Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

My Personal Experience From "Honorable" Players

martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

My Personal Experience From "Honorable" Players Empty My Personal Experience From "Honorable" Players

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Back in March, I was watching a few videos wherein a commentator talked a lot about "honorable" PvP. As I continued to watch his vids, I noticed that when he became upset, he would do exactly what "he said" was "dishonorable," i.e, chain-backstabbing, wotg spamming, and a few other things noted on his list.

As a response, I made a few comments on his channel but later realized that commenting did not contribute anything to the discussion. Therefore, I created a video and uploaded my own video as a response to the subject.

Recently, I created a video series titled, "Dedicated to the Honor Dudes." Although there were "some" who disagreed respectfully, I was attacked by a barrage of comments by who??? The "honorable" community. The thing most ironic about this situation was that most of the rude and insulting "personal" comments came from the so-called "honor" people. As a result I deleted about 42 vids that I dedicated a lot of time to upload and add commentary, something that none of my attackers took the time to do.

Question: Why is it that all these people who are so passionate about "honor" in a VIDEO GAME, seemed to behave so dishonorably in there human interactions with me? At no time did I ever attack any "person" in ANY OF MY VIDS or comments/replies. Did I make comments about "play styles?" Yes! Did I bring attention to, what I perceived to be, mistakes that other players made, in addition to offering an alternative suggestions? Yes! But did I ever attack anyone personally NO! So why the dishonorable behavior from all the honor dudes? Hmmmm....
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My Personal Experience From "Honorable" Players Empty Re: My Personal Experience From "Honorable" Players

Post by Yukon Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm not sure what you expecting to hear signing up for a community that you are accusing of doing this to you, just to post this 3 days after I believe it happened.

I even believe some of this community apologized to you directly on youtube. While I wasn't here to see what happened on those days, I can tell you know that that is in the past. and if you have beef with this community you could easily find the members you are accusing of this and private message them instead of dragging this on again for those of us uninterested.

This war between the Honorable players and the others is rediculous, we are all just people who want to play a game and have fun, stop trying to shove your opinions in other players faces and just do what you think is right. That goes for both sides.

I don't see this thread going anywhere productive so I have sent a PM to a mod.

In a less serious note..Welcome to the dark souls forums, please don't let this thing that happened days ago affect your opinion on everyone here as a whole, we are all here for one thing, and that is to have fun playing so I hope to see more posts from you that are more directed at that.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

My Personal Experience From "Honorable" Players Empty Re: My Personal Experience From "Honorable" Players

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 pm

We'd rather not see these honor flame wars started again. But if you are interested we did have a fairly peaceful discussion about this and how we were not happy with how you were treated. While some of us agree with you, and some disagree those of us who have taken a moment to look at it agreed that you didn't deserve the reaction you got. If you wish to see I could link you to the thread, and the letter Acidic wrote up for you if you hadn't seen it.

But please don't try to start this up all over again.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Beef? That is an interesting choice of words. I'm not exactly clear on your implication. Secondly, there is no "war" on anything. There are differences of opinion. Thirdly, I haven't shoved anything anywhere. I haven't attacked or blasted anyone because their opinions are different than my own. I have a channel that I created that people can either choose to visit or not. Also, I've never expected anyone to think like me. I am a commentator. I talk about various subjects like other commentators not limited to Dark Souls.

Your attempt to have this discussion shut down by sending it to a "Mod" is funny. We have people who presumably live in a free country and who have the right to free speech but you are attempting to censor me. If it is not going anywhere then it will die on its own like other subjects.

Lastly, nothing affects my opinion on "everyone." I don't make generalizations. I deal with specifics. Thanks for your comment.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 8:15 pm

The reason he sent it to a mod is so that they keep an eye on it in case anyone starts any hateful speech or seems to be trying to cause any offense. Please calm down, we are not attacking you or trying to silence you. We are merely trying to explain that this thread could become volatile as it is borderline baiting, and this topic has in the past become a bit volatile because people can be a bit too opinionated on it.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat May 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Like any other thread with the word 'honor' in the title, this will eventually turn into a flame war as well. The topic is a hornets nest, so stop kicking it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 pm