Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
DoughGuy
Wade_Wilson
Buggy Virus
User
8 posters

Eureka! It takes two eyes!

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Eureka! It takes two eyes! Empty Eureka! It takes two eyes!

Post by User Thu May 24, 2012 6:36 pm

lol

I have been experimenting with some things when it comes to PvP. I have been trying to implement things in order to add some flavor to Lordran. Well, in the depths, I did something that was fantastic, and fixes the concept of their being no maximum for the reds.

Gravelords! The Eyes of Death is the key to disallow the maximum being limited to over 700, and instead is leveled... like a white soapstone.

I tried this about 8 times. First, I used the eye of death. Then, I used a cracked orb. All 8 times, they were characters that were of similar level. Not someone from NG+, not someone who is of higher level (which you can tell at times).

When I use cracked orb, I alwasy ending up invading people who are of higher level, even if I am like, what, level 10, level 20, while using a cracked orb. Every fourth invasion lead to me invading someone closer to my level. Otherwise, it was always people who are far ahead of my character's soul level.

BUT, with the use of eye of death, this is not the case! I tried to invade the depths with just the cracked eye before, and I always find players who are really high in level. Now, after the use of eyes, that is not the case.

Here is my theory: The Eye of Death was designed to find players around the same soul level, the same way as the white soapstone. As you use the red soapstone, the traffic searching is replaced by the dominant, current orb that is used: The Eye of Death. As the Red Eye is made to find players for only less than a minute, the Eye of Death does NOT stop searching. That, and the Eye of Death continuously looks for players, that is why Dark Spirits come so fast (similar to the Dried Finger). The Eye of Death is used as a searcher for the Red Eye Orb... the Cracked Orb, anyways.

I am ready to buy some more, to see if this is the ACTUAL case. But after the use of 8 cracked orbs, repeating the same amount of conclusions... I need to search more, but if this is the case, I think I found a new meaning for the Gravelords.

lol
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Eureka! It takes two eyes! Empty Re: Eureka! It takes two eyes!

Post by User Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 pm

... I am not the first one to find this out, am I?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 6:51 pm

So how does the disallow work?

Use an eye of death then a cracked eye orb?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu May 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Exactly!

When the Gravelord Eye is Used, you can use any other Soapstone or Orb when used. Even the Cracked Eye Orb. So, after you use the Eye of Death, you Use the Cracked Eye Orb. Then you wait, and it finds a player that is of the same level as you, and is human. You invade their world, and they are near the same level as you... maybe more, maybe less, acts similar to white soapstone and its summons (the Eye of Death, anyways)

I checked the players I killed, and I know they were of low level as me, as they had less than 800 hp. Most of them had halberds or drake swords (although one had a katana, but it was a regular, and did jack). So, perhaps this theory is actually fact. The proof showed before the theory... I don't know, but more tests are needed.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu May 24, 2012 7:19 pm

I think I may have also gravelorded myself. Hm
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu May 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:I think I may have also gravelorded myself. Hm

I'm sorry, but that's got to be a secret trophy. Or the hidden use of the pendant.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Wait, did you have the effect of gravelorded people who invaded you after using the cracked red eye orb being around your level when they normally are not? Or did you find for the first time that red eye orb people were around your level?

Because I have always found people to be around my level if I use the red eye orb. Generally I think it deviates from your level by 10% of your level +10, so at level 10 you can invade a level twenty, but caps at 21.

So at level 120 you can invade someone as high as 142, but no higher. After a long history of invading this is what I have found. I've never invaded someone who turned out to be 700+ using red eye orbs or cracked ones.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu May 24, 2012 7:52 pm

I don't know... But a Darkmoon killed me with lightning halcyon in back, after I was indicted by a player I killed as darkwraith... Well, two that indicted me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Red eye has no upper limit and i doubt the cracked one would have a limit either. This is an interesting find acidic, good work.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Darkmoons can invade over a larger range of indicted players depending on their sin. Also lightning weapons don't mean much, although I don't understand what lightning halcyon means.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Red eye has no upper limit and i doubt the cracked one would have a limit either. This is an interesting find acidic, good work.

