Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RANT
retention_sb
bloodpixel
SoulsDark
8 posters

Where should my build stats end?

SoulsDark
    SoulsDark

Where should my build stats end? Empty Where should my build stats end?

Post by SoulsDark Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 pm

SL : 51
    Vitality : 20
    Attunement : 8(base)
    Endurance : 19
    Strength : 27
    Dexterity : 30
    Resistance : 11(base)
    Intelligence : 9(base)
    Faith : 9(base)

Based on my play style I prefer to use any and all types of Dexterity weapons as well as strength weapons to get the scaling from both. My main stats are Vitality, Endurance, Strength and Dexterity.
    With PvP and PvE in mind, what would be should be the max stats
    for these 4 and why?

Last edited by SoulsDark on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Where should my build stats end? Empty Re: Where should my build stats end?

Post by bloodpixel Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Dexterity is best maxed at 40, since after that it will not increase damage very much.
    retention_sb
    retention_sb

Post by retention_sb Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 pm

40 dex and strength then pick a weapon that scales good with both like the claymore
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:46 pm

you could try the murakumo
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 am

Endurance should be maxed at 40 too. After that, you won't receive any extra stamina. For PvP, Vitality should be at least 40.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:08 am

reim0027 wrote:Endurance should be maxed at 40 too. After that, you won't receive any extra stamina. For PvP, Vitality should be at least 40.

Pretty sure it continues to increase until 50, at that point it stops.
    SoulsDark
    SoulsDark

Post by SoulsDark Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:15 am

Another question : When do diminishing returns start for Dexterity based and Strength based weapons?
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:16 am

Someone posted this earlier, was pretty useful.

https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:20 am

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=V2FycmlvciwxMTUsNDAsOCw0MCw0MCw0MCwxMSw5LDk=

That's pretty simple, but in effect what you seem to want to go for. I'd probably still tinker around with it if I were you, just to specify it to your specific desired playstyle.

Now, you technically still have 5-10 points that you could allocate as you like (that's only SL115 and the cap is 120-125), which I would use to snag a couple of ATT slots and maybe utilize a bit of Pyromancy. Still, you could up your STR to 46 or so to meet the requirements for heavier weapons if you like, you've got options.

These stats, though, would give you the best advantage while one-handing a weapon that scales with both STR and DEX (C/C scaling is the best split you get, I think).
    If you want to two-hand a weapon, you only need about 2/3 as much STR than DEX (for my Murakumo build, capping my STR at 28 and pushing my DEX to 40 allows me to effectively utilize C/C scaling weapons two-handed, including the Composite Bow and Dragonslayer Greatbow).
    Of course, two handing a weapon at 40 in both STR and DEX won't hurt you at all...but if you plan on two-handing, you could save the points in STR and put them into something else, perhaps some FTH for a few support miracles or whatever the hell you want.

With more details on how you want to play, the more specific it can get. Sorry if anything is confusing, lemme know and I can clarify.
    SoulsDark
    SoulsDark

Post by SoulsDark Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 am

In my build I will need the most possible damage out of a weapon that scales with both strength and dexterity.I tend to lean on 2h but i will always go to 1h if the situation calls for it so this is mostly a problem of how much strength diminishes after 28 I will probably never put any points into faith or intelligence but attunement to use some fire spells and buffs. Based on this, what do you think is the best suited weapon for my build suppose I put 40 points into Dex and str?
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:09 am

SoulsDark wrote:Another question : When do diminishing returns start for Dexterity based and Strength based weapons?

Depends on their scaling grade. But usually, it's pointless to go beyond 40. As for weapons, Murakumo scales for A in Dex, E in Strength once fully upgraded. Claymore is a decent C in both. If you're planning to go 40/40, I'd advice for the Claymore since 40 points in Strength to use the Murakumo would be a plain waste.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 am

For your money, the Claymore would be one of the best weapons with the C/C split. It's not too slow, but hits pretty hard. This, though, makes it a popular PvP weapon.

If you're looking for something a little more hard-hitting, the Stone Greatsword might be a decent bet (literally need all 40 STR, but it's one of two true greatswords to split C/C). I've never used it, but I can't imagine that it would be disappointing. The only downside (for you, at least) is that its two-handed hard attack casts the miracle Tranquil Walk of Peace...but given you'll be at 40/40 you should be able to use it one-handed and ignore the miracle if you so desire (though at least give it a shot against PvE mobs).

Your absolute best bet Greatsword-wise would probably be the Crystal Greatsword. The scaling is C/C, it has no weird miracle-attacks, and it's not a Twinkling weapon (Stone GS is a Twinkling Weapon). Plus, it's crystal! Unfortunately, that means it cannot be repaired. That's a big downside, but Domhall of Zena sells them so you could potentially stock up. Getting them all to +14 (as using slabs to go to +15 would seemingly be a waste) might get tedious - still, you can buy Shards and Large Shards and farm Chunks in the Kiln, so its far from impossible.

Gravelord Sword has E/E scaling, so it's not the best, but the main attraction is its Toxic status effect you can inflict on your enemies...just an idea if you're into that. You're getting the best bonus possible from the scaling, even though its not the best scaling ever.

If you're looking for a bit of a challenge, a Sunlight Straight Sword or the Darksword wouldn't be bad options - they're longswords, so they're not the most heavy-hitting, but with those stats you'll be stretching their damage as far as they'll go. Plus, they're quick. I rarely see them in PvP, but I've used the Barbed Straight Sword a bit, and combined with a little Pyromancy, I was actually surprised at how much success I found - I honestly don't see it that much different than fighting with an Iaito or Uchi (which are popular).

So yeah. Zweihander, regular Greatsword, Greataxe, Golem Axe, Black Knight Weapons (Sword, Greatsword, Greataxe), Murakumo and the Balder Side Sword all lean more one way than the other (either toward STR or toward DEX), but would all deliver satisfactory damage, I'm sure, too. Check out the weapons page on the wiki, I couldn't possibly list them all...

Just remember, maximum damage isn't necessarily the best option - the right moveset can save your life quicker than an extra 50 points of damage could any day, in my opinion.

Hope you find something you like.
    SoulsDark
    SoulsDark

Post by SoulsDark Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:02 am

At this point I'm sure that my Dex and Str will be 40/40 as I was intending to make good use of C/C weapons. Weapons that are fast and hit relatively hard are my favorites.(obviously)
    Now the final thing I want to ask is what would be a good C/C weapon that is fast when used 2h, I'm thinking about claymore but I'm not sure if there is something powerful as well as fast for me.I know maximum damage isn't the best option that's why my build is utilizing Speed and power.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 am