Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Knight Alundil
barrywilkins
lordgodofhell
omega Elf
GkMrBane
DarkW17
Rudmed
ithunktwice
Forum Pirate
Spurgun
Rifter7
Rynn
16 posters

You know what i just realized?

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

You know what i just realized? - Page 3 Empty Re: You know what i just realized?

Post by Rynn Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 pm

The people I'm fighting will chainstab me on a level 1 ust as much as they will chainstab me on a level 713. I appreciate the thought, but i'm not really in this for honor, just to kill those that lack it so entirely. Chainstabbing, DB spamming, and ganking will receive no souls from me, if i gave them souls, then they won, it doesn't matter how they did such, they don't care about anything but my souls.

You don't look at a child and go "oh shame on you, that was bad", and then let them keep the cookie they stole, so why should i let them keep the souls they stole either?

*** your honor standard.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

You know what i just realized? - Page 3 Empty Re: You know what i just realized?

Post by GkMrBane Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 am

Rynn wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:Very unquie build Rynn silly

Speaking of damage tests can you try one at MAX lvl for me....as I fellow rapier user I am curious if your stats would make it higher or not??

In my expirience buffing my rapier I always find that a crystal +5 will stat out higher than a reg +15 when buffed....just curious if this would still hold true with MAX stats?
    A +4 CRYSTAL version of a weapon is ALWAYS stronger then it's +15 variation if you have the same stats.

GMK: I'm positive you've not only fought me... but been murdered by me 4 times! If I'm correct, I'm probably on your friends list. I invaded you on my level 20 char, back in my griefing days.... It was in the depths, i chainstabbed you 4 times.

Not one of my prouder moments: but yes, we know each other. You were level 300 back then.

Red Soapstones work at any level. I no longer summon people via them though, as noone likes being summoned for a **** train by a level cap char.

@Omega: As i said, that is a politically incorrect rant, but here is how i see it: Gankers deserve nothing. Nor do chainstabbers. If you are currently practicing either of those methods of combat when you kill me, i will reinforce my will by dashboarding: because at the end of the day, it's my way or the highway.

Yes now I remeber that. . . . . . . chain Bs. . . . . . I almost forgot why I go through the depths hollow. Thanks for reminding me. i guess now if you'll exsuse me im going to cry in a corner for never having 1'uped you in battle.

Post Note: Thought I should add I can be noticed by my awesome break dancing and prayer walk.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 am

many times have i considered ragequitting when i invade gankers, or someone tries glitching. however, i follow the small voice inside me that says "take your unfair death LIKE A WARRIOR," That's not to say I don't agree with you disconnecting like that. I just feel that if i start doing stuff like that, where will I stop? One day I'd wake up and look into the mirror only to see You know what i just realized? - Page 3 3235151284 staring back at me.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 am

Seems like some things are appropriate sometimes, while other times its not. Hm. Perspective.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 am

barrywilkins wrote:many times have i considered ragequitting when i invade gankers, or someone tries glitching. however, i follow the small voice inside me that says "take your unfair death LIKE A WARRIOR," That's not to say I don't agree with you disconnecting like that. I just feel that if i start doing stuff like that, where will I stop? One day I'd wake up and look into the mirror only to see You know what i just realized? - Page 3 3235151284 staring back at me.
    You'd have more hp?
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 am

Rynn wrote:The people I'm fighting will chainstab me on a level 1 ust as much as they will chainstab me on a level 713. I appreciate the thought, but i'm not really in this for honor, just to kill those that lack it so entirely. Chainstabbing, DB spamming, and ganking will receive no souls from me, if i gave them souls, then they won, it doesn't matter how they did such, they don't care about anything but my souls.

You don't look at a child and go "oh shame on you, that was bad", and then let them keep the cookie they stole, so why should i let them keep the souls they stole either?

*** your honor standard.

if they are abusing some glitch then i would understand but chain stabbing is legit and often necessary, teaming up with another player is also legit and is either used by less skilled players to help even the odds against much more skilled or overpowered opponents, or to balance the odds against forrest hunters who themselves believe it or not also gank
    personally i don't mind as i like the challenge it presents its fun and is just a game after all, you yourself have the option to not fight vs gankers 1 vs 2 but you choose to do so for i would assume similar reasons
    so you can't really complain when in perhaps 100 or so fights 2 of your opponents manage to kill you, and seeing as you kill most of your opponents through 1hko bs your not really in a position to complain that when faced with such an opponent these players team up and try to chain stab you as you've proved as fact over 10 hours that this is the only possible way to kill you and obviously why the chain bs mechanic was implemented in this game as no player deserves to be 100% unbeatable
    anyway lets face it getting kills through bs of any kind takes little to no skill in this game against anyone but the most skilled opponents and so if they do manage to get a bs on you i would say they deserve a cookie and certainly not for you to glitch out

