Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
sonofartorias
Rin
GkMrBane
NPCWhiteMage
ARSP
nsane32
Forum Pirate
KomradDakka
billy_bayonet
ViralEnsign_
Xacktastic
sinisterapathy
Spurgun
User
Yarxov
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SlakeMoth
dancash1808
Dr. Demento
Serious_Much
SunlightCrusader
Baldor Ostarv
LordRevan
DoughGuy
Tolvo
30 posters

The Elder Scrolls

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Elder Scrolls - Page 13 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Thats because Skyrim is awesome, if over simplified. Its an open world. The fun doesn't find itself, you must find it on your own. TES in particular isn't a "fun" series on the surface, if its to be enjoyed one must put in some work. Similar to the soul series actually, it just requires a different kind of work.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Yeah, definitely agreed. I was just to this point not as enthralled as I was in Morrowind and Oblivion.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:05 pm

I hated oblivion. Cyrodil is freaking boring. Boring vampires, boring world map, boring people, boring oblivion gates, just boring. I had a lot of fun with the shivering isles though.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Oblivion was my first TES game so I loved it, but going back I find it very boring, unless you never fast travel and take the "Shortcuts" (to some mushrooms no less)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:51 pm

I refuse to fast travel most of the time. I'll take the carriages in skyrim, but otherwise I walk everywhere. If you have a pc or original xbox I highly recommend Morrowind. The combat is math based, a "roll" determines wether or not your swing hits, but its also more detailed and the world is more interesting.

If you hunt it down though, get a paper map of Vardenfell IRL and be sure to write down and directions you're given, you won't be told twice.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:12 am

I have Morrowind and it should have some big mod to it that fixes the graphics and such. just never got around to playing it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:16 am

http://memebase.com/2012/06/29/internet-memes-video-games-you-can-look-but-dont-you-touch/
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 am

While my internet was down for three days I played a lot of Skyrim. I must admit I pulled out the fold out map and began plotting courses for various adventures across Skyrim to pass the time. I also decided to get some of the achievements that I hdn't bothered with before. I now have three left to get but they will be a pain. I need:

Legend: Kill a Legendary Dragon which apparently don't spawn until level 78.

Vampire Mastered: Unlock all the vamp perks which isn't hard but I'll need a new character to do it.

Golden Touch: Get 100,000 gold; gold burns a hole in my pocket what can I say.

The worst part is I'm torn between spending more time on Skyrim to earn these last few or playing Dark Souls. Decisions decisions....
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:03 am

Fourth of July Party in Dark Souls then back to Skyrim. Or at least that's my plan. My plan also includes shameless promotion of my covenant event ↓↓

Getting back on topic I finished the quest line that is basically the plot of The Hangover. Loved the ending. I knew there was something going on but I was caught by surprise. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't done it but wow.....Good quest!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:42 pm

I miss oblivion. sad I put in so many hours when I was younger I manged to attain master in like all of my skills which took forever and was my soul goal for like 2 months. I took advantage of all the skill trainers every lvl and all the other exploits I could to make sure that I could lvl up as far as I could go.

And when it was all said done I later downloaded the shivering isles to my xbox and it corrupted my save file The Elder Scrolls - Page 13 1330857165 I completed shivering isles with a new character and then I put the game down and never played it again.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:00 pm

It a bethesda game. Data loss and horrible glitches come with the territory.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 pm

it was so sad. that and I couldnt complete the clavicus vile quest for umbra :evil:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:18 pm

I was able to do that one but never the Hermaus Mora
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Anyone ever track down the deadric crescent blade in morrowind? I spent a good 200 hours chasing leads and scouring libraries before I found the stupid thing.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:56 pm

My main save got corrupted in New Sheoth, never quite made a serious character again. I did make one whose sole purpose was to murder every NPC in game. got a good 300 kills so far, cleaned out every city.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I hated oblivion. Cyrodil is freaking boring. Boring vampires, boring world map, boring people, boring oblivion gates, just boring. I had a lot of fun with the shivering isles though.

Forum Pirate wrote:I refuse to fast travel most of the time. I'll take the carriages in skyrim, but otherwise I walk everywhere. If you have a pc or original xbox I highly recommend Morrowind. The combat is math based, a "roll" determines wether or not your swing hits, but its also more detailed and the world is more interesting.

If you hunt it down though, get a paper map of Vardenfell IRL and be sure to write down and directions you're given, you won't be told twice.

Forum Pirate wrote:It a bethesda game. Data loss and horrible glitches come with the territory.

Ya... Oblivion gates did get boring. Vampires were repetitive... the enemies I fought in the areas were categorized in a selection of mythical creatures; Daedra that may or may not be accompanied by Conjurers; a group of people that may be marauders, bandits, or another sort; vampires and undead/wolves, undead and necromancers, or all around undead; At times, it was just animals and possibly some forms of unique set ups. Goblins were also there as well, and were usually seen alone (although not always). The enemy formation and amount was... somewhat short.

Oblivion Gates bore me to death, and all I ever did was run past all the enemies and levels, grabbed the sigil and went home with it. Rinse and repeat. The Daedra became far fetch for me. I hated caves and mines, they never really interested me. The towns bore me, and I used them only to get what I need, and then leave to the outside world. The only interest for quests were Daedra, and some of them were known to just lead towards something I dislike to finish the quest. Saguine was one I hated to wait for, and the one to clear the undead and necromancers as well... the woman that required undead flesh to be offered. Others, such as the Taskmaster and the Dream Princes that put more twists to the game aspect, that actually had a quest line that made the game more interesting were what I looked for to play.

Combat was a bore, and the difficulty settings were annoying: Either make everything super easy, or make combat either too long or unrealistic than what it should be (I fight a barbarian for 2 hours and swing at him and hit him with 100 axe swings, and yet one swing from him means death... *** blarg).

One thing kept me to stay though, one thing and one thing only: Ayleid Ruins. Screw the caves, screw the mines; I only went in them if they either had Goblin fortunes (Totem Sticks, which I used to conjure armies for my own amusement of Goblin Wars), or were connected to Ayleid Ruins. I harvest and collected over 700 ayleid stones... three times. I played as an Antronach all the time, and used these stones to fill my power... after I required over 700. I collected the Full Recharge Stones and used them for the 10+ staves I had on my character, as well as a Dagger or Two of Leech Magicka. I created my own spells, harvested alchemy tools, and created superior tools of alteration, conjuration, destruction, illusion, and restoration. I conjured a lich which i used magic shield that had 85 armour of both shock, fire, and frost, as well as 100 normal armour; It took over 500 magicka, and the lich was worth about 400 or more, as I made him last for over 2 minutes seconds if I could; It would take about two stones to set up that power. I created the Deadric Dinosaur that I despise, and used chameleon 100% on it for over a minute. An invisible fast hitter after enemies is marverlous. I used telekinetics to replace my bow that I used to require stones too high, and I mastered the use of Alchemy and the Leech Magic Dagger to get more magicka without the waste of stones. I created a spell that had over 200 fireball damage with 15 feet blast radius, 2 shock damage for a minute and half (as well as 25 feet blast radius), and paralyze for two seconds. See them fly, see the enemies become shocked and awed... one fire from this required another stone once used.

I was an expensive magician... but a powerful one nonetheless. Developing the power of the character to greater lengths? That is what I search for. Skyrim did not do that for me; it disappointed me in that. The only thing I looked for were the masks of the priests, and the scales and bones to create armour for the nine masks I planned use... with about 5 being mostly useless to me. I could only ever collect 7, as the 8th was part of mages college. I was saddened... and I left. Magic always seems to be a bane for my development in both Oblivion and Skyrim, mostly the colleges and guilds around it.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:27 pm

I personally never just ran past stuff, it really made it a bore, I liked trying to sneak past everything, and only running when I couldnt win. The game itself isnt great, its how you play it that makes it worth every penny.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 pm

That is true... I don't feel that way about other RPGs, other than Bethesda Games. Fallout III was great... if you did what you do in other Bethesda games. Otherwise, the game gets boring quite easily.

I hate quests in general, with an exception of a few; They seem too linear to me at times. Only exception being the Daedra quests in Oblivion (well... most of em), they made me go in them to seek what I aim for in Bethesda games: Growth.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Deadric quests are by far the best, and I find most quests are tedious, to the point it seems drawn out intentionally
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Same... I usually just wander across the world, finding my own foot in the world without a linear path to follow. I try to avoid that as much as possible.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:56 pm

I've never done any of the TES main quests, Fallout I go far enough to get Power Armor training but stop on all Alt characters (the game was too good to stay from the MQ)
    Thats the thing with Bethesda games, if they didnt give you the option to go wherever, theyd be much much worse.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Sadly, they should have done that with the quests as well. The quests seemed to stray from that concept most times, and followed a path that makes you choose things that you don't want to choose, and you know that there are other 'alternative' paths.

This lead me to finding a secret ending for the original Fallout Three; I hired the ghoul to decompress and save the facility the James made, without the casualties of the woman, you, nor anyone else. The Alternative Path; for better or worse, variety in choice is much favoured.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 pm

But thats only for the DLC right? Fawkes should be able to do it aswell.

It was always strange to me how you always had to return artifacts, or in Fallout side with the Brotherhood (I'm an enclave man myself) or in Skyrim side with the Dragons. they promise control but keep you on the leash.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 pm

I love the Enclave; There armour and technology I favour when i go for either favour or light armour (Officer or Soldier). I also like the use of Detahclaws and the Eye Bots... I love those things. I always wanted my own Deatchclaw and Eye Bot Army in my hands... they somewhat accomplished that in the newer game.

The Ghoul, the 2000 caps contract killer in Underworld City will do it... With and Without DLC. Fawkes never worked for me, he always rejected me. *** ethical prick.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Does it unlock the ability to play after the ending?

Fawkes rejects you if you dont have the DLC, if you do he says its a great Idea or something. iirc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm