Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Tolvo
Wilkinson3424
skarekrow13
AquaZeroX26
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FexDS
User
Serious_Much
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Federally
16 posters

Please Edit Gravelord Covenant page

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Please Edit Gravelord Covenant page Empty Please Edit Gravelord Covenant page

Post by Federally Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:02 am

The Gravelord covenant page has some old information on it that wrongly discourages people from joining the covenant. Mainly this part here

PvP note the covenant is broken at the moment in terms of online because sometimes it can take up to 2 hours to curse someone's world (confirmed i left the dark eye sign on the ground went out to eat something and when i came back it was still the same damn thing with nothing hapenning) hopefuly the upcoming patch will fix this problem. (Possibly a problem with people trying to invade. I've gotten Gravelord signs in 3 different areas, and each time I got an "Invasion Failed" message. [PS3, 12/21/11] - Youdrongo)

This may have been true in the vanilla copy but the Gravelord covenant obviously is fully functional now. So can this be edited or done away with entirely to reflect this?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Please Edit Gravelord Covenant page Empty Re: Please Edit Gravelord Covenant page

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:09 am

I'll give it a go. If a proper GL like Viral/Dx comes on tough they can feel free to change it.
    Changed it too -
    the covenant is broken at
    the moment in terms of online because sometimes it can take up to 2 hours to curse someone's world (confirmed i left the dark eye sign on the ground went out to eat something and when i came back it was still the same damn thing with nothing hapenning) hopefuly the upcoming patch
    will fix this problem. (Possibly a problem with people trying to invade.I've gotten Gravelord signs in 3 different areas, and each time I got an "Invasion Failed" message. [PS3, 12/21/11] - Youdrongo)
    As of Patch 1.05 the gravelord covenant is no longer broken. many people now
    see GL signs and/or Black Phantoms in their world. There is also a user covenant focussed around the covenant and their efforts have shown that the covenant now works.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Please Edit Gravelord Covenant page Empty Re: Please Edit Gravelord Covenant page

Post by Federally Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:20 am

Thank you good sir
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:10 am

DoughGuy wrote:I'll give it a go. If a proper GL like Viral/Dx comes on tough they can feel free to change it.
    Changed it too -
    the covenant is broken at
    the moment in terms of online because sometimes it can take up to 2 hours to curse someone's world (confirmed i left the dark eye sign on the ground went out to eat something and when i came back it was still the same damn thing with nothing hapenning) hopefuly the upcoming patch
    will fix this problem. (Possibly a problem with people trying to invade.I've gotten Gravelord signs in 3 different areas, and each time I got an "Invasion Failed" message. [PS3, 12/21/11] - Youdrongo)
    As of Patch 1.05 the gravelord covenant is no longer broken. many people now
    see GL signs and/or Black Phantoms in their world. There is also a user covenant focussed around the covenant and their efforts have shown that the covenant now works.

I could but I havent been approved to change the wiki
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:14 am

yeah it took about a week for me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am

hence why y'all should have been around for the old forums silly
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:15 am

Yup.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 am

We are pretty up to date with approving wiki members. I'll check now and see if there's anyone pending.

*edit* Just approved a bunch happy
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:40 am

How do you become a Wiki member?
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:56 am

You follow this link:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/space/join
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 am

Federally wrote:How do you become a Wiki member?

Wait. You have to BECOME a member of the Wiki? I thought when you joined you became a member...
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 pm

When you join the forums you are able to post. The two sites are not linked in that way, so you have to join each independently. The wiki's forums were fairly utilitarian and necessitated us having to outsource to a full forum with all the bells and whistles one would expect.
    AquaZeroX26
    AquaZeroX26
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AquaZeroX26 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 am

i have been off this site cuz joining and signing in to both is a hassle.... btw sup serious_much
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Signing in to wiki: 5 secs
    Signing in to forums: 5 secs

Sorry for the hassle. We will continue tweaking to make things much more user friendly.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:12 pm

I was able to edit the prism stone page pretty darn fast
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Emergence of Facts has come to dismiss sloth
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 pm

I Edited a bit of the wiki today, just a few spelling errors and a few unfinished peices about the areas, i did catacombs and the archives.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Emergence wrote:Signing in to wiki: 5 secs
    Signing in to forums: 5 secs

Sorry for the hassle. We will continue tweaking to make things much more user friendly.

I dont have to sign in to either, browser cookies FTW!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Now that I'm a Wiki member I made my first edit, to the Gravelord Cov page of course. I encountered a bug and added this note below the rankings

*Note* After joining you must leave and return before donating eyes. I joined and immediately donated enough eyes to achieve Gravelord +2, but was not awarded the Gravelord Greatsword Dance.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 pm

That only happens if you BB Fed.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:57 pm

That's not truth. You can have eyes when you get there without BB'n
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:59 pm

I meant the not getting a spell. If someone drops eyes for you before getting there the first time, you can get the spell. But if you BB it counts as you already having the spell, a similar thing occurs with the other covenants when you BB.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:06 pm

There's a few things I would probably word differently, but this statement stood out to me:

"Upon using the Eye of Death, the Gravelord will leave a soul sign on the ground, indicating the place the item was used (1). The same soul sign will appear in 3 other players' worlds along with stronger black phantom style enemies (2), making their game harder."

1 - The Gravelord Soul Sign follows the exact location of the Gravelord Servant with an active Eye of Death. Unlike other signs, the Gravelord Sign will travel, refreshing its location every ~10 seconds. The way this is currently worded makes it sounds like the sign will appear wherever the Eye of Death was used, but it appears wherever the Servant is standing. If the Servant is moving around, the sign won't stay in one place for long.

2 - It's not actually known if the sign only appears in 3 worlds. There is speculation that the EoD seeks to infect a select number of worlds, but the sign itself appears to a wider group of people*. The sign appears to people within co-op range. I can personally confirm (and others can as well) being able to see a sign in my world without the infection taking place. It has happened several times to me, so the sign appearing "along with" gravelord black phantoms is definitely not a guarantee. If the sign does only appear to 3 people, whom are also supposed to be infected, then that means it's possible to successfully see the sign but the infection glitches or fails. (PS3 here, patch 1.05, if relevant)

*This is just speculation on my behalf, but this could explain all the "disasters are gone" messages people see. I think it's a poorly worded message, but not a glitch. Lots of people have reported that message without seeing infection, but I think the message has a broader implication. It's not that you were supposed to have the infection in your world, but that there *was* a sign somewhere in your world and it's no longer available due to the servant dying or quitting. Missing a gravelord sign can be a lot easier than missing an infection, and if the sign appears to more than just 3 people, that would explain why people see the message a lot.

I would guess that a more accurate message might be:
    "The Gravelord sign has vanished. Disasters are gone if they occurred for you."

Thoughts?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:40 am

I'll edit that part, I know for a fact every player the GL is connected to, that falls within the SL range, can see the sign. I've seen many GL signs without having BPs.

Thanks for pointing that stuff out.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 am

Okay Edited. Tell me if you think this works, if not I'll adjust it

(Eye of Death only works for covenant members) Upon using the Eye of Death, the Gravelord will leave a soul sign on the ground, this sign moves with the Gravelord and updates it's location about every 10 seconds. All players connected to the Gravelord and within the proper Soul Level range can see the soul sign, three of these players will then be cursed with Black Phantoms. On the other side, the invaded players will have the opportunity, upon finding the soul sign, to invade the Gravelord's world and seek revenge. It has been reported that there is no visible effect or any form of confirmation when a cursed player dies to a black phantom enemy, so there is little incentive to hide the sign or even join the covenant except to draw players to you for pvp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 am