Last edited by omega Elf on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:52 am

omega Elf wrote:If they were abusing some glitch then I would understand, but chain stabbing is legit (often necessary,) and teaming up with another player is also legit, and is either used by less skilled players to help even the odds against much more skilled opponents (or overpowered opponents,) or to balance the odds against forest hunters, who themselves, believe it or not, also gank.

Personally, I don't mind, as I like the challenge it presents, its fun, and is just a game after all. You have the option to not fight vs gankers or in 1 vs 2 but you choose to do so, for what I would assume are similar reasons, so you can't really complain when, in perhaps 100 or so fights, 2 of your opponents manage to kill you. Seeing as you kill most of your opponents with a 1hko bs, you're not really in a position to complain that when faced with such an opponent. These players team up and try to chain stab you, as you've proven, over 10 hours, that this is the only possible way to kill you. Obviously that is why the chain bs mechanic was implemented in this game, no player deserves to be 100% unbeatable.

Anyway, lets face it getting kills through bs of any kind takes little to no skill in this game against any but the most skilled opponents, so if they do manage to get a bs on you, I would say they deserve a cookie and certainly not to for you to glitch out.
    There, now you're not so difficult to understand. Punctuation is a wonderful thing, even just a little is helpful.

My response is "to each their own." It is a game, after all.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:If they were abusing some glitch then I would understand, but chain stabbing is legit (often necessary,) and teaming up with another player is also legit, and is either used by less skilled players to help even the odds against much more skilled opponents (or overpowered opponents,) or to balance the odds against forest hunters, who themselves, believe it or not, also gank.

Personally, I don't mind, as I like the challenge it presents, its fun, and is just a game after all. You have the option to not fight vs gankers or in 1 vs 2 but you choose to do so, for what I would assume are similar reasons, so you can't really complain when, in perhaps 100 or so fights, 2 of your opponents manage to kill you. Seeing as you kill most of your opponents with a 1hko bs, you're not really in a position to complain that when faced with such an opponent. These players team up and try to chain stab you, as you've proven, over 10 hours, that this is the only possible way to kill you. Obviously that is why the chain bs mechanic was implemented in this game, no player deserves to be 100% unbeatable.

Anyway, lets face it getting kills through bs of any kind takes little to no skill in this game against any but the most skilled opponents, so if they do manage to get a bs on you, I would say they deserve a cookie and certainly not to for you to glitch out.
    There, now you're not so difficult to understand. Punctuation is a wonderful thing, even just a little is helpful.

My response is "to each their own." It is a game, after all.

Shouldn't (often necessary,) be (often necessary), ?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 am

I'm not sure, its possible. That isn't my understanding of commas work in ""s so I assumed.

My point with that was: run on sentences get incredibly difficult for me to read or understand, and as the length increases it gets more difficult very quickly. I'm positive I'm not alone in possessing this opinion, though I do read a lot, so its possible that the lack of punctuation simply confuses me, because I'm not used to its absence.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:31 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I'm not sure, its possible. That isn't my understanding of commas work in ""s so I assumed.

My point with that was: run on sentences get incredibly difficult for me to read or understand, and as the length increases it gets more difficult very quickly. I'm positive I'm not alone in possessing this opinion, though I do read a lot, so its possible that the lack of punctuation simply confuses me, because I'm not used to its absence.

Fair enough. I don't read all that much myself bar forums and the like, so my English probably isn't all that good (you pick up bad habits); I'll try and make it easier to understand in the future.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:55 pm

omega Elf wrote:

