#2 takes place the same time as #1?

Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

#2 takes place the same time as #1?

Post by Slarg232 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Everyone is wondering if this is a sequal or a Prequal, but isn't the time in Lordran distorted? Dusk herself was long dead when we summoned her, not to mention 50 bajillion Chosen Undeads.

I know this is a confusing thought, but kinda hopped up on Mountain Dew to a probably unhealthy level right now (Finals Week....), but DkSII could possibly be both a Sequel, a Prequel, AND taking place at the same time.

DissidentCitizen
    Casual
    Casual

Re: #2 takes place the same time as #1?

Post by DissidentCitizen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Valid point.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes some of the Souls community have the idea that due to time being convoluted, it will take place before and after. There's even the idea that both endings will feature in the game, one in a world of dark while the other in light, behaving like DeS world tendency. While I would prefer the world tendency mechanic to be a DeS exclusive feature, I admit if it was applied like this it would be pretty feckin sweet to see.
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm

steveswede wrote:Yes some of the Souls community have the idea that due to time being convoluted, it will take place before and after. There's even the idea that both endings will feature in the game, one in a world of dark while the other in light, behaving like DeS world tendency. While I would prefer the world tendency mechanic to be a DeS exclusive feature, I admit if it was applied like this it would be pretty feckin sweet to see.

That's an incredible idea, the world itself being different depending on tendency linked lore wise back to each ending... That's one intense concept right there happy

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Mind blown... haha silly, very interesting, it would lead to many different endings of bosses, opportunities, areas completely based on tendency, ie. how you play the game.
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 pm

steveswede wrote:Yes some of the Souls community have the idea that due to time being convoluted, it will take place before and after. There's even the idea that both endings will feature in the game, one in a world of dark while the other in light, behaving like DeS world tendency. While I would prefer the world tendency mechanic to be a DeS exclusive feature, I admit if it was applied like this it would be pretty feckin sweet to see.

That's a freaking awesome idea.

*steals/writes-up idea for future games of his own*

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak

Ub3rsaiyan542

Post by Ub3rsaiyan542 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 am

It may or may not take place at the same time as the first one. I also do not believe that it necessarily has to follow the Dark Lord ending either. My reason for this is a quote from my boy Hawkeye Gough. "Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion.
    …But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain.
    And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that." the first bit about corrosion is toward Oolacile, but the second part about Dark the flames fading and only dark remaining sounds awfully familiar to the new game. Even if you gave yourself to the flame eventually it would still die out. I am also not saying that it could not be a prequel. As it very well could be. The fur on the collar of the armor also does not automatically = Firstborn or any relation to Gwyn. Without flames as we can see with the nice CGI weather the fur added to the armor is most likely just to make the armor fit with the atmosphere of the game. Well that's my 2 cents hopefully I did not offend anyone with my opinions.

EDIT: i would also like to add that the line "But soon, the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain" is in the prologue. So either way no matter what ending you chose the flames would go away the only difference is the amount of time that passed before they actually died out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:58 am