Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
FruitPunchNinja
WarriorOfBenOwnage
billy_bayonet
WyrmHero
The Once-Ler
A_Major_Threat
10 posters

Moonlight great sword, or Crystal weapon for mage melee?

A_Major_Threat
    A_Major_Threat

Moonlight great sword, or Crystal weapon for mage melee? Empty Moonlight great sword, or Crystal weapon for mage melee?

Post by A_Major_Threat Wed May 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Wanting to start a mage melee character and im wondering which of these is better for that? Also, how do melee mages stack up against melee faith users?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Moonlight great sword, or Crystal weapon for mage melee? Empty Re: Moonlight great sword, or Crystal weapon for mage melee?

Post by The Once-Ler Thu May 24, 2012 12:11 am

The proper answer would be both, especially if you are planning on using cmw on a +15 weapon., then switch to mlgs once buff wears off. Mlgs is one of the best weapons in the game IMO. Both stack up extremely well against faith build.
    A_Major_Threat
    A_Major_Threat

Moonlight great sword, or Crystal weapon for mage melee? Empty Re: Moonlight great sword, or Crystal weapon for mage melee?

Post by A_Major_Threat Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks, makes sense to me. Does anyone know of a solid INT melee build? Ive found a few but im not sure how reliable they are...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu May 24, 2012 1:18 am

My Str/Int build has a GC with 28 Str and CMW with 44 Int. Moonlight Horn as backup.

Edit: It's my favorite build so far, 1000 AR hits hard as hell.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 24, 2012 12:16 pm

if you use an Estoc or a rapier you can be quite deadly, just dont turtle all you will get BS'd alot and there light so you can also have the MLGS aswell
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    WarriorOfBenOwnage
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WarriorOfBenOwnage Thu May 24, 2012 12:35 pm

I like the rapier/estoc suggestion, with the MLGS in your back pocket. That, or a katana, i.e. the Iaito or the Uchi, really helps make use of the extra damage from CMW, as you can get in a ton of hits. If you do go with the CMW route, try not to turtle too much, as others will simply wear out your buff, and then kill you.

IMO, the MLGS is one of the most overpowered weapons in the game. It has a massive range, great stunning power, and does crazy damage, even through shields. Did I mention it has a long ranged attack and has weird parry timing? Great starter weapon, but quite frustrating to fight.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu May 24, 2012 12:44 pm

i havent made a full blown 120 int build for a while, for some reason i always make my int builds really low lvl like 30 or under. i like wyrms build im tempted to copy it using a large club instead of a gc(personal preference). when it comes to facing faith users, having a weapon like that(great club or other high dmg str weapon) is a really good idea. they can just cast great magic barrier(if their slots arent full of wrath of god lol) and weapons like the mlgs will cease to be so amazing. i also really like that you can get many more casts of crystal magic weapon.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm

http://tinyurl.com/6mke7sl

Tweaked my mage a bit, moved 10 from end to dex....
    weapons should be MLGS, rapiers, halberd(GS), and the horn offcrse... happy
    Try Enchanted GS...

Hope you like it...
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu May 24, 2012 4:14 pm

All you really need is the MLGS, it has the best stunlock next to the GLGS and you don't have to waste time buffing. Just my take on it happy
    A_Major_Threat
    A_Major_Threat

Post by A_Major_Threat Thu May 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Jovias-86 wrote:http://tinyurl.com/6mke7sl

Tweaked my mage a bit, moved 10 from end to dex....
    weapons should be MLGS, rapiers, halberd(GS), and the horn offcrse... happy
    Try Enchanted GS...

Hope you like it...

That looks cool, you guys all think dex > strength when it comes to crystal weapons?
    A_Major_Threat
    A_Major_Threat

Post by A_Major_Threat Fri May 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Haws this: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/ build? How necessary is dex? and whats the difference between 44 and 50 int in spell damage/sword damage?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri May 25, 2012 6:18 pm

A_Major_Threat wrote:Haws this: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/ build? How necessary is dex? and whats the difference between 44 and 50 int in spell damage/sword damage?

go 50 Int only if you want to use the White Dragon Breath spell. Not recommended for PVP (but fantastic to PVE)
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Fri May 25, 2012 6:25 pm

I like an enchanted katana that way it does magic damage without buff and scales s with int when you get it +5
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri May 25, 2012 6:37 pm

this is how real men play dark souls http://tinyurl.com/6nc83ek (sarcasm)
    A_Major_Threat
    A_Major_Threat

Post by A_Major_Threat Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:this is how real men play dark souls http://tinyurl.com/6nc83ek (sarcasm)
    lol, whats the velka build good for again? that's it isnt it? Edit: and oh, I thought that if you enchanted a weapon through upgrades you couldn't buff it later?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 pm

you cant buff weapons that are any upgrade path besides normtal,raw,and crystal. i was just joking about the build, that is an extremely common build.
    A_Major_Threat
    A_Major_Threat

Post by A_Major_Threat Fri May 25, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh I see, whats so great about it?
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri May 25, 2012 11:08 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=201186661
    A_Major_Threat
    A_Major_Threat

Post by A_Major_Threat Sat May 26, 2012 12:07 am

Whats the faith and magic together for?
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sat May 26, 2012 2:31 am

A_Major_Threat wrote:Whats the faith and magic together for?

The 28 Faith allows for the use of WotG which is arguably the best miracle in the game, and the use of the MLGS. With Velka's Talisman the power of your WotG will stack with your 40 Int.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:03 pm