if they are abusing some glitch then i would understand but chain stabbing is legit and often necessary, teaming up with another player is also legit and is either used by less skilled players to help even the odds against much more skilled or overpowered opponents, or to balance the odds against forrest hunters who themselves believe it or not also gank
    personally i don't mind as i like the challenge it presents its fun and is just a game after all, you yourself have the option to not fight vs gankers 1 vs 2 but you choose to do so for i would assume similar reasons
    so you can't really complain when in perhaps 100 or so fights 2 of your opponents manage to kill you, and seeing as you kill most of your opponents through 1hko bs your not really in a position to complain that when faced with such an opponent these players team up and try to chain stab you as you've proved as fact over 10 hours that this is the only possible way to kill you and obviously why the chain bs mechanic was implemented in this game as no player deserves to be 100% unbeatable
    anyway lets face it getting kills through bs of any kind takes little to no skill in this game against anyone but the most skilled opponents and so if they do manage to get a bs on you i would say they deserve a cookie and certainly not for you to glitch out
    Counterpoint: These same players would chainstab me regardless of if i backstabbed them for 1 hit 1 kill or not: as we have been chainstabbed insurmountable times until i started to fight them with their own tactics. Furthermore, Chain Backstabs occur because if you press any buttons while standing up, you break an invulnerability built into the backstabs. If you push no buttons, you have 0.5 seconds of backstab invulnerability, but this invulnerability period breaks when we move, thereby proving that chainstabbing is NOT an intended game feature, and should not be treated as such.

as for 2 v 1: you can not control if you must fight this. Gankers stand on top of your spawn point, and if they fail to do such, a ganker will always rush you at wherever you do spawn. Often you do not have time to use your black crystal. If it was genuinely my intent to face a 2 v 1, i would not be dashboarded when i loose one, but as these players are being a detriment to the entire community, i see it as my job to crush them completely and entirely, and unlike a darkmoon, i will not award them for beating me.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 pm

I tried to waltz into the forest months ago and duel gankers....its about as productive as banging your head against a wall IMO!

The only tactic is to go for OHKO's if you wanna be a good forest hunter PERIOD end of story enough said please if you have spent more than 10 minutes as a hunter you would already know this!

Its funny that you meantion that 'rushing in' mentality Rynn its sooooo true of gankers....hey there's 3 of us and 1 of him and he's mostly naked let's get him...then all 3 proceed to rush you....duh dumn move that's the easiest way to land a BS is backing up then rushing them for a pivot....I just pickem off 1 by 1 till its just the host then I make it a point to parry him for a OHKO!!

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:06 pm

DarkW17 wrote:I tried to waltz into the forest months ago and duel gankers....its about as productive as banging your head against a wall IMO!

The only tactic is to go for OHKO's if you wanna be a good forest hunter PERIOD end of story enough said please if you have spent more than 10 minutes as a hunter you would already know this!

Its funny that you meantion that 'rushing in' mentality Rynn its sooooo true of gankers....hey there's 3 of us and 1 of him and he's mostly naked let's get him...then all 3 proceed to rush you....duh dumn move that's the easiest way to land a BS is backing up then rushing them for a pivot....I just pickem off 1 by 1 till its just the host then I make it a point to parry him for a OHKO!!

I make no such points, i just kill the host.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Rynn wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:

Counterpoint: These same players would chainstab me regardless of if i backstabbed them for 1 hit 1 kill or not: as we have been chainstabbed insurmountable times until i started to fight them with their own tactics. Furthermore, Chain Backstabs occur because if you press any buttons while standing up, you break an invulnerability built into the backstabs. If you push no buttons, you have 0.5 seconds of backstab invulnerability, but this invulnerability period breaks when we move, thereby proving that chainstabbing is NOT an intended game feature, and should not be treated as such.

as for 2 v 1: you can not control if you must fight this. Gankers stand on top of your spawn point, and if they fail to do such, a ganker will always rush you at wherever you do spawn. Often you do not have time to use your black crystal. If it was genuinely my intent to face a 2 v 1, i would not be dashboarded when i loose one, but as these players are being a detriment to the entire community, i see it as my job to crush them completely and entirely, and unlike a darkmoon, i will not award them for beating me.

Chain-stabbing IS an intended game feature, and should be treated as
    such. If you don't wish to be chain-stabbed, don't put yourself in a
    position to be back-stabbed in the first place.
    The worst thing you can do, if you are trying to avoid being
    chain-stabbed, is for you yourself to be fishing for back-stabs, it puts
    you in a very vulnerable position.

And anyway, what's worse after all, being chain-stabbed to death, or
    being 1hko back-stabbed to death, the outcome is the same after all, the
    chain-stab just takes more skill, plus theirs a reasonable chance you
    will escape a chain-stab.

It's the Divine Spamming, 1hko, ***-style, I so often see, that creates
    all these Gankers in the first place. It doesn't help the community in the slightest,
    and to remove their only effective counter - the chain-backstab, you would
    simply force them into finding, perhaps less legitimate means in which to kill you;
    As, after all, that IS the point of the game, to KILL you; Not to restrict
    their play-style, in such a way that you cannot be beaten, which would then
    be the case.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Oh I know you go right for the host....that's what I do is pick them off one by one lol!

