Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
TheBigLebowski
FruitPunchNinja
JoeBroski09
DoughGuy
sjackson12
9 posters

SL3 Sorcerer on NG+

sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

SL3 Sorcerer on NG+ Empty SL3 Sorcerer on NG+

Post by sjackson12 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:02 am

After watching vegeta's series, I did my own NG run, finishing tonight. It wasn't too bad, but definitely harder than SL1, since I was pretty much limited to a heater shield, hand axe and soul arrows.

He commented that he thought it wouldn't be doable on NG+. My feeling is that if he can't do it no one can, but I'm interested in what would be the hardest bosses. My thoughts:

Bosses that wouldn't be an issue - Taurus, Gargoyles, Quelaag (especially with summons, she's still weak to magic), CD, S+O (easy to stay away from and spam magic at, especially Smough), Pinwheel, BoC, Gaping Dragon

Bosses that might be a pain -

Capra - have to use vegeta's trick of hidden body and hyper mode, but it still requires flipping around perfectly in a very tiny space as to avoid aggro-ing the dogs

Nito - more for the skeletons, since I assume they would take you out in one hit

Centipede Demon - I did fine with my heater shield the first time, but he may be strong enough to break your guard the next time around.

Bosses that would be a huge pain -

Gwyn - Requires you to parry perfectly about 30 times. That or run around a pillar like I did and use 40+ great soul arrows

Seath - Super resistant to magic. Even with seance + bellowing ring I'm not sure if you'd have enough magic. Probably have to go two-handed against his tail and it's going to take a while.

Demon Firesage - Can't stay far away because the ax tracks perfectly. Hard to stay close because if you get hit by the explosion you're dead too.

4 Kings - the granddaddy of them all. On NG I had to use all 40 great soul arrows. Blocking the ranged attack isn't an issue with great magic shield, but in this case you're going to have 2-3 other kings on you at the same time while being at range. If you try the flip strategy you may get one-shot just by a hilt blow.

Thoughts?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

SL3 Sorcerer on NG+ Empty Re: SL3 Sorcerer on NG+

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 am

Low level sorcery wont be able ot get enough damage. Like he said an NG+ run is possible, it would mostly be just you using a +10 fire dagger because there is no other way to get enough damage quickly. So I wuold think it owuld become more like a normal SL 1 run, except with no pyromancy.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:59 am

Why no pyromancy?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:01 am

you could do it, hyper mode would become your best friend though.
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Why no pyromancy?

That's how I do it with low level builds. Pyromancy with the dragoncrest ring destroys the 4 kings for example on NG and NG+.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 am

that third att slot makes the sorcerer the easiest class offensively, but the 8 end make it the toughest defensively.
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 pm

I suppose pyro is an option, though to me that would kind of defeat the point.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:05 am

I do believe it's possible, the point I mentioned in the video was that it probably wouldn't be very fun to watch as it'd become more of a melee video. Personally I wouldn't mind as I love melee, but as far as for entertainment purposes it might be a bit boring watching me wail away with a dagger.

RT ring with the other magic boosting gear allowed me to dominate NG, but in NG+ those spells would begin to weaken. I think the first half would be doable fairly easily, but the 2nd half of the game from Anor Londo out would be much tougher. Doable yes. Fun to do or to watch? Maybe, maybe not.

As for the "why no pyro" question.. I wasn't simply doing an SL 3 sorcerer playthough, it had other rules to increase the challenge. One of them was no pyromancy as it's extremely overpowered for a low level run since you can max out your glove without raising your soul level thus defeating the entire point of the challenge. I also didn't allow myself any hp/weight reduction items so no masks, dwgr, rofap, etc.. I'm assuming sjackson wanted to emulate my ruleset as well so he stayed away from pyro.

I think if I were to attempt a NG+ with my sorcerer I'd have to relax the ruleset a bit or else it'd be tedious. I did an sl 5 naked run before the sl 3 sorcerer but it was extremely boring to watch.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 am

@Vageta

Out of curiosity, have you planned to make a new video series soon? I remember you said something about videos containing shortcuts and other various PvE tricks.

Sorry for offtopic sjackson big grin
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 am

FinPeku wrote:@Vageta

Out of curiosity, have you planned to make a new video series soon? I remember you said something about videos containing shortcuts and other various PvE tricks.

Sorry for offtopic sjackson big grin

Well firstly I'm finishing up the series I never completed and we'll go from there. Right now part 5 of my "everything before the gargoyles" is uploading to youtube, then I'm planning on uploading the 6th and final episode tomorrow night. I also plan on taking out Gwyn with my sorceress since I never got around to it.
    I'm not sure if I'll do another series yet or just wait until the new content comes. I still might make a few videos covering shortcuts and other tips and tricks since it's a lot less demanding than a full playthrough.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 am

Good to hear. It's been a while since you uploaded the part 4, so i was beginning to wonder whether you're going to complete the series at all big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Part 5 and 6 are done? Joy

And sjackson, if you do a NG+ run, get it on video, please!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am