Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Jingle Bells!

Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Jingle Bells! Empty Jingle Bells!

Post by Sciarry Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 am

Why the Bells ring sometimes ? What makes them ring ? I heard them 3-4(maybe 5) times, during the same playthrough!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Jingle Bells! Empty Re: Jingle Bells!

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:46 am

They ring whenever someone connected to your world through the P2P system rings them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:50 am

As Dough said, while a small thing it's actually one of my favorite parts of the atmosphere of Dark Souls. For those players who are diligently pressing forward, feeling despair at every turn as more enemies and challenges find themselves wedging the player between a rock and a hard place, they hear the ringing. Of bells they seek, of a place they have yet to be. Of a battle which they may have lost to, of something which they cannot overcome. And they realize, others are facing these trials as well. They are not alone in their failures and triumphs, others are there with them. And that in sounding this bell, they send this same message to those that may hear it.

As I said, such a small thing. But it's these little things that make me enjoy the game as I have.
    Sciarry
    Sciarry
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sciarry Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:53 am

DoughGuy wrote:They ring whenever someone connected to your world through the P2P system rings them.
    Oh, nice, I didnt' know that! I really love to hear them ringing! xD
    Thanks!
    Tolvo wrote:As Dough said, while a small thing it's actually one of my favorite parts of the atmosphere of Dark Souls. For those players who are diligently pressing forward, feeling despair at every turn as more enemies and challenges find themselves wedging the player between a rock and a hard place, they hear the ringing. Of bells they seek, of a place they have yet to be. Of a battle which they may have lost to, of something which they cannot overcome. And they realize, others are facing these trials as well. They are not alone in their failures and triumphs, others are there with them. And that in sounding this bell, they send this same message to those that may hear it.

As I said, such a small thing. But it's these little things that make me enjoy the game as I have.
    ...And that's why I LOVE to hear them ringing (and why I LOVE this game as well!) happy
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Tolvo wrote:As Dough said, while a small thing it's actually one of my favorite parts of the atmosphere of Dark Souls. For those players who are diligently pressing forward, feeling despair at every turn as more enemies and challenges find themselves wedging the player between a rock and a hard place, they hear the ringing. Of bells they seek, of a place they have yet to be. Of a battle which they may have lost to, of something which they cannot overcome. And they realize, others are facing these trials as well. They are not alone in their failures and triumphs, others are there with them. And that in sounding this bell, they send this same message to those that may hear it.

Very well said! +1 =D
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:08 pm

When I hear the bells ring, it's like a new angel got his wings!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:34 am