Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Uparkaam
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
zzombieboy
7 posters

Butcher's Knife Build?

zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Butcher's Knife Build? Empty Butcher's Knife Build?

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:54 pm

I never see the Butcher Knife in PvP, and I think it's swag so I decided to make a build for it silly What do you guys think?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4548392125311844

I'v never really played a strength build before, so still figuring out the tactics. I like the knife though....dat 1handed strong attack Look Skyward
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Butcher's Knife Build? Empty Re: Butcher's Knife Build?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:10 pm

I don't think I'd make the LC Chaos. Why remove its A scaling when you're cultivating a Strength build?

Could keep it normal and buff it with Rotten Resin to really build up that poison.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Yeah! That weapon is beast! I used it a lot when I started Forest hunting. Lots of good memories with that weapon.

I'm not entirely sure about that large club. When you make a build around the butcher's knife, why would you use the large club? Maybe remove it so you can take a few points away from END to make it SL 120?
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:20 pm

I never really find a chance to reapply buffs mid fight without getting whaled on. I chuck dung pies to make up for it though happy I would have made the large club +15, but it was already chaos and I don't have any more regular titanite slabs sad

Uparkaam, its for when SLB runs out, and as I understand it the 2handed roll attack is unparryable. I also don't really like any other strength weapons (I don't like to stunlock, which you can't easily do with either of these).

Edit: I should also add I'm gravelording with this guy, and most people invading through my sign don't seem to like waiting until I've finished fighting my current opponent lol, so lots of damage in a hit is useful!
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 pm

In my Introduction to PvP, I have a Butcher's Knife build that I personally think is better than what you currently have posted for dueling. I cannot suggest Gravelord Greatsword Dance if you can't reliably pivot cancel it. Otherwise it leaves you way too open for backstabs, unless you can trick your opponent into not approaching. Should you stick with your original build, then you'll find the spell to be much more effective if you can do a few pivot-cancels before the actual cast. It will be especially required because of your low Dexterity, but this is a skill that will carry over onto different builds you may make. Also, you should learn to create more space using your Large Club to let you be able to apply your buff.

If you want to learn how to use the Large Club better, here is the build I suggest for it. You have six casts of Wrath of the Gods so that you can get a quick attack in to finish the fight, or tack on some more damage. Spamming it will result in your doom, however, as you don't have the Dexterity to support any large amount of casting. You have the Thorn Chest to help cancel poor roll backstab attempts to your roll attacks, but, to get the most out of the Large Club, try using the normal weak attack. It has impressive range, and good damage; your opponent will soon learn of the deceptive speed of the attack. It isn't as backstab punishable as the roll attack, and, combined with the Thorn Chest, only well executed backstabs to predicted attacks will get you. Also remember to apply Poison Resin to the Large Club, and use some Poison Arrows; you'll be guaranteed to see that healthy purple glow on your opponent.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:13 pm

roanispe wrote:In my Introduction to PvP, I have a Butcher's Knife build that I personally think is better than what you currently have posted for dueling. I cannot suggest Gravelord Greatsword Dance if you can't reliably pivot cancel it. Otherwise it leaves you way too open for backstabs, unless you can trick your opponent into not approaching. Should you stick with your original build, then you'll find the spell to be much more effective if you can do a few pivot-cancels before the actual cast. It will be especially required because of your low Dexterity, but this is a skill that will carry over onto different builds you may make. Also, you should learn to create more space using your Large Club to let you be able to apply your buff.

If you want to learn how to use the Large Club better, here is the build I suggest for it. You have six casts of Wrath of the Gods so that you can get a quick attack in to finish the fight, or tack on some more damage. Spamming it will result in your doom, however, as you don't have the Dexterity to support any large amount of casting. You have the Thorn Chest to help cancel poor roll backstab attempts to your roll attacks, but, to get the most out of the Large Club, try using the normal weak attack. It has impressive range, and good damage; your opponent will soon learn of the deceptive speed of the attack. It isn't as backstab punishable as the roll attack, and, combined with the Thorn Chest, only well executed backstabs to predicted attacks will get you. Also remember to apply Poison Resin to the Large Club, and use some Poison Arrows; you'll be guaranteed to see that healthy purple glow on your opponent.

