About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Share

    Terminus
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 15
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Terminus on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:13 pm

    If I have a bounty from sinning, does that bounty go away if I am to die from a darkmoon invader or is paying for absolution the only way out? And can I still join them if I have a bounty?
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 pm

    No, yes, yes.

    Sin from indictments cannot be absolved.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Texas

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by swordiris on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:57 pm

    Depends how much sin. One point of sin is lost for every Darkmoon who kills you. Once that number gets to zero you are clear.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

    The first one I believe it's false but some people say it's true I have 1 sin right now and I'm waiting to test if a Darkmoon kills me it gets lowered to 0 or not.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 76
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-06-24
    Age : 31
    Location : Boston - Go Sox!

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Shabbalaba on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 pm

    Sorry to interupt the thread but how do you see how much sin you have ? (i think im having a brain fart As i feel like i already know the answer but cant think of it at the moment)


    _________________
    :weap-occult: :weap-chaos: :weap-fire: :weap-enchanted: :weap-magic: :weap-crystal: :weap-lightning: :weap-divine: :weap-normal-raw:
    Dark Souls :
    XBL GT - Shabbalaba
    Demon's Soul :
    PS3 GT - BurnHollow

    Scirvir
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 24
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Scirvir on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 pm

    Go chat with Oswald in the belltower.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 30
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

    Book of Guilty


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:32 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:Book of Guilty
    This.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Carphil on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:44 pm

    who cares, you can be invaded by a darkmoon right after turning human in the first undead burg bonfire

    besides that, is ridiculously easy to acquire a sin, all you have to do is join way of white, then join forest covenant. There, you betrayed your covenant! Shrug


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:45 pm

    Start as a Knight then join some other covenant haha!


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:43 am

    Carphil wrote:who cares, you can be invaded by a darkmoon right after turning human in the first undead burg bonfire

    besides that, is ridiculously easy to acquire a sin, all you have to do is join way of white, then join forest covenant. There, you betrayed your covenant!
    Not unless you bbd a character with sin or hit someone. Remember the color swap glitch, wraiths can and do invade blue at random.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Carphil on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:51 am

    Well I never BB glitched so it must be that "color swap glitch". It already happened a lot of times to me


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:57 am

    It happens, my dm invades red or white all the time.

    The confusion there is that no one likes dms and everyone tolerates the (more common) wraiths, along with the sin requirement to be invaded by a dm, means no one notices when dms invade red, reds invade everyoner, but if a wraith invades a sinless character as a blue, it stands out.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Carphil on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:05 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:It happens, my dm invades red or white all the time.

    The confusion there is that no one likes dms and everyone tolerates the (more common) wraiths, along with the sin requirement to be invaded by a dm, means no one notices when dms invade red, reds invade everyoner, but if a wraith invades a sinless character as a blue, it stands out.

    I think they got a bad rep mostly because you can invade while hollow and DWs can't, still the DWs can kill the boss and keep invading as well. I lvoe when DMs invades me because you get much more souls from them, my only concern is about the DM Blade, a lot of people just glitch for 99 Souveniers and go to DM +3, then buff a katana and kill me in 3 hits. Even if they bow, I hate it because there's no difference between That and someone with BKGA and Hornets fishing for backstabs.

    My DM got the miracle buff, then left and joined the Cov again for less damage, to keep things a bit more fair


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4307
    Reputation : 62
    Join date : 2012-04-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Carim in the Pacific Northwest

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by JoeBroski09 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:06 am

    Carphil wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:It happens, my dm invades red or white all the time.

    The confusion there is that no one likes dms and everyone tolerates the (more common) wraiths, along with the sin requirement to be invaded by a dm, means no one notices when dms invade red, reds invade everyoner, but if a wraith invades a sinless character as a blue, it stands out.

    I think they got a bad rep mostly because you can invade while hollow and DWs can't, still the DWs can kill the boss and keep invading as well. I lvoe when DMs invades me because you get much more souls from them, my only concern is about the DM Blade, a lot of people just glitch for 99 Souveniers and go to DM +3, then buff a katana and kill me in 3 hits. Even if they bow, I hate it because there's no difference between That and someone with BKGA and Hornets fishing for backstabs.

    My DM got the miracle buff, then left and joined the Cov again for less damage, to keep things a bit more fair
    I see a buff, I'm going to avoid constantly, just waiting for it to go out. Usually works, especially if my toon uses the DWGR.


    _________________
    big grin Hugs and smiles big grin

    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 am

    Any buffed weapon is uber dangerous, and gmb will outright stomp cmw and dmb. Dmb is the strongest yes, but its also the easiest to defend against due to the light fast nature of the weapons its best applied to, a crest shield, great shield, or magic shield will shut down dmb in a huge hurry.

    There is no spell to cut lightning damage, and lightning shield resist and defence is generally lower. As a result, slb frequently out performed dmb in the actual damage it adds because its incredibly difficult to defend against by comparison.

    Int buffs lend themselves better to the much harder hitting str weapons, meaning a cmw user is more likely to be able to dead angle through a block, but gmb will still stop it cold.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

    Sponsored content

    Re: About sinning, absolution, and blade of darkmoon?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 pm