I was more trying to respond to the 'rushing in' comment you made....I find that all gankers see me and rush right at me all at once...making them easy pray for a OHKO pivot BS!

And that using a OHKO setup is the only way to forest hunt... since that is what 90% of the people are trying to do!

Edit oh and this OHKO stuff is also the reason I mostly Host the forest now at low lvls and attempt to duel hunters!
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:28 pm

barrywilkins wrote:many times have i considered ragequitting when i invade gankers, or someone tries glitching. however, i follow the small voice inside me that says "take your unfair death LIKE A WARRIOR," That's not to say I don't agree with you disconnecting like that. I just feel that if i start doing stuff like that, where will I stop? One day I'd wake up and look into the mirror only to see You know what i just realized? - Page 3 3235151284 staring back at me.
    I just laughed soooo hard after reading that post lol!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:41 am

omega Elf wrote:
    Chain-stabbing IS an intended game feature.
    Rynn wrote:Chain Backstabs occur because if you press any buttons while standing up, you break an invulnerability built into the backstabs. If you push no buttons, you have 0.5 seconds of backstab invulnerability, but this invulnerability period breaks when we move, thereby proving that chainstabbing is NOT an intended game feature, and should not be treated as such.
    I'm not going to debate anything further until you understand how the games features work and don't work. Claiming chainstabbing is intended is as silly as claiming the Dragonhead and other spell swaps are an intended mechanic. If they must resort to breaking the game to kill me, they were not good enough to beat me.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 am

I've been very tempted to do this myself lately. I actually fight the gankers and often I don't go for a one shot unless they are doing someone like Dragon Bow Backstabbing. But with the rise of 99DB's in everyone inventory, killing them has become a real chore. Last night I had a forty five minute fight where I'm pretty sure my enemy went through around eighty Divine Blessings in Total before they managed to kill me and taunt over my body. I lost the fight and gained no souls for leveling up the character to SL191. All of that time and effort with nothing to pay off. Probably there is a video of me now on youtube, "Stupid Hunter Won't Learn to Give Up." Frankly I'm thinking about leaving the PvP scene in general until the DLC comes out, and only if it fixes many of the glaring problems which it probably won't. PvP is also a big part of the time I spend playing this game and I just can't enjoy it anymore. Duelists are summoning me to only turn out to be doing the dragon roar glitch as I spawn, gankers are having max possible health meaning that fighting them is impossible with their seemingly infinite divine blessings. I don't know when things got this bad or if I just ignored it before, but this game's community has utterly gone to hell. And I just don't want to be a part of it anymore.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 am

Tolvo wrote:I've been very tempted to do this myself lately. I actually fight the gankers and often I don't go for a one shot unless they are doing someone like Dragon Bow Backstabbing. But with the rise of 99DB's in everyone inventory, killing them has become a real chore. Last night I had a forty five minute fight where I'm pretty sure my enemy went through around eighty Divine Blessings in Total before they managed to kill me and taunt over my body. I lost the fight and gained no souls for leveling up the character to SL191. All of that time and effort with nothing to pay off. Probably there is a video of me now on youtube, "Stupid Hunter Won't Learn to Give Up." Frankly I'm thinking about leaving the PvP scene in general until the DLC comes out, and only if it fixes many of the glaring problems which it probably won't. PvP is also a big part of the time I spend playing this game and I just can't enjoy it anymore. Duelists are summoning me to only turn out to be doing the dragon roar glitch as I spawn, gankers are having max possible health meaning that fighting them is impossible with their seemingly infinite divine blessings. I don't know when things got this bad or if I just ignored it before, but this game's community has utterly gone to hell. And I just don't want to be a part of it anymore.
    i have no attachment to this game community any more either.
    i expected this thread to start a fight on the forum actually, because for all intents and purposes what i'm doing is far more dishornorable then ganking.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:11 am

When I do say the game's community however, I don't mean this Forum's. I do love this forum for the most part, but it only represents a smaller portion of those who play the game.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 am

This forum is a major minority. We are such a minority that other forums point at us and laugh. I simply do not care for those that will laugh at other forums however. i never see us make fun of the other forums, so i -do- consider this forum a better place as a result.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 am

Being nice isn't popular on the internet sadly.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am

popularity is a silly thing to seek.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:26 am

I don't think in regards to making an idea popular, that's something I'd love to see.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 am

That avatar creeps me out Tolvo. Damn painted eyes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 am