Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
WyrmHero
billy_bayonet
Forum Pirate
FruitPunchNinja
Phoenix Rising
nemesismonkey
JoeBroski09
11 posters

Future First Follower of the Flame: The Dark Flame

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Future First Follower of the Flame: The Dark Flame Empty Future First Follower of the Flame: The Dark Flame

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:13 pm

http://tinyurl.com/76eychl

Due to lore, and the fact that I just do not want to be stuck with the RoFaP, I have to have 48 endurance to light roll. Oh, and I don't want to wear the DWGR. I don't need any more stats into anything else, So I don't really think the 8 points are wasted.

Any of you guys have any ideas? I want to keep the same armor on.
    nemesismonkey
    nemesismonkey
    Casual
    Casual

Future First Follower of the Flame: The Dark Flame Empty Re: Future First Follower of the Flame: The Dark Flame

Post by nemesismonkey Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Drop dex to 14. Just saved you 26 points. No point in putting into dex if you are gonna use chaos. I imagine you or someone else will say it is to increase pyro cast speed. But if thats the only reason. I think its a waste.
    And as you are not using rofap, you may as well vit gouge.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Future First Follower of the Flame: The Dark Flame Empty Re: Future First Follower of the Flame: The Dark Flame

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:39 pm

The only thing i would do is switch to a straight +15 flamberge so you don't have to split damage...thats just me though...other than that it looks good.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 pm

nemesismonkey wrote:Drop dex to 14. Just saved you 26 points. No point in putting into dex if you are gonna use chaos. I imagine you or someone else will say it is to increase pyro cast speed. But if thats the only reason. I think its a waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHfPcu_B0nQ

I don't want to call you an idiot, but... Look Skyward It makes a huge difference. I've had a character without 40 dex and a character with 12 dex. It's.. just.. HUGE. Plus, if I choose to do so, I can use a dex based weapon.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm

yea dont drop the dex, especially since you're using pyro and a flamberge. only thing i would suggest is using a +15 flamberge, you will do better dmg since it scales mainly with dex. +15 does 445 pure physical dmg while chaos 469 dmg, but thats split into two different types of dmg and two different defenses you will have to go through. if you are using a claymore or bastard sword then go chaos +5. i like it, its very similar to my pretty much favorite build. http://tinyurl.com/7esuwgf

edit:might not be a bad idea to do what i do and just use steel gauntlets and heavy boots, it will give you an extra 1.8 pounds(for a bow or rapier ext)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Ahh. ok. I didn't compare the damage of the +15 and fire. Thanks XD
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:00 pm

nemesismonkey wrote:Drop dex to 14. Just saved you 26 points. No point in putting into dex if you are gonna use chaos. I imagine you or someone else will say it is to increase pyro cast speed. But if thats the only reason. I think its a waste.
    Casting speed. I very much disagree, pyromancy with under 30 dex just doesn't work. I've tried. A lot actually, you never hit anything. Minimum 30 dex for your pyromancer joe.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Casting speed. I very much disagree, pyromancy with under 30 dex just doesn't work. I've tried. A lot actually, you never hit anything. Minimum 30 dex for your pyromancer joe.
    She's already SL79 with 40 dex silly

Thanks, tho big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Its a sl 80, not a 120, but I've been really successful with mine.

http://tinyurl.com/74xcz6v

Poision mist, great fireball, great combustion, fire surge, and fire tempest are my spells. Though for dues I might change them, barely use gfb really. Fire surge and fire tempest are most of my kills.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Its a sl 80, not a 120, but I've been really successful with mine.

http://tinyurl.com/74xcz6v

Poision mist, great fireball, great combustion, fire surge, and fire tempest are my spells. Though for dues I might change them, barely use gfb really. Fire surge and fire tempest are most of my kills.
    Sadly, I didn't grab Fire Surge on my first playthrough. Is it worth having two is is one good enough? I like having two tempests XD I'm not allowed any spell that isn't fire. Any mists or buffs is out. Only one I can use is Flash Sweat. (Covenant kind of thing)
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:47 pm

any reason why your sig can a spelling mistake lol?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:49 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:any reason why your sig can a spelling mistake lol?
    ... wat. Engrish pwease.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:51 pm

oh my that was such a major typing fail!!! now i roam these parts feigning ABLUTION.....isnt it absolution?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:51 pm

nope. big grin
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

whats ablution!? is that even a word :O
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Ablution.

ab·lu·tion/əˈblo͞oSHən/
    Noun:
    The act of washing oneself.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 pm

we call that a shower in england :O
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Fire surge is great. 2 would be cool, but 1 is enough for it to do its job. Its mostly pressure and bs punishing when I use it. They fish, you unlock and spin in place. It looks stupid but it works.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:29 am

Nice build, +15 Flamberge and your good to go
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 am

Sorry, how do you get 2 fire tempests. I thought that was a 1 a character sorta deal.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:03 am

^I believe the chaos one you can only get one of, but you can buy the normal one of Quelana.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 am

The only Pyros that are 1 per char are great chaos fireball and chaos storm.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:05 am

DoughGuy wrote:^I believe the chaos one you can only get one of, but you can buy the normal one of Quelana.

You can’t buy tempest from Quelana. She either gives it to you when you have completed her "task" (killing BoC) or you get it when you kill her.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 am

But you can still get one per playthrough. So I was half right silly
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 am

http://tinyurl.com/6t5nosr - for faster casting speed - I personally also would swap once at low hp - the wolf ring for the RTSr. It will make you basically OHKO people with pyromancies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:49 pm