Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Browsing the forums

Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Browsing the forums  Empty Browsing the forums

Post by Delvanoc Tue May 29, 2012 10:20 am

So, I realized that I may not post as much as some, but that I browse and read this forum way to much. Had a dream last night (note I rarely remember my dreams) that I had gone from my current rep to -1. I was frantically searching for where I went wrong and why I had become disliked so. I laughed when I awoke to come back to surfing the forums.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Browsing the forums  Empty Re: Browsing the forums

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 am

Ow god. I had times where I reach for the Ipod in a drowsy state to look inside it, and I was surfing in the ipod on the forums... then the Ipod disappeared in my hands. Then I look back at the charger, and the Ipod was resting on the charger.

My Mind was somehow accepting to that fact, even thou I just saw my Ipod disappear and become placed back on the Charger.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 am

That's funny, though im surprised im not negative yet.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 12:00 pm

If you want to be negative, just put it in your sig, Buggy does it and works for him.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 29, 2012 12:08 pm

I honestly don't care about rep since I never pay attention to mine (or anyone else in terms of reading this forum). Im just surprised people from this wiki has actually positive me apart from my own thoughts.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 12:18 pm

I am surprised for what people do with reputation to others. My companion is as well.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Ha, was just a dream. I prefer to have positive rep, to me, positive rep means that I have made posts that are actually worth reading and are helpful. Hence the wondering what I did wrong (within my dream.)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Probably were complaining about your dream. Watch it, dude. twisted
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Negative can also mean though you had valid points people still disagree and negative it rather than discussing why they disagree.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Probably were complaining about your dream. Watch it, dude. twisted
    Ha, I am insulted.... raaaaaaggggggeeee! Just kidding.
    Well, the rep system should be there for posts that are helpful or make valid points. I don't use it as a popularity contest system. Also, it is a better representation of the information you are posting, rather than just relying on how many posts overall. I could randomly post absolutely nothing of value to rack up my post count (kinda like this thread happy), but without the "reputation" my post count is meaningless.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Thats true, but me personally I never really pay those two things any attention. I just read posts and if I relate/agree to them thats good. If I disagree ill voice why.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Well, the Rep has a form of ideal. It is subjective yes, however if people on the forum give you +1 for good posts, and you have a good amount of posts, than it must mean something of sorts in terms of agreeing or thanks. negative is more so of a disagreement, rejecting, and negative results from what the viewer sees of the post, or in general the user (depending on the user).

Still, it will be something if you saw someone with over, what, a lot of posts that make up about more than 1% of the total posts in the forums, and their negative rep is high. Same goes vice versa, with someone with little posts and lots of rep. It is also the same for any with lots of posts with a good amount of rep, or people with few posts and a good amount of negative rep, etc...

It is relative. It is not absolute. They give you + and - due to their views. Their own logic, emotions, and instincts... perhaps only one or many of these mind sets would make the being choose what to do in terms of repping or not repping.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Rep is rather arbitrary to be fair, that's all I need know. For all reasons you two outline, rep means jack all really (though it is nice to not have a negative one, lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 12:59 pm

It is relative, that is all it is... the same as how many posts I see for a person, their points, their avatar, their user name, etc...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Well if you have too many posts it's obvious you're addicted to the forum...

I genuinely think I've spent more time on the forum than I have playing dark souls, lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 1:01 pm

You have, fool. I owe you a gravelording, and I can;t give it to ya, because ya ain't playing Dark Souls
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Well good news for you, I triumphantly return soon. Give it a few days you'll see winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

The Rep system isn't perfect. While I like that it is there I'm not a fan of how people use it really. I prefer to only give negative rep to posts that truly deserve it, Trolling, trying to start a flame war, insulting other people, generally doing things that are against the rules. But more often than not people just negative posts they disagree with.

As well people rep things up for some pretty off reasons. I have the resources thread, wealth of information for people and that post is repped up.

But I more often than not get repped up for making a reference to something from the 90's, usually a cartoon I grew up with. I really don't think those posts should be repped up.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue May 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Ah, how this thread started out as a nonsense statement about a dream and time spent on forums to a civilized discussion on reputation. The evolution of threads on a forum.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 3:16 pm

My first post was about a dream about trying to go on the forum from an Ipod... in which the Ipod was a little ghostly. Even if I was scrolling on the Ipod like the real one, the ghost Ipod was a little annoying. I was fine with it, though. I guess I was too drowsy to object or have any negative effect from the phantom Ipod events.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue May 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:My first post was about a dream about trying to go on the forum from an Ipod... in which the Ipod was a little ghostly. Even if I was scrolling on the Ipod like the real one, the ghost Ipod was a little annoying. I was fine with it, though. I guess I was too drowsy to object or have any negative effect from the phantom Ipod events.
    I know.. but the first response on the thread was the only dream related post. Everything else was about the rep statement. Not that I mind, nor care that it was derailed. Wasn't supposed to be anything specific, other than other people doing something similar, which, I guess we are the only two crazies out here.
    That being said... I love you guys/gals! Always reminds me of my friends where one minute you are saying go f yourself and the next you are laughing and having a beer with each other.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 29, 2012 3:57 pm

You should see my friends. It is a snark fest and then a drink, playing games, yelling and laughing at the strange and odd that always happens when we do anything, talk about stuff, then it recycles to snark fest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Indeed we, are a goofy lot. Why just yesterday with some friends we decided to do a little "Social Experiment." We would kiss each other and hold hands near Ranch Frosty's. We got the dirtiest looks from nearby people and one confronted us. Boy was it fun, we also had a discussion on the legality of instigating a fight.

Ten minutes later, talking about Nicholas Cage in a Caterpillar suit and the idea of going swimming.

We love you too Delv. Join us in talking about off topic things, for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.
    Delvanoc
    Delvanoc
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Delvanoc Tue May 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Ha, thats halarious, Tolvo. My best friend came to visit and we went out for lunch and to run some errands. We had my little girl with us the whole day and decided to ruffle some feathers by acting as though we were a couple with a baby. Oh the looks. Very enjoyable watching people and their reactions.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 pm

My one friend got pretty angry over the whole thing about how badly people reacted, he almost went over and started a fight but thankfully we talked him out of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm