Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Reaperfan
FinPeku
dancash1808
FexDS
OmniBot
Uparkaam
FruitPunchNinja
WyrmHero
DamageCK
RANT
Tolvo
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
bloodpixel
Wisp
Jovias-86
Federally
martyrsbrigade99
billy_bayonet
EWGF
24 posters

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

EWGF

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

Post by EWGF Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Wisp wrote:Best dead angle weapon?

Most entertaining place to do random invasions?

1) Great scythe, Claymore.

2) Catacombs.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask a question, get an answer with EWGF!

Post by Federally Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Awesome, thanks again! That is stuff i hadn't considered! Mixing up WR attacks and the plunge attack should really up my game. So far I've used WR R1s and R1s to back them off then surprised them with the plunge attack, it goes off fast and covers a ton of ground, but mixing up my rolls even more should help avoid the BS and catch the over aggressive fisher.

I'd give you another +1 but I'm out today. Thanks again!
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 pm

EWGF wrote:
    Jovias-86 wrote:Nice to C you on the forum EWGF...

Seen your videos and as Billy said, learned a lot from them too happy

Hope to fight you some day winking

Me too. I'm sure when I do return I will be terrible again!

Wisp wrote:Will being a DkS PvP pro help me get laid?

What do you see as the most complete weapon, most complete build (about SL120ish) and most effective style of play?

1) Not sure, but probably not. To be fair, I've never had that issue. This one girl I'm with enjoys torturing me about this stuff because she knows I'm a little embarrassed about my whole e-nerd vidja game persona. One time she cried out "Oh EWGF, (expletive) me!" during intercourse and absolutely destroyed the moment on me.

2) The most complete builds are probably Dex/Faith hybrids with random Pyro. Anything with 45 Dexterity is really good because of the casting speed. I like Force tricks as well. The "most complete" is very subjective however.

3) The most effective is probably straight "S&B Fish
    with good mixup and an assortment of random gimmicks (Wrath Stab, Fireball/Pyro tricks). Really good Spear w/ board is similar. Again, very subjective. The most effective I've played is bow fish type builds with S&B and gimmicks. I like draw-cancelling into tricks.

Thanks for both of your replies dude.

Just recap though, what's the 's' in 'S&B fish' stand for? Also, bow build sounds fun.

Last edited by Wisp on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Why is it damn near impossible to escape a MLGS stunlock?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Welcome to the forums EWGF, sure there will be a ton of brain picking in this thread. Looking forward to what gets discussed.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 pm

If memory serves you can parry the ground smash of the Grant, as I believe I have done it before. The issue though was I was still hit by the explosion which knocked me back, causing them to recover before I could riposte. However this might have just been something janky and could have just been a fluke, so I do suggest more testing before taking my shady memory for anything it could be worth.

By the way welcome to the Forum man, I hope you sick around and help some players and maybe learn a few things yourself if we have anything to teach you that is haha.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Why is it damn near impossible to escape a MLGS stunlock?

THIS!!! i was invading in the duke's last night and i invaded the same guy twice, the first time i took a 2h hit with 53 poise and i tanked it, the second time i invaded him he hit me with the same attack and stunlocked me to death, wtf?
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:36 pm

MLGS poise break at 55, if i'm not mistaken, so you need 56 to tank a hit.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 pm

I actually have a trick for that. What I do is if I have my shield in my left hand I toggle my right then immediately parry. If my shield isn't in my left hand, then I toggle to it and immediately parry. Usually it catches them and instead of just rolling out of the way you get some great damage on them.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Wisp wrote:MLGS poise break at 55, if i'm not mistaken, so you need 56 to tank a hit.

i keep hearing about the mlgs needing more than 53 poise to tank a hit but i can tank a 2h r1 swing most of the time but sometimes i get stun locked with just one 1h r1 hit which is weird, first hit btw.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:45 pm

I remember Wyrm and I tested, and indeed you need more poise to tank the MLGS, many have found this through testing. Why that is I'm not actually sure. Some have also claimed the Murakumo is the same, but I actually haven't seen that yet. Though people are free to test it and see, as I don't actually play anymore to do it myself haha.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Phantom hits effect your poise, does that explain it?
    EWGF

Post by EWGF Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Wisp wrote:
    Thanks for both of your replies dude.

