Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Brokewilly
Wade_Wilson
Dj-B-Man-Jr
7 posters

Moonlight great sword

Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Moonlight great sword Empty Moonlight great sword

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:36 pm

...oh how i hate you so
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Moonlight great sword Empty Re: Moonlight great sword

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Crest shield/great magic barrier.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:39 pm

my main is an int/dex build..i'll try the crest shield though
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Yeah - that is the best strategy against the MGS. I just lost a 1v1 this morning to host using the MGS (wasn't thinking so I pretty much beat myself) - with the right defenses you are relatively safe since it does all magic damage. This weapon use to scare me a bit - but I have fought enough battles against them that I really don't get too worried now (until my MB/GMB runs out:affraid: ).
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:57 pm

yeah thats true, but its nearly impossible to beat someone who uses that + giants, mother mask & rofap :x
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:04 pm

my min/max can instamurder them. no one is safe from a power within, hornets ring, lightning estoc bs or parry. dont really care what they're wearing.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:my min/max can instamurder them. no one is safe from a power within, hornets ring, lightning estoc bs or parry. dont really care what they're wearing.

ugh..min/maxers Look Skyward but why estoc? there are better critical weapons out there
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:17 pm

GMB FTW!!!!!!!!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:my min/max can instamurder them. no one is safe from a power within, hornets ring, lightning estoc bs or parry. dont really care what they're wearing.

ugh..min/maxers Moonlight great sword 2707236321 but why estoc? there are better critical weapons out there
    because the way its set up i can leave everything base except end of 60 and vit of mid 70s, use the crestshield and with havels ring+ MoM i have maxed health, the mid roll and the poise to setup parry the bkga. and i'm much better with the estoc than say, a claymore. and gmb wouldn't help, its a flat 40% damage increase and cant be mitigated to my knowledge. i break out the dwg ring when i'm really serious but its not usually needed
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:

ugh..min/maxers Moonlight great sword 2707236321 but why estoc? there are better critical weapons out there
    because the way its set up i can leave everything base except end of 60 and vit of mid 70s, use the crestshield and with havels ring+ MoM i have maxed health, the mid roll and the poise to setup parry the bkga. and i'm much better with the estoc than say, a claymore. and gmb wouldn't help, its a flat 40% damage increase and cant be mitigated to my knowledge. i break out the dwg ring when i'm really serious but its not usually needed

...wow :|
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:42 pm

its not like i go around ganking noobs or farming geared out like this. its alway a straight 1v1 if i can help it. its highly effective. the only weapon/ tactic for dueling i really dislike is that rediculous, dead angleing, phantom slashing piece of **** bkga. the way i see it, you hate it because it works. if you're better than me i'm probably going to lose anyways and if you're not, i murder you, same as usual.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:its not like i go around ganking noobs or farming geared out like this. its alway a straight 1v1 if i can help it. its highly effective. the only weapon/ tactic for dueling i really dislike is that rediculous, dead angleing, phantom slashing piece of **** bkga. the way i see it, you hate it because it works. if you're better than me i'm probably going to lose anyways and if you're not, i murder you, same as usual.

BKGA is nothing compared to the moonlight sword, go ahead and use the axe against me, thanks for the parry silly i love fighting people with those things. Actually, i doubt you'd lose in a 1v1 where your opponent will have around 1200-1500 hp at most, you have around 2500? & with giants you have enough poise to tank a hit and go straight for an instakill backstab..ugh i could go on and on about how much i *** hate vitality builds :x
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 pm

buffed weapons can still kill me in a few hits, hcsm will kill me in 3 or so, a bs or parry can still blast half or 3/4 of my heath, and my basic attack are far weaker than others because i'm dealing with 2 defences. the only people i just murder are large weapon users because the attacks are so slow i can just tank and bs, and theyve still got the edge in range
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm

That means nothing, you can still take way more hits then others can.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 pm

On the occasion where I find a person that just spams its ability I roll a few times, let them think I'm afraid. Then when they get cocky, acid surge. If I get it right and they don't move fast enough, Pyromancy glove, a Katana of some sort, and maybe the Greatsword will break. I love it so. Of course this only happens like 10% of the time, but hey it's pretty funny when it actually works.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Tolvo wrote:On the occasion where I find a person that just spams its ability I roll a few times, let them think I'm afraid. Then when they get cocky, acid surge. If I get it right and they don't move fast enough, Pyromancy glove, a Katana of some sort, and maybe the Greatsword will break. I love it so. Of course this only happens like 10% of the time, but hey it's pretty funny when it actually works.

That sword scares me ****, i'd never have the balls to use acid surge against it xP
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Well to be fair I'm pretty stupid for even having Acid surge on me often, since it provides practically no uses in combat other than a blind unless in the most outlandish situations. But I love those outlandish situations.

Maybe it's not that I'm courageous, but more so just stupid enough to try it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 am