Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Azran
ViralEnsign_
RaynexFall
7 posters

Opinions on RP for DkS or RP in general

RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Opinions on RP for DkS or RP in general Empty Opinions on RP for DkS or RP in general

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:02 am

Yeah, i wanted to know who likes RP'ing for Dark Souls, and who does it avidly. as i love rp, i'd love to find others who like the same. so if you don't mind tell me some about your RP'ing in general, or just about your DkS RP's.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Opinions on RP for DkS or RP in general Empty Re: Opinions on RP for DkS or RP in general

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:12 am

I like the writing/ character development aspect of it. Im personally not all that interested in the whole RP games/ message board games scene but if I channel a good character/ find a way to make a story out of it then Im all for it.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Opinions on RP for DkS or RP in general Empty Re: Opinions on RP for DkS or RP in general

Post by Azran Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 am

I feel like RPing is easier in Demon's Souls; the lore is way more open ended.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 am

well, lol personally i've never really RP'ed a game, most of the RP's i've been in are person made, like the current one i'm on, it's going on 50 pages or so currently, and imo is rather nice, and fun, now for RP'ing Dark Souls will be easier to me than RP'ing others, as it's an RPG, and a quite fun one at that.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:51 pm

Id like to RP for DkS but the hordes of other players that play by the stats tend to get in the way.

otherwise. i love RPing my character in games. It sets my Limits, it challenges me. and i find that very fun

(Freelancer: Discovery was excellent. id play it again too if my saves weren't corrupted)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:07 am

I have a character worth ascending to the heights of Lordran. Would definateky RP if we ever RPed... But I think that won't ever happen.

KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:10 am

I Would Acidic!!!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:43 am

Praise the Hollowing!

:sign:

I see him in my head right now... Poor lad. I know his story from beginning to end
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:I see him in my head right now... Poor lad. I know his story from beginning to end

"Proper story's supposed to start at the beginning. Ain't so simple with this one"

+1 If you get the reference. silly

I'd love to RP too; I always liked to make non-human characters; not in shape mind you, but in motivation.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:25 am

I have non-human characters as well in both cases of motivation and shape. I understand what you are saying, I've had characters who had lacked human aspects. Some such as ones of animal instinct only or one who lacks emotion and functions similar to a machine
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:54 am

my favorite RP character is still my Fallout brute named "Bonk"

He only uses his favorite sledge hammer
    and he has an uncontrollable appetite and eats everything he sees
    dumb as a stick, only has 1 intelligence but 10 in strength
    total chem head, constantly in withdrawal but beefy and strong
    has the urge to horde toy cars (im up to 50-somethin)
    and to top it off, he always flips his s#it and goes nuts on everyone in a room if he fails a speech/intelligence check

needless to say its been entertaining
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:52 am

I love to dumb characters. It's like playing Deus Ex Human Revolution and throwing stuff at people.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS."
    "Because I can, Lady. NOW GET BACK UNDER THE GARBAGE CONTAINER."

So, what would you people propose? A Fight Club/Roleplay mix?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 am

Azran you mean like the covenants section? Where we have an RP tread?
    The-Fiction
    The-Fiction

Post by The-Fiction Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 am

I do enjoy roleplaying, I always had a character background for my Elder Scrolls and Final
    Fantasy XI characters, as well as playing D&D. However I've never really been involved in roleplaying in the dark souls world apart from my sun bros paladin.

I shall have to try some dark souls roleplaying. A D&D campaign based in Lordran...hmmm...
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:03 am

a D&D campaign set in Lordran... that actually sounds rather fun, as I myself play D&D with a couple friends whenever we actually get the chance.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:04 am

Hmmm, I think Lordran's revival mechanic takes a lot away from D&D. Although I wouldnt mind playing 3.0/3.5 with people from the forum.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:08 am

it would be quite fun, but you don't have to have the revival mechanic, thats only the dark sign, and players wouldn't necessarily need it. though they could run into people with it occasionally. lol... all depends on the DM really.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:28 am

DoughGuy wrote:Azran you mean like the covenants section? Where we have an RP tread?

Herp Derp I fail. Sorry, I think I've visited that section like five times during all the time I've been here.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:31 am

Haha its cool. I know not everyone has an interest in it.
    The-Fiction
    The-Fiction

Post by The-Fiction Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 am

I've only played 4th edition D&D but wouldn't mind playing any version with the people here. As Rayne said you wouldn't have to have the dark sign, would be more tense as humans going through Lordran, with the threat of hollowing never far away.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:07 am

4th edition! Never talk to me again silly
    I've only ever played 3.5 cause its what my group uses. It also has heroes of horror, which includes a sanity system (or it miught be in core somewhere) and a taint system so it would be perfect for Lordran.
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:08 am

lol... before we all go planning some sort of Lordran D&D campaign, were would it be held? over the forums? lol.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:15 am

We can do it over the forums or over skype. Skype would be far better as I dont think any of us have experience in PbP games and it could get confusing. But there's an even bigger question, who DMs?
    RaynexFall
    RaynexFall
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RaynexFall Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:19 am

PbP? (lol shows what i know) and that is a good question, well it would have to be someone who knows a lot of Lordrans lore. so that drops me... lol (not a good DM anyways, haha)

also, i doubt skype would work for me as mine randomly closes out on me... (**** linux) yeah i use a linux comp since my windows hard drive died and i don't have the money to replace the OS... (doesn't use pirate bay)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:22 am

lol linux. PbP is post by post. I also realised time zones would be a ***** to figure out for sessions. And I have no experience DMing, so I could write up all the lore the DM would need, but couldnt do the job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 pm