Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
FrEyes
Kaminari
Tolvo
Leeroy_Jenkins
8 posters

Help in regards to armor upgrades.

Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Help in regards to armor upgrades. Empty Help in regards to armor upgrades.

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 3:18 am

I was thinking of switching my armor from the paladin set to either the steel or elite knight and was wondering if when upgrading I would have to use a titanite slab to max each piece of armor out individually?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Help in regards to armor upgrades. Empty Re: Help in regards to armor upgrades.

Post by Tolvo Sun May 27, 2012 3:33 am

Yes you do. That is why most just get everything to +9.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 4:54 am

Is there any way to farm for slabs or is there just the few you can pick up pr run through?
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Sun May 27, 2012 5:14 am

you can farm slabs at new londo ruins darkwraiths, however, it will probably take a heck of a time to get them, even with 410 item find, but if you got the time, just go for it.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 5:21 am

Thanks bro big grin
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Sun May 27, 2012 6:51 am

Don't forget lizards in Great Hollows!
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 6:55 am

The lizards drop slabs?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 27, 2012 6:55 am

Kaminari wrote:you can farm slabs at new londo ruins darkwraiths, however, it will probably take a heck of a time to get them, even with 410 item find, but if you got the time, just go for it.

Note OP while this is possible, I farm those Wraiths regularly to get chunks and I've never seen a slab. So I wouldn't rely on it actually happening.
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Sun May 27, 2012 6:57 am

Yes. I got once 2 of them by killing all lizards at Great Hollows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBvhMFEdKOI there is guide to get them all happy
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 am

Yes but again those lizards just have a chance of dropping them. I got none myself sad
    FrEyes
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FrEyes Sun May 27, 2012 7:06 am

Federally wrote:Yes but again those lizards just have a chance of dropping them. I got none myself sad
    Yes but its worth trying anyway right?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun May 27, 2012 7:08 am

Oh for sure. Just trying to encourage being careful with the slabs as they're rare, and sharing my miserable luck.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 27, 2012 7:45 am

You can also trade slabs you dont need for slabs you want i.e. red/blue for normal.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sun May 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey Leeroy, I don't know how much slabs actually are but I'd rather have someone else use it. Does a fully upgraded Grant seem like a fair trade to you? I'll give you a slab for them!

Also off topic but what's the ideal level for SunBro'ing?

EDIT:NVM about the Sanctus.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun May 27, 2012 1:04 pm

You can check the Co-Op section of the Wiki Sparda, there is a fairly accurate guide there to being summoned and the levels for areas.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sun May 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Alrighty thanks!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun May 27, 2012 1:10 pm

No problem, remember to always check the Wiki first, then the Resources thread. Usually you can get your answers questioned easily at those two places.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun May 27, 2012 1:35 pm

When you farm the Wraiths of New Londo even if you don't have a lot of luck with the Slabs you'll still come out of there with a heap-ton of Chunks, so getting your stuff to +14 would be a breeze.

All in all, I'd say it's worthwhile.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 4:53 pm

@Sparda it seems like a fair trade to me but my grant is only +2 right now I used most my twinkling titanite on my paladin armor.
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sun May 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Tell ya what I'll give it to you for free. If you have any large soul consumables you don't want or unneeded boss souls I'll gladly take them. My SL is 111, I'll be on later!
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Cool I have a moonlight butterfly soul and a soul of gwyn. I am sl 92 but i just started ng+ so I should be able to lvl up some
    Sparda
    Sparda
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sparda Sun May 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Alright, just let me know when you are ready to trade!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:52 am