Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
RNsunbro
Azran
CaptanSpudsy
Noob-of-Artorias
Wade_Wilson
WyrmHero
BartholomewWenceslas
Federally
12 posters

New info on Soul Sacrifice and Forsaken Souls

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

New info on Soul Sacrifice and Forsaken Souls  Empty New info on Soul Sacrifice and Forsaken Souls

Post by Federally Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 am

So we all know about Soul Sacrifice, the game people thought may be a new Souls game but isn't blah blah blah. Well Sony has since registered a domain name for Forsaken Souls The Game, people thought that might be Soul Sacrifice's US title but this isn't the case, Sony confirmed Soul Sacrifice is that PS Vita game's title world wide. So that begs the question, wtf is "Forsaken Souls"?! Maybe Demon's will get a Playstation exclusive sequel after all?

Source:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/06/19/soul-sacrifice-brings-brutal-combat-to-the-ps-vita-sony-registers-forsaken-souls-domain/
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New info on Soul Sacrifice and Forsaken Souls  Empty Re: New info on Soul Sacrifice and Forsaken Souls

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 am

That is quite interesting, though it doesn't stick with the whole D**** Souls theme. I rather like the name "Forsaken Souls" though. It seems like it would fit a souls game quite nicely
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

New info on Soul Sacrifice and Forsaken Souls  Empty Re: New info on Soul Sacrifice and Forsaken Souls

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:32 am

It's FORSAKEN Souuuuuullllllllsssssssss!!!!!!!:pale:
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 am

Commencing speculation based hype in 3,2,1...
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:06 am

If Forsaken Souls really is the sequel to Dark Souls and it's PS3 exclusive, well then I guess I'll be jumping ship once again, I'll miss halo, but I won't miss another souls game!
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 am

Mayhaps it's Sony's follow-up to Demon's Souls, they do own the IP after all. And with From busy with the PC and Prepare to Die DLC, I doubt that they're the ones making it.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:33 am

Right now, From Software studios are dispatching a hitman infiltration squad towards Sony HQ.

They stole their next project name.

THAT NAME WAS RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME.

THIS. CAN'T. STAND.

silly
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am

It'd be pretty awesome if Forsaken Souls was a sequel to Demon's but I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if From wasn't involved. Soul Sacrifice looks pretty decent; I wish it was coming to PS3 though.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:48 am

If sony made a sequel to demon's without using FROM as the developer I honestly think it won't go well 🇳🇴

Either that or Sony offered FROM a really nice exclusivity deal after the success of Dark Souls.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Serious_Much wrote:If sony made a sequel to demon's without using FROM as the developer I honestly think it won't go well 🇳🇴

Either that or Sony offered FROM a really nice exclusivity deal after the success of Dark Souls.

Your second point is most likely the truth. Sony dropped the ball early on in Ps3's cycle losing a lot of exclusive titles. They seem to be correcting this mistake and after the success of Dark Souls it makes sense for Sony to want another Souls game. Though I doubt Sony would be stupid enough to exclude FROM, they must know Miyazaki is the reason the games are great.

With Playstation 4 potentially being released late next year maybe we will get a Souls launch title on Ps4!
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I dont really think they would starting making a sequel for the souls game just after they end up the new content, and by porting the prepare to die for pc they will expand the fanbase, so its not smart to go back being a PS exclusive, they are going to let a lot of fans down.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Pesth wrote:I dont really think they would starting making a sequel for the souls game just after they end up the new content, and by porting the prepare to die for pc they will expand the fanbase, so its not smart to go back being a PS exclusive, they are going to let a lot of fans down.

This is true. And if they do happen to make a PS3 exclusive. I'll burn there house down, with lemons.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Pesth wrote:I dont really think they would starting making a sequel for the souls game just after they end up the new content, and by porting the prepare to die for pc they will expand the fanbase, so its not smart to go back being a PS exclusive, they are going to let a lot of fans down.

No expanding the fan base is exactly why it's smart for Sony to pony up the money to get another exclusive Souls game. When the next generation of consoles hit a new Souls game exclusive to Ps4 is a selling point and as long as Sony will pay enough it doesn't hurt FROM.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:14 pm

If it is a new souls title I REALLY hope its not ps3 exclusive, I will cry if it is. Not complain cry, but cry like my child was just taken from me cry.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm

From has gone on record that they would be open to making a new game for the Vita rather than a port of an existing title so they could take advantage of the hardware specific to the handheld. If it's a Sony exclusive I kind of hope it's a Vita title because I'm backlogged on games until the next century on ps3 thanks to ps+ and I really really want awesome portable titles. I would love to Souls it up at work.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:33 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:From has gone on record that they would be open to making a new game for the Vita rather than a port of an existing title so they could take advantage of the hardware specific to the handheld. If it's a Sony exclusive I kind of hope it's a Vita title because I'm backlogged on games until the next century on ps3 thanks to ps+ and I really really want awesome portable titles. I would love to Souls it up at work.
    But then you'd never get any work done krow...if you could you're a better man than I.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 pm

I would have to lock it up until lunch I suppose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm