Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Hahalo
BackwardsBaboon
befowler
Extertionist
bmurn
skarekrow13
eminusx
sinisterapathy
Azran
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
Kirk-Barb
barrywilkins
dancash1808
Carphil
Yarxov
Reaperfan
FruitPunchNinja
JoeBroski09
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
Sebastrd
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
johnnyjwa
Buggy Virus
29 posters

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 2 Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by Yarxov Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 pm

The only time I DCed was when I was helping a friend through lower burg and the depths (he used the B town shortcut) and suddenly when waiting for him to summon me I get invaded. I was only in the very beginning of the area, no enemies where killed yet, so after a few minutes I start offing the hollows to get ahis attention, still nothing, so I wait for about 5 minutes, no sight of the invader, so I say screw it and restart the game. He was either waiting for the environment to kill me or going to ambush me. I didn't want to go around looking for him (I had a friend in need remember?) and if he's invading a level 50 in the depths I wouldn't doubt if he's just another griefer.

I have strict rules for unhonorable tactics, ie, only Twop if 3v1 in close quarters, only DC if I'm on my way to get atleast 1million souls and over 75 humanity, and there is no chance of getting there in time.

It's not a horrible thing to do, it's just running away. Be proud you made them **** themselves with fear.

@Joe it's not cheating, it's being a coward, you can if you want to, people will still judge you, may not be right, but if that's your choice ok.

Now everyone, stop the hate before this turns into another big hate thread and an admin needs to lecture everyone on how not to be an ***.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 2 Empty Re: Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Meh. Sorry. My internet is **** right now... so I'm in a pissy mood. but, essentually, it really is cheating. You're going against the rules set up. Just like any glitching or any hacking. It's just more accepted. Especially since you can seriously screw up your data by doing so.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 pm

The game doesn't let you quit "safely" when you get invaded, so the game rule is fight being a man or die trying.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Personally, if I get invaded and don't feel up to PvP, I just suicide. To everyone who thinks it's a good idea to shut off the system...well they'll eventually have to deal with Mr. Corrupted Data Error.

Exacly. Just delete their toons happy
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:06 pm

I do know you get penalized for DCing. My friend and I were trying to co-op, and he DC'ed on purpose. He couldn't see ANY signs for over 30 minutes. We JUST had seen a bunch, and I was seeing a crazy amount when I picked up my sign.

So, at least there's that. It ruins co-oping with a friend.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:09 pm

I look at DCs as new players not wanting to fight, if it was a duel then yeah I'm fine with any punishment, but the prey can run as far as they want, they will still meet their end.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:14 pm

I still dont understand why you all seem so pissed about people quitting out, do you really need that 1humanity and random amount of souls so badly? I agree with yarxov. I actually had someone quit out yesterday in new londo even though they had 2 phantoms with them lol, i backstabbed one of the phantoms and poof. I have never heard of using the psn/xbl button to quit being able to corrupt your data, seems like that would be a dumb move on froms part. I have noticed sometimes if i use the ps3 button to quit i will end up in a different spot with full health and my spells filled for w.e reason. never had any corruption problems though, *knocks on wood* Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 2 3510096238
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Pfft. I just think it shouldn't be available. I.E. patched. They ran the risks of being invaded, and now they're being invaded. Them quitting out is ruining the game for them. It's the game they paid money for, don't break it! Hahaha...
    I just don't like glitchers or hackers, and this is that.

Shrug

Oh, and it isn't just one. It's 60% of invades.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:17 pm

LOL fruit the game says it to you when you quit without going back to main menu. When you restart the game you get a notice that you may lose your data or something like that.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't really see what you're losing if someone DC's. It's not like you were going to get enjoyable PvP if they stuck around. Really, they're just saving you some time.

If you want to duel, use the RSS. Honestly, this is turning into the "honorable" PvP ******** all over again.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:20 pm

^@fruit Same with being summoned to someone's world, when you win you get everything refilled, a life saver for those moments when you run out of everything before the boss gate.

@joe then invade somewhere else, if they run they are scared, if they duel and DC then they are assholes lol.

@sebastrd It is that's why I asked everyone to stop the hate >.<
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I still dont understand why you all seem so pissed about people quitting out, do you really need that 1humanity and random amount of souls so badly? I agree with yarxov. I actually had someone quit out yesterday in new londo even though they had 2 phantoms with them lol, i backstabbed one of the phantoms and poof. I have never heard of using the psn/xbl button to quit being able to corrupt your data, seems like that would be a dumb move on froms part. I have noticed sometimes if i use the ps3 button to quit i will end up in a different spot with full health and my spells filled for w.e reason. never had any corruption problems though, *knocks on wood* Players who quit or turn off their console during an invasion should lose - Page 2 3510096238

Even if it is not that big a deal, it is still glitching and cheating and I say they should patch it. Because it is a big deal to myself since it happens during 40% of my invasions, and not once I invade normally, but after I get one or two hits in or take out a phantom.