I reiterate, I've never invaded over a limit as a dark wraith.

I've run into modders and such, but if I can't find someone of the right level I just get the message, "Invasion failed"
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 pm

The only really weird invasions i've ever had....Once I invaded a lvl 676 with a lvl 115. And a few times I've been summoned instead of invading somebody...
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:

So at level 120 you can invade someone as high as 142, but no higher. After a long history of invading this is what I have found. I've never invaded someone who turned out to be 700+ using red eye orbs or cracked ones.
    Level 65 invaded a 700, got 890K lol
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu May 24, 2012 9:46 pm

One day I was gravelording the depths with my new toon, I survived over 10 invaders, all of them dropped eyes of deaths, and I had no dark wraith invasion. I thought gravelords could only curse 3 worlds, but I'm sure more than 3 persons dropped eyes when they invaded me. Strange.

I also tried to use the white soapstone while under effect of the eye of death. I got summoned to someone world normally, and helped him beat the boss. Then when I was back to my world, the black aura was gone.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Yarxov wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:

Level 65 invaded a 700, got 890K lol
    Strange invasions happen from time to time, and sometimes they are modders and sometimes they are glitches, but my main point is generally you invade within a very predictable range, with few exceptions that are strange outliers.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Red eye has no upper limit and i doubt the cracked one would have a limit either. This is an interesting find acidic, good work.

I've run into modders and such, but if I can't find someone of the right level I just get the message, "Invasion failed"

Circumstancial evidence does not represent a fact. You are morelikely to get people close to your level but you can invade up any amount.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:

Circumstancial evidence does not represent a fact. You are morelikely to get people close to your level but you can invade up any amount.

If this is true then it must be quite rare as it has never happened to me in a way that I could notice, although it is always possible I simply lost to the group that was a much higher level.

But this also works against Acidic's Theory because then a ton of testing needs to be done with eye of death then cracked eye orb to prove that you can't invade outside of your range, which is unlikely as is already.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Like i said you're more likely to invade someone close to your level. Throw in the rarity of high level people in the area you are and you have a recipe for very few high level encounters.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri May 25, 2012 3:01 am

I think its distance and level based, as in, it searches for people near your level, then narrows down to people with the best connection, broadening the acceptable levels as it goes.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri May 25, 2012 3:16 am

As a wraith the red orb allows you to invade upwards without a limit, but prioritizes those closer to your level. DMBs are the same only they invade downwards.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 25, 2012 11:01 am

I got invaded all the time by people that were of high level in the depths, when I used the cracked eye orb without the eye of death. Guys with paladin armour, wrath of god, giant's armour, smough's, and other sorts of armour that, when I tried to hit them, they always had more than a 1000hp. Usually around 1200, 1300. Some even were over that as well, usually around 1600hp. My server did a good amount of damage, but sadly they always were more prepared than I. I had seen people use soul spears, a black knight great axe, and flipping with full Havel Armour with a Greatshield of Havel.

Their were some invaders that were different, however they still had an extreme amount of HP, with equipment that was ahead of most. Such players were probably dried finger users too, and I have Darkwraiths as friends. They always get jumped by gankers. And I tried the dried finger repeatedly throughout my game, and I always got darkwraiths that were of low level.

With the eye of death, it was not the case. I invaded people around my level, and I could tell with their HP, equipment, and everything else about them. Even the stone giant armour user was noticeably a low level player, as his rolling, HP, and weapon (Halbred) were weak.

I have obtained 99 red eye orbs from Kaathe yesterday, and I have about 35 eyes of death. I will practice this in Undead Parish, The Butterfly Forest, and the Depths once more. I will prove that this is the case, and show that the Eye of Death, due to its continuous repetition of resetting (similar to dried finger), and its lock on players of around the same soul range (like white soapstone), that the cracked eyes would more likely invade people of around the same SL range, than those who are not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm