Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Would this build be effective/feasable?

ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Would this build be effective/feasable? Empty Would this build be effective/feasable?

Post by ithunktwice Tue May 22, 2012 10:47 pm

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=409625251 This is my Muhammad Ali build. "Float like a butterfly, sting like a.... hornet?" Anyways, I think this is a really fun idea, but I have no idea whether or not it will work and I feel like you guys would be able to help me with this, rather than having to play through NG and NG+ just to find out whether or not my build works for PvP. Criticism, complements, comments, and questions are all welcome!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Would this build be effective/feasable? Empty Re: Would this build be effective/feasable?

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

I have a low level rocky build that's fun to fight with. Thing is the DBF is really heavy to have a pair of. Off handing an elemental caestus for parrying would shave off some weight.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Would this build be effective/feasable? Empty Re: Would this build be effective/feasable?

Post by RANT Tue May 22, 2012 10:55 pm

my leeroy build sometimes uses the DBF its actualy really fun and with builds like that youre supposed to be in it for the fun. check my sig if you wanna look at it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 am

i realised i didnt reallly answer your question, i say yes, it is viable, specially if youre good at parrying and bs'ing since you dont wanna go head to head with other weapons since the reach on the DBF sucks, maybe have a dark hand on the left and DBF on the right?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 1:31 am

I demand satisfaction!

With my character, I invade in the forest. To that end, I need to pull out all teh stops to BS/parry, since I don't use shields or a weapon with any range that basically has 0 stunlock potential.

So, it's not an EASY build to play with, unless you are great at parries, but it IS fun, especially if you throw in tons of poison daggers and dung pies happy
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 am

Shkar wrote:I demand satisfaction!

With my character, I invade in the forest. To that end, I need to pull out all teh stops to BS/parry, since I don't use shields or a weapon with any range that basically has 0 stunlock potential.

So, it's not an EASY build to play with, unless you are great at parries, but it IS fun, especially if you throw in tons of poison daggers and dung pies happy
    Yeah I get what you mean, but I think I might join the Path of the Dragon for a bit because I already have a build specifically for countering the douchebags that gank in the forest. Thanks for the tip about parries. Also, is it possible to parry with the dragon bone fist, or would I need an elemental cestus like Eki mentioned?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 23, 2012 1:41 am

You should be able to parry with the dragon bone fist. But if you're going for parries with off-hand then go with the dark hand. It even provides a great light shield with 80s across the board.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am

cloudyeki wrote:You should be able to parry with the dragon bone fist. But if you're going for parries with off-hand then go with the dark hand. It even provides a great light shield with 80s across the board.

What he said. The only reason I don't use that on my Brawler is because I am specifically restricting him to just caestus (although I think I may have him wear the Pardoner's coat...It's pretty badass...)
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Wed May 23, 2012 1:46 am

cloudyeki wrote:You should be able to parry with the dragon bone fist. But if you're going for parries with off-hand then go with the dark hand. It even provides a great light shield with 80s across the board.
    If I did that, would I still get the stamina regen bonus from my grass crest shield?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 23, 2012 1:48 am

eh..... thing is you have to have the grass crest on your person for it to work.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 1:50 am

cloudyeki wrote:eh..... thing is you have to have the grass crest on your person for it to work.

Just to elaborate, but by this he means you have to have it in one of your "active" slots. Having a buff weapon in your non-active right hand does not give you the benefit, for example.
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Wed May 23, 2012 1:52 am

Shkar wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:eh..... thing is you have to have the grass crest on your person for it to work.

Just to elaborate, but by this he means you have to have it in one of your "active" slots. Having a buff weapon in your non-active right hand does not give you the benefit, for example.
    So if it's in the non-active right hand slot (which it is) I won't get the benefit? In that case, what would you recommend I put in that slot, if anything?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 23, 2012 1:54 am

ithunktwice wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

So if it's in the non-active right hand slot (which it is) I won't get the benefit? In that case, what would you recommend I put in that slot, if anything?

Personally, I would throw in a +15 Light Crossbow, as you have no ranged capabilities and if you wait until you have a good opening defensively, it is hard to get punished for using the X-bow.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 23, 2012 2:06 am

I'd say go with talisman and grass crest offhand, DBF and something with range
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 am

http://tinyurl.com/74mqszd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:25 pm