheating".

    But dash-boarding because you think you might get chain-stabbed is
    hardly fair, especially as, when, on the occasions you decide not to
    dashboard, you yourself actually chain-stab THEM.
    A chainstab for a chainstab. Those that i chainstab have shown full intent to do the same to me; meaning they have chainstabbed me before. I know the names of the forest inside and out by now.
    do unto others... blah blah..

    The system you've set up is quite transparent, if their is the slightest
    possibility you may lose, you will dashboard out; I imagine, not because
    you give a s**t about the souls, who does, but rather, you just can't face
    the prospect of losing.
    I have lost 6 times today. I just almost lost a seventh while writing this sentence. I could care less for the souls... but it's not my opinion that matters. It is my opponents opinion. And the gankers are after my souls! So like a child that has done wrong, i steal their award for playing ike a piece of ****. It's simple. And i will not stop doing it, just as you do not expect the gankers to stop.
    but unless their glitching i don't see what their doing wrong;
    If all their doing is acting like a**holes, you really just have
    to laugh at that s**t, I doubt half of them are being
    serious, just as I'm not being entirely serious writing all this
    s**t, infact I'm probably going to stop, sure, most of it holds
    true, though much is just thrown in for my own entertainment.
    Speaking of which....

    I feel it's a shame, you would abuse such a broken mechanic, and in such
    a callous, and cold hearted way; "Gankers" are people to, their just trying
    to have some fun, If you MUST resort to breaking the game to kill them
    (chain-backstabbing), as you freely admit you do, you clearly weren't good
    enough to beat them.
    Here is the irony... you're using the same argument i use to disprove that they deserved their kill, and trying to pin it on me. Rather i see myself as a agent of justice. I deny them their ill-gotten reward, because they do not deserve it. The gankers fail to understand they are not the only people playing this damn game. If they did, they would not be ganking, as most players do not find that fun to fight, and they know it.
    you go girl!

    Also, what Tolvo said.
    I wrote this over an hour, ecause I've been typing while waiting for PvP, which i get really quickly where i am. so i might have repeated something at some point.

    EDIT: New messages came in. So here is my only imput.
    The game manual says you are to summon phantoms to assist you with the area boss, not to face players in 3 vs 1 situations where they can not logically win without being a ***** about it.

    I find enjoyment in denying people what they do not deserve, but feel they should have regardless. I have lost, and continue to lose, countless duels. As anyone who has known me for a while on this forum can attest to, i make topics laughing about the hilarious ways i've been killed sometimes. I simply no longer will generate anything even remotely similar to fun for a ganker.

    -.-
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:13 pm

    In-case your wondering, no, i wasn't being serious with my posts.
    I was just trolling to be honest because i was bored But anyway,
    if you want to dash, go right ahead, i hardly think anyone would
    care, except perhaps gankers - if what they really are after is your
    souls. In which case yea i'd do that too. Screw them.


    Last edited by omega Elf on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain fart)
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 pm

    If they gain no rewards from their ill gotten goods, they also have no reason to continue. It is another way of stopping it. As I said, I believe we should all be friendly to one another always. But I understand if people wish to treat jerks like jerks. I understand if people wish to treat criminals like criminals.
    avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1739
    Reputation : 302
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Baal-Avatar on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 pm

    This thread has lasted long enough. Trolling and flaming are not allowed in the forums.

    Sponsored content

    Re: You know what i just realized?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 am