Just recap though, what's the 's' in 'S&B fish' stand for? Also, bow build sounds fun.

Fish is any sort of exploitative BS/parry build. S&B is Sword and Board.

The bow build is very, very mind-gamey once you get used to it. You can cancel a bow draw with basically anything... so basically firing off arrows and randomly roll cancelling the bow draw to escape. You opponent will just mercilessly chase you, and you just draw cancel with a weapon swap and BS them. This is very effective as a gimmick.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah I do that a lot on my forest hunter, I actually have a little similar tactic with knives that uses Lag to land a parry.

I throw a knife somewhat close, leaving an opening for a hit. So as soon as they see that they charge, but they don't realize in actuality I'm just ending through the knife, so I parry and usually parry and riposte them. As well if it fails if you raise your camera just a bit when throwing a knife if someone is charging their head pushes forwards a bit, meaning you can headshot them with relative easy with a knife causing them to stagger. But since they were charging the still move forwards a bit meaning you can get a free hit in or BS them.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Sounds more rewarding to play than 'sword & board' fishing.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Wisp wrote:Phantom hits effect your poise, does that explain it?

nope, i mean i alwsys dodge and no phantom hits at all until i get hit once and get stunlocked sometimes, dark souls is rediculous sometimes.
    EWGF

Post by EWGF Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:07 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Why is it damn near impossible to escape a MLGS stunlock?

What do you mean by "escape"? Do you mean to roll out?

If that's what you're talking about, then you should keep in mind that a stun-lock is, well a lock. MLGS can't even make a true lock in fact. You can always roll out on the 2nd or 3rd swing (depending on the upgrade path).

Or do you mean to Toggle Escape out?

If this is the case it's due to each stun having a certain window in which Toggle Escape is effective. Certain portions of stuns are simply "un-techable" even with exploitative methods such as toggle. Really debilitating stuns generally only have small techable points in which Toggle Escape is effective.

Wisp wrote:Phantom hits effect your poise, does that explain it?

Sort of yes. This isn't Phantom Hits... but the "Build-Up" effect during roll invincibility draining poise (similar to status build up during roll invincibility).

All you need to know about poise is here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/oquy2/poise_science_revisited/

Don't know why people are getting contrasting information about this. It's 53 poise to resist, 52 drain. Tested number. Will retest however to re-confirm.

So far:

1) Testing the parry proclivity of ground-pound.
    2) Testing 52-55 Poise for MLGS.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:10 pm

The draw cancel into various tricks idea is EFFING GENIUS. Already overwhelmed by all the possibilities.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:15 pm

And now a question:

Assuming you've got the poise to take a hit, if you get stunlocked and toggle escape, does it reset poise so that you could tank another hit again? Or will another hit immediately following the escape just lock you back up again?
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:16 pm

DamageCK wrote:The draw cancel into various tricks idea is EFFING GENIUS. Already overwhelmed by all the possibilities.

Next on the curriculum? =D
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Wisp wrote:MLGS poise break at 55, if i'm not mistaken, so you need 56 to tank a hit.

Not true, it can't break 54 poise. That's just a rumor.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Wisp wrote:
    DamageCK wrote:The draw cancel into various tricks idea is EFFING GENIUS. Already overwhelmed by all the possibilities.

Soon as I do some testing with it. Haha.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:19 pm

By the way EWGF, how do I counter roll BS?
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:21 pm

DamageCK wrote:
    Wisp wrote:

Soon as I do some testing with it. Haha.

I'll help you test if you need someone.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:27 pm

WyrmHero wrote:By the way EWGF, how do I counter roll BS?

The counter I can think of is more so just predicting, realizing when people go for it. Similar to BS fishining being countered by back pedaling. If they are just going with rolls to kill you, you can draw the fight out and just deny them opportunities forcing them to try another tactic. I have other counters, but they are very situational and can backfire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 am