Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Jovias-86
Noob-of-Artorias
GkMrBane
DARKXLORD
Doelker
DxV04
BartholomewWenceslas
SlakeMoth
TheBigLebowski
MsCherryBlossom
Serious_Much
nsane32
Halicarnassis
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jorund
Sulfur
Railage
ViralEnsign_
DoughGuy
Tolvo
befowler
chimi chongos
Bioraptor
27 posters

Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dragons Dogma  (Pic`s & tips) - Page 20 Empty Re: Dragons Dogma (Pic`s & tips)

Post by nsane32 Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:48 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote: I have noticed that many people base thier pawns of anime characters.

ive made a few pawns ive got letho for the witcher a few anime chacters and Alucard
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:33 am

Ok ive beat the game once and there was a WTF moment before the everfall when a male merchent went butt pirate on my toon I was so angry that the moment I could control my character I made him throw the male merchant into the water to drown.

With that down I speed through ever fall killing the hydra and several other monsters to get the 20 wake stones with that done I went to the senchel beat his @$$ not in the butt pirate way. Then I was supposed to live life as the senchal but I couldnt do anything and I could only access my inventory when next to the chair. Then commited godsbane started new game plus fought the ur dragon like 8 times offline won tons of loot. ect.

I wish there were more xbox people online so I could show off my pwn.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

GkMrBane wrote:Ok ive beat the game once and there was a WTF moment before the everfall when a male merchent went butt pirate on my toon I was so angry that the moment I could control my character I made him throw the male merchant into the water to drown.

With that down I speed through ever fall killing the hydra and several other monsters to get the 20 wake stones with that done I went to the senchel beat his @$$ not in the butt pirate way. Then I was supposed to live life as the senchal but I couldnt do anything and I could only access my inventory when next to the chair. Then commited godsbane started new game plus fought the ur dragon like 8 times offline won tons of loot. ect.

I wish there were more xbox people online so I could show off my pwn.

I`ll hook up with you if you send me an invite?.

XBL CelestialSpiral

Also sorry about the wait on that list I said I would do regarding the best way to go it alone,to be honest I got a little side tracked.

I`ll get round to it soon although I am guessing you are OK now seeing as you have beat the game?.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:27 am

Wow. Just had the supidsest thing happen. Im a fighter against a warrior. So he's swinging his big sword so I block ihs attack, he stuns and I press square to attack normally. However because I have the shield summon skil there, instead of attacking I hit my shiled with my sword, the guy srecovers and hits me again. This happened 2 more times before I managed to kil him.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:27 am

Lol I always follow that up with the sword thrust or flesh skewer (god its the best skill)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:10 am

Yeah I just bought that. But then I got a 65,000 gold windfall so I could finally switch to mystic knight and cant use it silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:01 am

So in the troublesome tme quest the game is meant to give you 2 locations it could be in. One to the north and one ot the south. Now the first time I did it i got lucky and this guy told me it was in the south. However this time around I get all the way to the northern location, because the game didnt show th esouthern location just to find out its still in th esouthern one, the game just failed to tell me.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:31 am

That really stinks man as that is some walk you have to do and will have done to get that quest sorted out.
    I have had DkS in my console for a fortnight now,may start and play a bit of DD again.
    I have yet to still complete all the DLC quest I bought sad
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:35 am

I havent got around to buying any DLC content yet. DkS is taking up too much time.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:45 am

I'm not gonna buy DLC content.. I'm almost finished with first playthrough though, I'm on to the final showdown with the dragon.. Still don't know whether to rock up as mystic knight or magic archer though, I look cooler as magic archer, but spamming ruinous sigil has destroyed bosses so easily for me..

Then I'll do some post game *** around and NG+ and see if it's actually challenging silly (Though doesn't help the difficulty that I found a pawn at level 30 with end game gear lol! ) Still do more damage though seeing as he's only a tank.