The punishment shouldn't be, "you might corrupt your data if you are dumb enough to do it during a save," it should simply be patched out of the game.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Sebastrd wrote:I don't really see what you're losing if someone DC's. It's not like you were going to get enjoyable PvP if they stuck around. Really, they're just saving you some time.

If you want to duel, use the RSS. Honestly, this is turning into the "honorable" PvP ******** all over again.

I'm not talking about dueling, I'm talking about invading.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Yarxov wrote:@joe then invade somewhere else, if they run they are scared, if they duel and DC then they are assholes lol.
    Gottah invade in blighttown. Followers of Izalith. You have no idea how excited I am to be free of this invasion location.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:28 pm

There's your problem, B town is a *****, if I was invaded running through there in my first play through I would consider DCing too!
    Nowadays I wouldn't since I know what's around each corner, but the environment kicks your *** enough, a player still alive from the gaping dragon fight doesn't want to lose all their stuff.

Now buggy, why would From do that? It's a huge **** move, what if your power cuts out? You didn't do anything, but you still lose everything. I say just deal with it, we can't stop them from shutting their system down, ejecting the game, or disabling Internet, so heresy the best way to solve any problem ever:

Just deal with it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:28 pm

thats kinda surprising it happens to you so much, i dont play on 360 though. Just take it as a win and move on lol. if they made it impossible to exit out with the psn/xbl menu then people would either just stand there not fighting back(which honestly that would be less satisfying imo) or pull the plug. theres really nothing you can do about it, its a part of every online game with pvp or even co op. I think a lot of people might stay human just cause they hate the look of undead form, and they dont actually want to participate in online but dont want to turn msging ext off. I really do hope the next game there is no zombie looking undead form, i much preferred how it was in demons.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Yarxov wrote:There's your problem, B town is a *****, if I was invaded running through there in my first play through I would consider DCing too!
    Nowadays I wouldn't since I know what's around each corner, but the environment kicks your *** enough, a player still alive from the gaping dragon fight doesn't want to lose all their stuff.

Now buggy, why would From do that? It's a huge **** move, what if your power cuts out? You didn't do anything, but you still lose everything. I say just deal with it, we can't stop them from shutting their system down, ejecting the game, or disabling Internet, so heresy the best way to solve any problem ever:

Just deal with it.

Time peoples power cut out as while they are being invaded: probably less than one percent.

I think beating the fact that people abuse this privilege with a patch is a good move.

And it's just one more death if you power cuts out during an invasion, big deal, From puts TONS of instant deaths in the game that you are expected to arbitrarily get killed by (bridge drake, First Black Knight, Seath, Ceaseless Discharge, ETC).
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Yarxov wrote:if I was invaded running through there in my first play through
    I'm SL 80
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:36 pm

What of the sporting aspect of it all?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Yes the game should tell you before checking saved data, very explicitly "Don't turn the damn game off or your save data will explode".
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm

@ joe, Christ, lol, still, I suppose B town can get to you later on play through 2

@ buggy, I was talking about the people who wanted to corrupt the save everytime you DCed, killing the char is ok with me. Motivation instead of a game breaker.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I'm not talking about dueling, I'm talking about invading.

Are you saying you don't want a fair fight? You want one in which you have all of the advantages?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Sebastrd wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:I'm not talking about dueling, I'm talking about invading.

Are you saying you don't want a fair fight? You want one in which you have all of the advantages?
    Nope. just the advantage of being psychologically ready. If you're human, you should have the same mindset already. So, really, there isn't any advantage at all.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Just to clarify, when I speak of disconnecting, I mean doing so as soon as you get the invasion message. I do NOT mean bailing as soon as you start losing.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:34 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Nope. just the advantage of being psychologically ready. If you're human, you should have the same mindset already. So, really, there isn't any advantage at all.

Horse Pucky. As the invader you have the advantages of:

1) Being prepared for PvP. The host will generally be geared appropriately for the area.

2) Being immune to enemies. I have NEVER encountered an invader that did not take advantage of whatever monsters were around.

3) Being experienced. Most invaders have been playing for a while, have a lot of experience, the best gear, and a focused build.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm