Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
ascottishman
Bioraptor
moomootv
Gambs_the_Grey
Aznul
GenericUsername
Ashran
Sloth9230
reim0027
BartholomewWenceslas
Tomhet
TheAshenPhantom
lextune
Odinbear
mugenis4real
Eudaemonium
Gawain
Yarxov
Forum Pirate
StarbrightDS
GkMrBane
Shabbalaba
RandelOolacile
Ecko
GreatEpiphany
White Mamba
bmurn
VinheimProfessor
Juutas
eminusx
dancash1808
Wade_Wilson
Doelker
DamageCK
Cantankerous_Flood
Spurgun
SlakeMoth
RANT
TangerineDream
43 posters

Biggest mistakes on first run through

Gawain
    Gawain
    Addicted
    Addicted

Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest mistakes on first run through

Post by Gawain Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:21 am

Get ready to laugh... First time souls player, I get to undead church get fire keeper soul.. Sad to say I didn't really read description & consumed it. :| Then I proceeded right instead of fighting gargoyles.. Oh the hours i spent in forest, drakes, hydra, and Sif. Meanwhile I didn't even know of co-op. It wasn't until I saw a video of gargoyle fight & correct path; I had the biggest WTF moment. :x
    On the bright side I got some pretty cool stuff but the best was Bk Halberd, it made rest of game Significantly easier! Hurrah
    reim0027
    reim0027

Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest mistakes on first run through

Post by reim0027 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:34 am

Chosing the Tiny Being's Ring over the Master Key. Didn't realized it sucked so hard. Look Skyward
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 am

Not seeing the stairs to the burg and going straight for pinwheel. The lantern I got off one of the necromancers was also a curse... even if I didn't know it at the moment. I also tried to make to make a balanced build... with 27 resistance silly

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 am

I killed solaire by accident. I play on xbox. You guys know hows the pad shaped, right? Well, i just put it in my table and then when i returned with some crackers i picked up the pad SO BADLY I ACTIVATED "R2" BUTTON, ATTACKING SOLAIRE. I was like:

-Please im sorry no, no no no please T_T I dont wanna kill you sensei please nope nope nope nope

I had to kill him because i didnt know about Oswald (does he fix this situations?) I felt so bad i abandonned that char a long time.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:02 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Thinking I could beat the Hellkite with The Drake Sword. It didn't work out.

I'm on NG+5 and I still can't even kill that damn thing. All it ever does is spam crazy OP fire attacks.

Anyway, I would always shy away from darkwraiths whenever I got invaded. I freaked out and hid behind my shield. Now I feel as though I probably could have killed them had I manned up.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 am

I used the undead parish firekeeper soul instead of upgrading with it.

I leveled based on stat requirements of weapons I wanted to use, as well as some miracles.

I tried to pvp with totally random stats, greatsword of artorias (uncursed), and silver knight armor. silly As well as trying to bs fish with it the first time I was invaded. Needless to say I died by backstab with a katana.

At first I thought ranged weapons were worthless, since I got the crossbow before the bow, I figured it couldnt be manual aimed either, which I found stupid. Thankfully I found out I was wrong later on in that playthrough big grin now I love bows to death. (But seriously, crossbows need manual aim built in, they are rather hard to make use of, at least for me, otherwise)

Killed lautrec in firelink because I read that he killed the fire keeper, that wwas a seriously tough fight, since I didnt know you could just kick him off the ledge and reset. :shock:

Upgraded most of my twinkling titanite gear by buying it from the giant blacksmith instead of farming the crystal cave.

Stuck with chaos servant covenant for at least 2 full playthroughs.

Now I'm playing a caster/melee hybrid glass cannon sunbro. Lvl 100 or so and just starting to invest in vit :roll: getting one shotted in front of a host feels bad....

Still learning, but I have certainly learned a lot so far.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 am

my biggest mistake was I killed the undead merchant and I had no access to arrows/bolts. I wanted to quit as I thought he was the only vendor that sold arrows.

I also aggrod laurentius in the depths and killed him. I aslo killed (eingyi sp?) No pyromancy glove sad
    moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 am

Didnt take any weeapon past +5 till after I beat the game
    Putting 30 points in str with ele weapons
    Crushing all boss soul. I was piss when I found what they were used for
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:22 am

Where to begin...........Feeding my slabs to Frammps.
    Using most of the bosses souls only to get to Anor Londo an find out I made a bad error.
    Using my items to up gradeing my shield into a elemental shield or Magic.
    Got the Ring of F & P only to take it off an lose it for good.I backed tracked for 15min telling myself I had droped it some where.
    Also wasting Anastacia's soul thinking it had no use :affraid:
    Talking to Frammp's after requiering the Lords Vessel.........The list goes on an on.....how green we all were back then in the good old day's....Biggest mistakes on first run through - Page 3 2707236321
    ascottishman
    ascottishman

Post by ascottishman Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 am

I might have used the fire keeper souls for actual souls and i kept thinking that if i lvl street using a long sword that is all i needed mind you i did not upgrade it because i did not know how also think black spiritswert there to help me beat the area
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:45 pm

I started as the thief and chose the master key... T_T
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 pm

I actually first beat the game with my third character. the first I made was a sorcerer with the tiny being's ring, since I thought it gave health regen, but I decided I didnt like the caster play style at the time, so I made a pyromancer with the ring. My third character with whom I actually cleared several playthroughs was a pyromancer with the master key.

Also, making my favorite weapon at the time, the winged spear, into the moonlight butterfly horn, despite investing almost nothing in intelligence.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 pm

I found two slabs in a regular playthrough of New Londo and assumed they were common drops... boy was I wrong. Used them too upgrade some of my armor to +15 too Look Skyward
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:10 am

Hmm...lets see....playing through the whole game without knowing i had to be in human form to summon help, wich I really needed in some bosses, wasting chunks and slabs on stuff i shouldnt, making a really weird jack of all trades build....oh! finally reaching the end of the tomb of giants, filled with hope and overconfidant just so Leeroy could show up and WoG me out of the cliff...BY CHAOS I WAS PISSED!
    ....and the Anor Lond arches...oh those archers....they were soooooo annoying!I tried to turtle through them...didnt work...tried to dodge them,failed, tried to parry the right one...*** failed...I dont remenber what exactly I did to finally pass them but thankfuly i was able to...somehow....but what do we get after passing through them and all those silver knights inside the castle? yeah...THAT boss fight...ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH! It took me so many hours of deep frustation and rage to finally kill them....what made it worse was the long *** journey form the darkmoon knightes bonfire to the bossfight, since I didnt know about any other nearby ones.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:22 am

I snuck up on Solaire in the Parish, thinking he was an enemy, and BSed him. Then, not being aware of the whole sin thing, I fought him until he died. I also played through the majority of the game with 30 strength and a lightning weapon. So that was good.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:48 am

My 2 biggest are easily.
    1:choosing tiny beings ring, but i think alot of people did. Its description made you think it was going to have HP regen.
    And 2: first time i found a firekeeper souli had not even SEEN the firekeeper yet, and again poor descriptions led me to believe i simply needed to USE the item myself. I was really pissed when i figured it out.

But i still have that same character, he was my first. And he was completely pure, no guides or wiki or forums. So i made alot of other mistakes to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:20 pm