Thanks for the info happy I checked out your build as well, and no offence intended, but I wouldn't be seen dead in any piece of the giants armour or a family mask, never mind both together silly I've never liked them, but now I HATE them with on a completely irrational level; I'd rather have fun and look good while doing it than use the ganker-gear silly

Edit: Also, the gravelord miracle is to stall TwOP trolls and, well, because I'm a gravelord silly I'm good at pivot cancelling as well. I do it all the time on my Xanthous King RP build
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Well, so long as you know it's irrational, then be caught dead in whatever you want! Good to hear you can pivot-cancel, you might have more success with Gravelord Sword than I thought you would. On the Large Club build you can switch the Giant's Legs to Black Iron, but you'll waste 0.5 weight. However, it still hits a breakpoint, and can take 2 two-handed Katana hits. Enjoy the game however you want, but unless it is explicitly mentioned something isn't wanted, I'll optimise to the best of my ability to provide the most useful build I can. Also, don't worry about people using TWoP; the miracle is barely functional as it stands to even an unprepared load out.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Haha! I had to take a break from the game, because I started getting urges to hatemail spam everyone I saw in giants + family mask. That's how irrational my hatred got lol. I appreciate you helping out though, really. Your intro to PvP thread is very very good happy

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 am

http://tinyurl.com/6rm5axr thats my kinda mildred cosplay, i like the butchers knife. the 1h r2 is cool but leaves you open, overall its a pretty bad weapon. lots of people underestimate it though. Same with the plank shield, people love to spam attacks when you block with it. Leading to a lot of easy parries, but there are obviously the players who always play smart. I had tons of fun invading blighttown,demon ruins,lost izliath with this build.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 am

it heals 4 hp with every hit you land and has one of the longest ranges on axes, i've even dual wielded them effectively, plus its sweep r1 is great, i use the r2s after i bs someone (two handed r2 for those who stay close, 1 handed r2 for those who flip away.) (doesn't always work)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:14 am

I say ditch the Faith build altogether. I find CMW to be a better buff in general, so I recommend you go with INT, get it to 32 to use the TCC, and leave off the Large Club so you can divert points from END. Also, I think the MSGS is a better backup weapon than the Large Club, it'll do fine at +14 if you lack slabs.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:54 am

So, I remodelled it because Ghadis, you are right (but I'm just being too lazy to go all the way through to Seath, again). I'll eventually venture into NG+ to pick up the second cast of CMW...probably silly

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3289200873955861

-Partizan, because I like to keep a spear around (2-handing), it weighs less than the pike and I prefer the moveset. I'll switch this up with a club +15 and remove the helm because I just really like the large club now! I'm probably going to make a low soul level Infested build with this next

-Black Iron Helm, because it kinds resembles the sack, but is much better.

-Heater shield should be obvious

FruitPunchNinja wrote:http://tinyurl.com/6rm5axr thats my kinda mildred cosplay, i like the butchers knife. the 1h r2 is cool but leaves you open, overall its a pretty bad weapon. lots of people underestimate it though. Same with the plank shield, people love to spam attacks when you block with it. Leading to a lot of easy parries, but there are obviously the players who always play smart. I had tons of fun invading blighttown,demon ruins,lost izliath with this build.

It truly is a pretty terrible weapon but that's kinda why I like it and I think it looks badass, especially buffed. I imagine the R1 is pretty easy to parry as well, though noone has managed to yet. Quite a few people have been confused when I've been running around with RT/2 attack waiting for them to hurry up and start the fight; 2 invaders even black crystalled for some reason Shrug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am