Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
SunlightCrusader
JoeBroski09
WyrmHero
Shkar
DoughGuy
Wilkinson3424
10 posters

Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll)

Poll

Is Solaire the God of war?

[ 7 ]
    Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [35%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [45%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 Empty Re: Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll)

Post by Federally Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:16 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Woop woop! Someone down repped two people in a thread in General Discussion! And it was only about the Shotel! NOTHING WRONG! So sad.

He so is. He's famous for using his own miracle!

Yeah that down repping in the Shotel thread was absurd.

Solaire can't be the God Of War, he says himself he is in search of his own sun. He is simply a follower of the Lords! The first born wouldn't be on some personal quest for his own sun, its absurd!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll) - Page 2 Empty Re: Solaire god of war. or is he? (poll)

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:18 am

Just sayin, Patches...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:19 am

^Well the god of war would have ample reason to hate clerics ...
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 am

Federally wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:Woop woop! Someone down repped two people in a thread in General Discussion! And it was only about the Shotel! NOTHING WRONG! So sad.

He so is. He's famous for using his own miracle!

Yeah that down repping in the Shotel thread was absurd.

Solaire can't be the God Of War, he says himself he is in search of his own sun. He is simply a follower of the Lords! The first born wouldn't be on some personal quest for his own sun, its absurd!
    Because he lost his inheritance of the sun! Thus, he needs to get his own! Plus.. Come one. Sol=sun. -aire=heir. HEIR TO THE FREAKING SUN!

Done aaaand done. lol

lol!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:28 am

Because names could never be read herrings or misnomer's right?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:31 am

DoughGuy wrote:Because names could never be read herrings or misnomer's right?
    What's a Read Herring? And what do you mean? His name is his name. What name in the game is misleading?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:35 am

Im just saying that his name could be a red herring or misnomer. Just because its the only one doesnt mean it couldnt be it. Dolin is the only boss hiding behind a illusionwall you need a ring to see.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 am

DoughGuy wrote:Im just saying that his name could be a red herring or misnomer. Just because its the only one doesnt mean it couldnt be it. Dolin is the only boss hiding behind a illusionwall you need a ring to see.
    I'm having trouble understanding.. idk if it's because I've had a long day, or what. Can someone please give me a really big paragraph or something on PM?

Anyway, he has the most clues pointing towards him to be the God of War. *shrug* I just think that From gave that much because it's supposed to be the bait for normal players to get into the lore. They see the clues for the God of War easily, then they get hooked on searching for clues, and then they become a new Acidic or something hahahaha!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:47 am

I think thats far too obvious. Everything else is well hidden and they already have the pendant to do that.
    Badsically Im saying Solaire may have been named Solaire to throw people off track and trick them into thinking he's the god of war when he really isnt.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am

DoughGuy wrote:I think thats far too obvious. Everything else is well hidden and they already have the pendant to do that.
    Badsically Im saying Solaire may have been named Solaire to throw people off track and trick them into thinking he's the god of war when he really isnt.
    Then we should throw every clue out the door.

Lautrec's armor says that he was from Carim? Maybe he WASN'T from Carim and he was actually NOT a Knight of Carim! But a knight of Anor Londo! But he put this description on his armor to throw people off!

There's quite a bit of lore that isn't hidden. There's lore that starts at the surface, then there's more as you dig deeper.

PS: Sorry if that sounded like I was making fun of you...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 am

It didnt sound like that but it did sound absurd. Like I said Dolin's circumstances are one of a kind, wh couldnt Solaire's lore? There is just too much evidence against him for him to be the son.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:I think thats far too obvious. Everything else is well hidden and they already have the pendant to do that.

Lautrec's armor says that he was from Carim? Maybe he WASN'T from Carim and he was actually NOT a Knight of Carim! But a knight of Anor Londo! But he put this description on his armor to throw people off!

There's quite a bit of lore that isn't hidden. There's lore that starts at the surface, then there's more as you dig deeper.

The difference is that that is said straight out, where as the only info actually stated out right on the "Solaire = Kratos" theory is that his armor isn't magical, which means nothing as the only obvious magic armor are the masks and the two crowns.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 am

Who the heck is Dolan?... I never played Demon Souls...

If there's too much evidence, that means you're throwing evidence out the window. There's no reason to do so. You say that this lore could be a one of a kind. Every single NPC is a one of a kind in their story. Idk why Solaire's would suddenly be null and void because you think so.

From put the clues there for us to follow.

Follow the yellow brick road, Dough.
    Follow the yellow summon sign road!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 am

Shkar wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

The difference is that that is said straight out, where as the only info actually stated out right on the "Solaire = Kratos" theory is that his armor isn't magical, which means nothing as the only obvious magic armor are the masks and the two crowns.
    How about the fact that is main miracle is the God of War's miracle. And he believed in the strength of arms, which then ties into the armor of Solaire. Plus, his name.
    PS: Who is Kratos?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Who the heck is Dolan?... I never played Demon Souls...

