Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
BackwardsBaboon
Heroez Blade
Baiulus
7 posters

Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC?

Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC? Empty Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC?

Post by Baiulus Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Dark Souls in one of my favorite games, but I can't help but feel that they could have taken the covenant feature a bit further..
    Some things I felt they were going to do more with, but never did, such as Shiva. Alvina and himself go out of their ways to make him seem like he's going to do something dastardly at some point, but it never happens; and I've always found that disappointing...

Besides things they just failed to fully go through with, I feel like some of the covenants were kind of slapped on. Way of the White, one of the first covenants you'll have access to, has no features whatsoever, besides making phantoms invade you less. While being invaded less is most certainly a perk at the beginning of the game, other covenants have shrines and leaders for you to progress inside the covenant, something which eludes Way of the White.

Those are just a few examples...
    I'm not really complaining, as I'm sure there was tons of time and effort put into the game; and the covenants are still a nice feature. I'm just hoping we'll be able to do more with covenants in the near future..
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC? Empty Re: Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC?

Post by Heroez Blade Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:07 pm

I did not hear anything about cov expansions, but i 100% agree that something should be done. I hope they do something more with the chaos cov. Its one of the coolest sounding covs i just wish there was some feature that allowed you to invade while being a chaos servant.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC? Empty Re: Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC?

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:20 pm

And Princess' Guard...really? WTF? You're supposed to protect the princess? How? I had to kill her CLOSEST guards (the boss) just to reach her, so I'm now in a dead area, with no real hope for pvp unless I...KILL THE PRINCESS! Has there been any implication of Covenant expansion in the DLC? 3358384175

Yea, not a fully fleshed out covenant if you ask me.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 pm

And those coins... they deserve more than just being there to be Frampt's... err... food.

@Baiulus
    Despite what she said, Alvina seems to be pretty comfortable around Shiva. In the dynamic theme I downloaded for example, she is sleeping soundly while Shiva would stand guard right there, next to her (once in a while, he would approach the camera and does the Uncle Sam's "I want you" thing...)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:40 pm

I want more and better exclusive rewards, things that only work while still a member.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Bloodios, according to the wiki, it was leaked that Shiva was supposed to be an evil character. He was apparently supposed to have a black eye orb to invade his world. Plus, he does that evil laugh thing when you talk to him sometime. You couldn't make him more villainous unless he had a curly mustache under that helmet.

Exclusive rewards would add to all of the covenants. Maybe throw in a quest kind of thing. "Some hollow jacked my favorite cat toy. Get it back, bruh!" -Alvina's quest dialogue, although From might have her phrase it differently...
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:05 pm

More ranks I say! Make it worth ranking up more unique items even if they are
    only vanity items.

More unique covenant abilities/gear/spells..
    And maybe a couple passive bonuses or something?

This game is great! And has great potential to be so SO much more!
    Damn Namco for shipping it..

(Assuming it was Namco who wanted it shipped in its current state)
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Baiulus wrote:Bloodios, according to the wiki, it was leaked that Shiva was supposed to be an evil character. He was apparently supposed to have a black eye orb to invade his world. Plus, he does that evil laugh thing when you talk to him sometime. You couldn't make him more villainous unless he had a curly mustache under that helmet.
    I know, I saw the text dumps. I never doubt that he's a villain. It's just that Alvina seems to be pretty comfortable around him, despite her suspicion is all.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Alvina seems to be OLD. Like, "Artorias' buddy" old. I'm pretty sure he's magical as heck, and does not fear any physical menace.

It's like sleeping with Velociraptors when you are completely made of titanium.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:21 pm