Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Oswald of Carim: Casting, Jabbing, Stabbing

BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Oswald of Carim: Casting, Jabbing, Stabbing Empty Oswald of Carim: Casting, Jabbing, Stabbing

Post by BindMind Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:27 am

Hey guys.

After looking at Velka's Rapier for awhile, I've come to realize... That it is quite a fantastic weapon. Especially for those "pure caster" builds, with 45 DEX and 45 INT. So I decided to make a build revolving around that.

I present to you, Oswald of Carim
    http://goo.gl/vm95y

You are Oswald of Carim, Pardoner of Velka. With wisdom and unmatched dexterity, you pardon the sh*t out of your opponent with a combination of spellcasting, quick jabs, and deadly riposites, making Velka's pardoner a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited by BindMind on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 7 times in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Oswald of Carim: Casting, Jabbing, Stabbing Empty Re: Oswald of Carim: Casting, Jabbing, Stabbing

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:58 am

Be sure to not get hit. And practice those parries. One day I'll do a Velka build, not the pardoner, but the goddess. That's incredibly difficult because you need 30 Faith for her miracles + 40 Int for good Velka's Rapier AR. And a secondary weapon with Darkmoon Blade +3 to really punish the guilty so *** hard. Which weapon.....
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Oswald of Carim: Casting, Jabbing, Stabbing Empty Re: Oswald of Carim: Casting, Jabbing, Stabbing

Post by BindMind Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:10 am

WyrmHero wrote:Be sure to not get hit. And practice those parries. One day I'll do a Velka build, not the pardoner, but the goddess. That's incredibly difficult because you need 30 Faith for her miracles + 40 Int for good Velka's Rapier AR. And a secondary weapon with Darkmoon Blade +3 to really punish the guilty so *** hard. Which weapon.....

It's quite backward, isn't it.
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Major update to the thread. Much better OP now.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 pm

I would say this would be a more interesting version of your build - I realise the chameleon trick basically removes the enemies lock on - then you hit them with a CSS? how I would enjoy seeing it using the Velka's tali and dropping at least one CHSM for a WoG charge silly however that makes the build even riskier.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:56 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I would say this would be a more interesting version of your build - I realise the chameleon trick basically removes the enemies lock on - then you hit them with a CSS? how I would enjoy seeing it using the Velka's tali and dropping at least one CHSM for a WoG charge silly however that makes the build even riskier.

That's exactly what I did. Except I went with two stacks of wrath.

And playing a caster with zero poise is super effing hard to do. If people rush you, and they will, you wont get the opportunity to cast anything. So you're basically limited to melee only. This is why I went with Wolf ring and wrath. They come in close, you wrath to get them back. Then you can go apeshit with sorceries.
    BindMind
    BindMind
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BindMind Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 pm

For a less squishy build, perhaps the wolf ring would be a better choice over the dragon crest ring?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Definitely. Sorceries still do tons of damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am