If there's too much evidence, that means you're throwing evidence out the window. There's no reason to do so. You say that this lore could be a one of a kind. Every single NPC is a one of a kind in their story. Idk why Solaire's would suddenly be null and void because you think so.

From put the clues there for us to follow.

Follow the yellow brick road, Dough.
    Follow the yellow summon sign road!

He means Gwyndolan.

We're not throwing evidence out, but we aren't jumping to conclusions about the God of War based on a few circumstantial pieces of evidence.

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    How about the fact that is main miracle is the God of War's miracle. And he believed in the strength of arms, which then ties into the armor of Solaire. Plus, his name.
    PS: Who is Kratos?

Anybody can use the God of War's miracle. Heck, you can get a stronger version then Solaire can. The "strength of arms" says he relied ONLY on the strength of arms. This implies that he would not actually use the miracles that are his birthright. His name is circumstantial at best. The one city we can see in the game is absolutely massive, the odds of one person named after the sun being powerful is very high.

Kratos is the main character of the God of War series, I was just too lazy to type "God of War" in my last post.

Last edited by Shkar on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 am

Shkar wrote:He means Gwyndolan.

We're not throwing evidence out, but we aren't jumping to conclusions about the God of War based on a few circumstantial pieces of evidence.
    When it comes to From, there are no coincidences. Circumstantial pieces of evidence was put there because they wanted to put it there for us to see. That's just how it is. The fact that people think Andre is the God of War is that the developers were THINKING he would be a MAIN character, but it was cut. We need to look at what the game is now.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 am

Gwyndolin* Dolin not Dolan, 2 COMPLETLY different things.
    Who saud anything about throwing evidence out? Im was saying theres too much evidence against him. You seem to be putting words in my mouth and making assumptions about what I think.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Shkar wrote:He means Gwyndolan.

When it comes to From, there are no coincidences. Circumstantial pieces of evidence was put there because they wanted to put it there for us to see. That's just how it is. The fact that people think Andre is the God of War is that the developers were THINKING he would be a MAIN character, but it was cut. We need to look at what the game is now.

Just because it was cut from being in the game as an event does not mean they changed the lore.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 am

^In the text dump files there is an item with part of its description cut out so its not in the DUMP files. If they wanted to remove something its removed.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 am

The god of war might be dead, as his ring is found on a corpse in the darkmoon tomb.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:11 am

DoughGuy wrote:Gwyndolin* Dolin not Dolan, 2 COMPLETLY different things.
    Who saud anything about throwing evidence out? Im was saying theres too much evidence against him. You seem to be putting words in my mouth and making assumptions about what I think.
    "for", "against" what's the difference?

I told you, long day... I thought you were like so many others saying that Solaire is just "too obvious" and "there's too much evidence for him. They're trying to throw us off!" Or something something something
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:14 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:The god of war might be dead, as his ring is found on a corpse in the darkmoon tomb.
    The ring's description says that he's still alive, looking over his warriors.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 am

Solaire can't be the god of war simply because Solaire is too weak to overcome a few chaos maggots, and I expect more then that from my god of war.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:13 pm

DoughGuy wrote:^In the text dump files there is an item with part of its description cut out so its not in the DUMP files. If they wanted to remove something its removed.

I don't follow. What I was saying was that due to their style of simply leaving a bunch of little clues, they could easily have removed an in-game event that confirmed something and still had the point be made.

For example, we know Shiva is untrustworthy, even though the event where he "goes Lautrec" on us was cut.

In a side note, I had thought I had figured out a massive clue. Everyone else in the family's name started with/was Gwyn. So I looked through the NPC names for one who's name could unscramble to Gwyn something. Closest was Ingward, with Gwin.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Miyazaki Hidetaka, Dark Souls' producer, says this in regards to him creating Solaire

"What I wanted to do is show pure devotion in pure form. Thats how I imagined them 251. like the warriors of sunlight"

I believe this supports my theory Solaire is devoted to following the God Of War and not the God of War himself.

He also refers to him as "the Warrior for Sunlight" which in my interpretation supports my idea as well! (I love agreeing with myself)

Then he says

"As for Solaire its a secret, and I think the happiest ending for him is to die by become the sun",

he was referencing Solaire getting the sunlight maggot and you killing him. Then he says

If you kill the sunlight maggots I think he can fight with you at the last boss. And after that he links 164. the fire in his own world.

If Solaire links the fires in his own world I don't see how he can be the GoW. He is just a "chosen undead" like the player, who can only succeed with our help, similar to some players who can't succeed without his help.

Wouldn't the GoW be a God existing in all worlds instead of a npc counterparts to the player with their own world?

Last edited by Federally on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 am