Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
bmurn
Tolvo
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Heroez Blade
befowler
BackwardsBaboon
RNsunbro
isthefridge
Rifter7
13 posters

seriously people.. can we agree on something?

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

seriously people.. can we agree on something? Empty seriously people.. can we agree on something?

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:51 am

you know.. i don't mind people fishing, i dont mind ganking, i dont really mind anything done in the game because its a game..

but if there's one F'ing thing i hate the most...
    its putting soapstone messages and signs in annoying places.

why do people put them in the goaly net in burg? did you really HAVE to
    put the sign RIGHT on the bonfire? i think i can tell thats a bloody
    lever you painted with your soapstone, oh btw the 2 giants introduced
    their halberd to my *** while i was reading that.

seriously, we don't care if you "need head" lmao. STAP IT!
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

seriously people.. can we agree on something? Empty Re: seriously people.. can we agree on something?

Post by isthefridge Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 am

or at the red kick ladder. " try kicking "
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

seriously people.. can we agree on something? Empty Re: seriously people.. can we agree on something?

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 am

try jumping...
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:05 am

The countless number of "Here!"s above ladders, in front of NPCs, bonfires, etc is really obnoxious. The message system in this game is terrible compared to Demon's.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am

Try holding with both hands...
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 am

Amazing chest ahead.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 am

Obviously many of the badly placed ones are intentional trolls, like all the ones in front of the cathedral doors lever in Anor Londo that make it really hard to open the door without getting flattened with a giant halberd. Some are funny though, the highest rated one I've ever seen was a 130+ one in Firelink in front of the bonfire that said "imminent bonfire". There are also weird meta games going on, in one spot in the burg I'm pretty sure someone tried to spell out "Hi" using messages to form giant fiery letters, and in one of the little alcoves on the main Anor Londo walkway there are three competing "sadness" "resignation" "happiness" ones in a line that show up from time to time with really high ratings.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:50 am

I hate anoying messages like the ones in front of blacksmiths and bonfires and the ones beside cliffs that say "try jumping" are just stupid. The only messages i place in the game are when i get to a really challenging spot and then i say "i did it" or "here".
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 am

I dont have trouble with messages, mainly because I tend to ignore them. You have to realize that, even though some messages are nonsense and dont need to be there, others could be people trying to offer friendly hints. And if a message is blocking a lever or ladder, than just wait a few seconds until you can toggle between the two action options. Or if you know that the area your coming to is usually infested with messages, try playing offline, atleast until you clear that area and are not worried about using levers or ladders in that area anymore.
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Most (potentially) annoying thing I do is while gravelording, I'll put 5 or 6 "imminent curses" all clustered together in one area, often in a pattern pointing to where I will be standing.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 pm

i tried that with a summon on xbox, they don't see your messages all the time. the guy was in private chat so i could ask him immediately after putting it down and later again.

so.. yeah that actually doesnt work hahah. they'll only see chunks of your messages listed because they load weird like that.

i'll admit it tho...
    i'm that guy who puts thrust? behind the dead body hanging over the well in firelink. first time i saw that from someone else i laughed more than i should have..
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:09 pm

"Alright, time to take another picture to catalog the artwork of Dark Souls. Perfect, everything is lined up just right, now to...GOD DAMNIT A MESSAGE JUST APPEARED! AHHHH!"
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 pm

I did once enjoy the "I did it message" next to a dead body. I took it to mean they were confessing to the murder. At the time it struck me as funny.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm

One that made me chuckle was the time I saw a message in one of the corners in the garden part of the Archives. Fought my way to the giants only for the message to be "Imminent Dead-end".

Also, people didn't seem to like the message I posted about a quarter of teh way into Quelaag's Lair saying "Boss Ahead"...
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Ohhhh, how I miss the classic Demon Souls message. "Do not proceed without Sticky White Stuff."
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:55 pm

My favorite was three lined up leading to Gwenevere's chambers

amazing chest ahead folllowed by

need head then the icing on the cake was

try beating to a pulp.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:37 pm

I've gave up leaving messages altogether after my message 'sniper spot' on the stairs in Anno Londo (the ones opposite the Black Knight) was totally ignored and yet another one step down saying the same thing was given votes. Mine was there first too. Frankly the messaging system in Dark Souls sucks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:47 pm