I gave up on side quests once I hit level 30 well.. Notice board quests that weren't interesting or easy. I only tend to do side quests people give by talking to you since they are actually relatively fun
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:49 am

Think you're finishing the game this quickly eh? Kekekekekeh
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 am

It's not the end? Really? Thank ***. I was thinking it was a bit short (dunno how long I've played for.. But probably only like 30 hours)

Though I'm still not doing sidequests. It's only fun doing main quests now since they're the only ones that are decently hard to make me put effort in.. Did you find this dough? Once you hit a certain point and get good equipment everything's a joke.

I'll go do some killing then and see what's left for me. winking
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 am

btw does anyone else love the J-rock song at the title screen? silly

and dough where is your other pawn? I can only find shana not the one you have on your new file.. Is it on another PSN account or something?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 am

Yeah my first playthrough was really easy for some reason. Monney just fell into my lap. On my second its a bit harder :|
    I will say I restarted cause I got stuck while I was level 40 so you might want to level a bit. Bio was level 60 when he challenged the dragon.
    Also I am in love with the song. I listen to it on youtube sometimes.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:01 am

DOUGH!!!! where is your pawn? seriously :|

And you got stuck when you were level 40 on the dragon? I'm level... what do you know 43, I think that's high enough frankly winking

I'll take a ferrystone just in case I'm way out of my depth though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 am

I got stuck after the dragon, at the next boss. My new pawn isnt online, and hes only level 19 atm.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:24 am

Hopefully there's some interesting sidequests to do then! silly

Otherwise I'm just gonna go straight onto the next story bit winking
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:26 am

Speaking of pawns make sure your shas the best equipment cause Im gonna steal it silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 am

hahaha mine has equipment that looks good silly My arisen too, I'm still using horned helmet for that very reason winking

Plus you can't steal, not that you'd want to it's just stuff I've bought except for the frame plate she wears
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am

I had my original guy in full red leather with the assassins maske. Looked so good. I didnt care ho my pawn looked silly
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am

I took on the dragon at lvl 40 and it dragon foreged some crappy gear. im now a lvl 103

YOU HAVE TO DO THIS AT NIGHT SINCE THE LICH WILL ONLY SOMMON UNDEAD AT NIGHT. AND USE PILGRAMS CHARM X2 THE XP (from Fornivil)

The easiest way to lvl up is the got to the corner of the map closest to the great wall or what ever area it is that leads you to the Dragon. near there is a lich that keeps sommoning undead worriors and you can lvl up really quickly both your vocations and your lvl. I tested it with the mystic night fighter and the worrior. you'll want the sigal ability(mystic Knight/fighter) or the full moon slash for just for the fighter and for the worrior youll need the crona slash be careful not to die.

Do not bring any pawns. if you want to bring your main pawn to lvl up her/his vocation and lvl make sure that you unequip their weapons and shields they will still lvl up even if your the only one attacking.

Make sure that you are a safe distance away from the lich because if your kill him he wont come back this is mostly for the mystic knight and worrior.

It is suggestied that you have blood lust from the Assins augments equiped if you dont have them then it is good to bring your pawn (still unequiped) as a distraction and use hit and run tactics.

BUY THE PILGRAMS CHARM (alot) for the duration of the fight you want to have this active since it doubles the amount of xp your get from killing an enemy. 3 of these should last until morning. and in picking up the bags of gold the enemy drops it should cover the expense for buying these from fornivil.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 am

lol, if I don't like doing notice board quests do you really think I'm gonna grind levels? silly
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:53 am

So I just finished my first playthrough and am on new game +. I didnt farm much and missed out the Ur Dragon... Guess I am going to have to farm him now happy
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:15 am

Serious_Much wrote:lol, if I don't like doing notice board quests do you really think I'm gonna grind levels? silly

its way easier than grinding on dark souls.

from lvl 93 to 103 in 15 min and made 280,000 gold and maxed my pawns vocation from start to finish. in. . . 15. . . . .minutes

da Da DAAA!!!!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:54 pm

I don't really care how easy it is, I find grinding dull frankly, I can barely be assed to walk between locations anymore cus I've seen 'em so much, let alone sit in the same old place basically swatting flies.

Okay, just tried to go after the dragon.. I got slaughtered by succubus and hellhound looking wolves so loaded save.. Think I'll have to do a few more quests before I can try to kill the dragon, it didn't look like I did damage to them silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 am